Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions 101: Vette

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FRANCESCOInn
11.30.2012 , 10:39 AM | #41
Hi, i really like Vette, my Sith Worrior is a Pure Blood Female Sith, she love Vette, but BioWare not have make for female charecter the romance whit ather female charecter, why ?.

MorgonKara
11.30.2012 , 10:45 AM | #42
Here is an interesting bit of trivia, Vette is voiced by the same actress that played Mission in KOTOR; Catherine Taber.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

catsi
11.30.2012 , 01:56 PM | #43
I fracking adore Vette. she is 10 levels of awesome in a 5 awesome can. her sassy attitude, straight forward manner and unfiltered mouth just cannot be denied, as her skill with a pair of blasters cant be denied either.

So far my sith marauder who always had a bit of an anti authoritarian streak in him to begin with clicked immediately with the beauitful young twilek. her attitude and firey personality meshed with his own, and the pair quickly found themselves inseperable. it galls and feeds my marauders rage that he has to play the Imperial when quinns around but make no mistake while he respects the captains contributions and skills, it is Vette for whom he has a special relationship and a fascination for.

Shes kept herself at a distance so far, but is finaly beginning to open up and the relationship is blooming. when my marauder channels his hatred added ot it is his fury at the way Vettes been mistreated in her life and it fuels him to greater power.

together the tow have the galaxy by the horns and with them working together there is nothing that theyc annot acccomplish.

metalgearyoda
11.30.2012 , 04:12 PM | #44
Guess EA won't be getting 15 dollars a month from me till 2014ish.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Dakkongj
11.30.2012 , 05:56 PM | #45
I'm not very fond of Vette, once I was able to I was quick to replace her, she does not fit well with a Sith. She whines way too much, and most of the darkside choices I've found fall under one of her dislikes.

Sith are by nature cruel. Thus is the reason why my affection for this companion will forever remain low.

sir_star_wars
11.30.2012 , 06:56 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone,

Please share your favorite Vette moments in here! Also feel free to suggest your favorite companions to be featured in our next Companions 101 blog.

May the Force be with you!
Um. I want Risha next!!!!
You're wrong, stupid OPs. This game is amazing, it just needs work.

horizonholds
11.30.2012 , 10:03 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakkongj View Post
I'm not very fond of Vette, once I was able to I was quick to replace her, she does not fit well with a Sith. She whines way too much, and most of the darkside choices I've found fall under one of her dislikes.

Sith are by nature cruel. Thus is the reason why my affection for this companion will forever remain low.
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Here is an interesting bit of trivia, Vette is voiced by the same actress that played Mission in KOTOR; Catherine Taber.

Both of those are why I'm not a big fan of Vette, especially as a love interest. I actually switched out my male warrior for a female one when I found out that Vette was a love interest. She reminds me far too much of Mission - the 14 year old twi'lek - from KOTOR. (Now that I know who the VA is that conclusion makes more sense for me.) It felt too much like pedophilia. Vette's age isn't explicitly stated, but she certainly doesn't start out displaying the mannerisms of an adult.

The article talks a lot about how Vette makes dicey life choices, but those are all "from a certain point of view." She doesn't go for - or even tolerate - DS choices. Her "questionable" history runs from jumping from a life of slavery into a life of piracy, and her life as a relic hunter. From what we see of the relic hunting, I don't think even the mother's of the people she ripped off would be overly upset about her actions. Her time with the pirates is glossed over except for her relationship with Risha, and based on how she described the pirates I got a more "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves"/"Pirates of the Carribean" feeling than "pirates who'll kill you for your loot."

It took some time for me to warm up to Vette, I like her fine as a "sister" character, but there's a lot of tell and that doesn't match what we're shown about her character.

Vette aside, I'm betting internet cookies that the next article is going to be a female love interest. I adore Elara, Risha is cool, and I'm kinda "meh" on Nadia, but it'd be nice to see something that's not so... obviously catering to the guys. Lets do Qyzen! We can pretend the idea was really to get through the first companion characters you get instead.

revansowns
11.30.2012 , 10:28 PM | #48
Lord Scourge for the next one! Favorite companion in the game!
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

Lunafox
12.01.2012 , 04:01 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by revansowns View Post
Lord Scourge for the next one! Favorite companion in the game!
Well if they won't give us Malavai, yeah, I vote Scourge next too.

And the more I read the forums, I'm willing to bet Andryah is on the payroll to tow the line.
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

HakkyounoTenshi
12.01.2012 , 11:12 AM | #50
I found so many of Vette's battle quotes hilarious. Especially "If I die, I'm haunting you."

That said, each of the Companions spotlighted so far has been a romantic option for a male character. Can we get a character that is a romantic option for a female character, like Aric Jorgan or Andronikos Revel? I personally found some of Doc's (from the Knight story) cutscenes hilarious. In particular the marriage.

As a female player, I have noticed an imbalance in companions for male vs female romantic options. A female character only ever has one male interest per class and whereas male characters of specific classes can have 2 romantic options and can even get triangles going.