Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix rewards for latecomers please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Fix rewards for latecomers please

glocklB
11.30.2012 , 03:06 AM | #21
Why don't just ask BW for a flag in wz queue: "Include warzones in progress". That's it. Sometimes it's really frustrating to join in-progress warzone --> even if it's won. Well, i wanna pvp and sometimes i pvp without any quests, give me that lovely button to switch on/off in-progress wzs match and i'll be happy. I guess it would satisfy many of us.
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

MidichIorian
11.30.2012 , 03:19 AM | #22
It's something that seems to be in every multiplayer games these days and it's just horrible. People are already not caring enough and with backfills they're given even less incentive. The games that are about to end when you join are obviously the worst because instead of going for the objective you have to chase down a few quick medals, to make sure that you get something out of the load times. As a healer I failed in getting my quota yesterday and had to walk away empty handed (I joined with less than a minute left and didnt want to self-heal myself).

Then there's the never ending loop where you, as a solo player, will end up in the same game regardless of how many times you quit. Look, I don't quit games I've been in from the start but if I join a 0-4 HB game I'm gonna quit on you. I will then re-queue.......just to end up in the same game, the score now being 0-5.

If you backfill you should automatically get the minimum requirement for wz rewards so that you don't have to walk away with nothing, it's not your loss and you will most likely not have a good time if the rest of the team sucks. Or simple get rid of the crap.

Individual
11.30.2012 , 05:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
really? you want rewards for doing nothing? omg! WZ ended 6 seconds after i join!!! i deserve 100 comms and XP and credits!!!
They should at least set a minimum of 30 coms if you join a game with only seconds left imo. How about compensating people for the fact that they just wasted literally 2 mins of their life stairing at a loading screen?

Wainamoinen
11.30.2012 , 05:25 AM | #24
Given that it's counter-productive to sanction quitters heavily (they'll ruin WZs worse by afking instead), it makes sense to reward those who arrive late to a warzone as compensation for truncated play and fewer rewards. Otherwise they're being penalised for someone else's selfish decision to quit out.

Something like a flat 10 comms bonus for backfilling, awarded at the end of the WZ, would be great. Nice little reward, but not so great it would make people quit and requeue in the hope of getting it.
Hasa'diga Eewokai
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

chimex
11.30.2012 , 05:33 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Given that it's counter-productive to sanction quitters heavily (they'll ruin WZs worse by afking instead), it makes sense to reward those who arrive late to a warzone as compensation for truncated play and fewer rewards. Otherwise they're being penalised for someone else's selfish decision to quit out.

Something like a flat 10 comms bonus for backfilling, awarded at the end of the WZ, would be great. Nice little reward, but not so great it would make people quit and requeue in the hope of getting it.
A well balanced and considered response to the issue, I like it.

+1 from me
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Wainamoinen
11.30.2012 , 06:20 AM | #26
TY.

Also, a second thought: remove the necessity to earn a medal before getting any rewards for backfillers.

I've entered a Civil War shortly before it ends (cheers for that, guy who left), and been unable to do anything before the speeder takes me to the ground. No rewards, totally wasted queue time.
Hasa'diga Eewokai
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

johnnyreece
11.30.2012 , 07:05 AM | #27
Some days I'm thankful for those games. I believe they still count as a match played, even if you don't get rewards. It gets me one step closer to my daily.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

LarryRow
11.30.2012 , 07:53 AM | #28
Guys, learn to read patch notes. It is about to get a LOT easier to get that first medal:

Quote:
Lowered the requirements needed to gain the Offense and Defense Bronze medals. Players now receive each medal the first time they receive associated objective points, regardless of the value
But I agree that an automatic Reinforcement Medal is needed.

Also, if you backfill a warzone and then go on to complete it, you should get a debuff or flag or something that guarantees your next warzone is a freshie.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

JekRendar
11.30.2012 , 10:00 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
How about a lockout for the quitters so they have incentive not to quit and not make everyone else's game play miserable.
Nope - they'll just stay in spawn then. At least if they rage-quit someone else has a chance to receive something.

The best solution is to give late-comers some base reward. The problem, here too, is that players will inevitably find a way to exploit it by having people quit, so their buddies can join and receive the basic amount without any work.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

TonyDragonflame
11.30.2012 , 10:27 AM | #30
Latecomers must get all medals and comms, which lose rage quitter. This is bonus for them continue play that wz.
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN