Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error opening file for Writing (Windows XP)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Error opening file for Writing (Windows XP)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Oxydian
11.29.2012 , 12:45 PM | #1
Hi,

I check all solutions I found about this problem but still not working. I cant install the launcher keep saying the same
"Error opening file for Writing" with 3 options:

- Abort
- Retry
- Ignore

Any suggestion? :'(

morfius
11.30.2012 , 05:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxydian View Post
Hi,

I check all solutions I found about this problem but still not working. I cant install the launcher keep saying the same
"Error opening file for Writing" with 3 options:

- Abort
- Retry
- Ignore

Any suggestion? :'(
Witch file is locked?
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Cerimon
11.30.2012 , 06:23 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Oxydian,

Please reboot first, then log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired. Reboot again and run the launcher when ready.

Feel free to post again if your issue persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Oxydian
11.30.2012 , 09:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Witch file is locked?
When I download the SWTOR_setup.exe from the web and try to install the launcher.

Regards,Oxydian

Oxydian
11.30.2012 , 09:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Oxydian,

Please reboot first, then log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired. Reboot again and run the launcher when ready.

Feel free to post again if your issue persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Dear Cerimon,

Thank you for the anwer but this is not about the launcher, it's about the file you have to download on this webpage SWTOR_setup.exe, it doesn't work.

Best Regards,
Oxydian

morfius
11.30.2012 , 11:06 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxydian View Post
When I download the SWTOR_setup.exe from the web and try to install the launcher.

Regards,Oxydian
When you start setup it shows that file is in use (is it shows or list in event viewer witch one is locked)?
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Oxydian
11.30.2012 , 11:24 AM | #7
Hi all.

Solved! Thanks for the help.

The problem is that the setup execute as C: and i don't have this partition so I manage to create one and its working

Fisgado
01.14.2013 , 08:25 PM | #8
I have exacly the same problem. I don't want create one partition only for SWTOR. I have tried to map my D: partition as C: but did not worked. Any ideas?

Fisgado
03.02.2013 , 04:27 PM | #9
I´m also having the same problem. I have even wrote to SWTOR team w no anwer.
Does someone know hot to solve it?

DeadStraww
03.07.2013 , 05:59 PM | #10
Got the same problem, on a new computer stationed in another military base, there is no C:\ drive, my C drive is the dvd drive and my partitioned boot drive is G:\

So guys what the hell? please fix this crap as I have alot of days that I have already paid for.