Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Idea for Bringing Revan back

Kilikaa
12.01.2012 , 08:05 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ankokugai View Post
I don't suppose you read any of George Lucas's books? The star wars moveis were made off a series of nine books written by the old man himself. When Sideous got tossed down into the power core he, Like the current Sith emperor, did not die. His body was destroyed, sure, but the little **** simply went force ghost, retreated to his fortress of doom and used an already prepared clone body of himself to come back. The next three books, which are soon to be movies by the way, are about how he's rapeing the new galactic republic from the shadows and trying to steal Anakin Solo's body.

NOT ONLY THAT! but our current emperor is still arround! he's hiding out on dromud kaas and using operatives to harvest tech from Darth Sidious's war to try and resurect the empire that Bane tore down. Yeah, the old fart is still tiredly trying to consume the galaxy after 10 THOUSAND years.
I have to ask...what books are you talking about? I have bought nearly every novel available and have never found one that said Vitiate was alive during Sidious' time. You give me the titles of these novels andI will look for them. I, and others, won't believe a word you say unless you can give us titles. Because if these so called books have never been published then how are we supposed to read them?

update: According to Wookiepedia, Vitiate died sometime before 67BBY. No way he could be hiding on DK and harvesting tech from Sidious' war. He was also born 5, 113 years BBY. He is not 10,000 years old. Maybe you should do some homework. Right now you are spewing some BS.

revansowns
12.01.2012 , 08:13 PM | #32
Am I seriously the only one here who has no problem with the Revan story? Always something to complain about isn't there. SMH.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

ZayneDraay
12.02.2012 , 12:09 PM | #33
Revan had his time in the galaxy and in that time he shined, after all he did cripple the madalorians and nearly defeat the republic. But, as much as I hate to say it, his time is done. Much as RL, people excel at what they do then fall horribly but in their fall make room for new heros. I think that's what BW and DK were doing when they put Revan in that book and FP. Think of cases like yoda. He was a POWERFUL jedi and yet he died a lonely old man in a hut. There's also Ulic Qel-Droma, who was a promising jedi turned promising sith turned, as Yoda, into a lonely old man who got shot down because of his lost connection to the force. I ask you, WHY DOES EVERY CHARACTER HAVE TO GO DOWN IN THE BLAZE OF GLORY?

P.S. I agree with you Revanswons.
"Those who know me by reputation say I am a creature of the cold darkness, a monster if you will. Now you too shall fear me." - Darth Crios, lord of icy wrath

SiXXXX
12.03.2012 , 04:38 AM | #34
Umm you guys, Revan DIDNT die at the foundry.

His health does not completely drop, no body, hell i've even asked a few customer service representatives when getting in game help from other issues. They won't give you a direct answer, but 3 times now it has been hinted at me. I have gotten the following answers: "Who am I to determine the great revan's fate? " "Nobody in the galaxy knows what happened to revan" and even just the answer "who knows? " Why wink for no reason. Obviously Bioware isn't allowed to say anything. Hell another point, in the beta you actually KILLED revan. as in corpse on the floor. Now he disappears in lightning. Coincidence? Cmon trolls its obvious he didn't die!

As to what they do with him? Who knows. He IS one of bioware's biggest characters from one of their biggest games. To honestly think he died in a mid level flash point is ridiculous.

If we see him again I see it being as part of an expansion. I doubt he will be a center point in any future ops, flashpoints, or single player story. I think it will be dialogue and nothing more. I seriously doubt they would have him killed by players, he is too big of a bioware icon to be butchered. Another reason why he didn't die at the foundry
Bergeren Colony Liiara Överkill Cassüs

The Harbinger Nyhilüss Jay-Fett Thräsher

Biancaneri
12.03.2012 , 05:01 AM | #35
The Foundry is a well crafted ending for Revan. Leave him be.

Biancaneri
12.03.2012 , 05:10 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
Umm you guys, Revan DIDNT die at the foundry.

His health does not completely drop, no body, hell i've even asked a few customer service representatives when getting in game help from other issues. They won't give you a direct answer, but 3 times now it has been hinted at me. I have gotten the following answers: "Who am I to determine the great revan's fate? " "Nobody in the galaxy knows what happened to revan" and even just the answer "who knows? " Why wink for no reason. Obviously Bioware isn't allowed to say anything. Hell another point, in the beta you actually KILLED revan. as in corpse on the floor. Now he disappears in lightning. Coincidence? Cmon trolls its obvious he didn't die!

As to what they do with him? Who knows. He IS one of bioware's biggest characters from one of their biggest games. To honestly think he died in a mid level flash point is ridiculous.

If we see him again I see it being as part of an expansion. I doubt he will be a center point in any future ops, flashpoints, or single player story. I think it will be dialogue and nothing more. I seriously doubt they would have him killed by players, he is too big of a bioware icon to be butchered. Another reason why he didn't die at the foundry
Just because the players didn't kill him doesn't mean he's not dead. The Foundry is based around Revan planning a genocide of Imperial citizens - worse, an ethnic cleansing of anyone with any sort of Sith ancestry, no matter whether they are good or evil. Given that Revan managed to influence the Emperor during his imprisonment, clearly this plan of Revan's is born of the Emperor's counter influence on Revan. In being defeated by the player characters, Revan sees this, coming to the realization of his actions in the same manner Malak did upon being defeated at the end of KotOR, thus making Revan utter his former friend's dying words. This realization leads Revan to choose to become One with the Force rather than continue to live with the Emperor's taint. Like Obi Wan Kenobi in the movies, he does this without his body actually dying, leaving no trace of it behind. Also like Obi Wan, Revan is dead, only existing as a Force Ghost. That is the only form in which Revan should return, as it preserves his theme of redemption through sacrifice and allows the character to die in a fitting and satisfying manner.

IMO, this is the only interpretation that a) makes sense and b) is consistent with the character of Revan.

Ferkles
12.03.2012 , 06:09 AM | #37
So Revan didn't die in the first place.
Getting a new signature. Eventually~

SiXXXX
12.03.2012 , 06:12 AM | #38
So so far there is no actual rebuttal to my above points. Just personal interpretations..

Also thought I'd throw in that Drew Karpyshyn himself has said that they left this open so that they could revisit revan in the future. Didn't say they ARE bringing him back, but certainly didn't say they aren't.

I doubt the writer and creator of Revan is throwing in the towel.

Get real guys, if they we're truly ending Revan this would have at the very least been a max level Op/FP. Not mid level.. And whether you feel this is a fitting end for revan or not, that doesn't mean he isn't coming back

Eillack
12.03.2012 , 10:31 AM | #39
OP..I guess you never heard:

Spoiler

SiXXXX
12.03.2012 , 03:40 PM | #40
The mask is true, but the force ghost is a lie.

Besides, even if that WAS in the beta it got taken out. Soooooo yeah.

Still waiting for people who think revan is dead to address everything I said above