Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE

Aaoogaa
12.02.2012 , 10:57 PM | #21
Came back to check it out...nothing has changed, unsubbed again. This game is so poorly managed. There is nothing new or interesting in the next patch. The new warzone is going to favor the fast movers again and the other classes are going to fail further behind. Oh well, lots of other games to waste my time on.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Loryk
12.08.2012 , 02:58 PM | #22
We defo need something that actually stops the total stun lock. Before, I've been a pulled, rooted and stunned. When I'm dead I finally have full resolve. Something like a skill that would allow us to avoid pulls or roots would be great. and a few instant heals.

SW:TOR On Mac OS X 
Bootcamp Tutorial/thread!

JWinkler
12.08.2012 , 03:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jtehh View Post
I'll come out of some WZs feeling the same way. Raging about how ineffective I was and getting so many glow-sticks shoved up my arse. I'll log onto an alt to cool off. Later, I'll PvP some more and dominate and feel like a Commando ******. Did anything change in my skill or gear between those two points in time? Nope. But the other team and my team changed, and that makes all the difference in the world. If your team stinks and the opponent does not, you are going to have some bad WZs no matter your class. When the tables are turned, you will be burning dudes down like it's cool.

So relax, do something else for a while, re-queue and hope your team is better and the other team is worse. I have worked myself into an ideal position in that I have a 50 on each side. If I find myself losing a ton on one side, I'll switch to my other toon.
I couldn't agree more with THIS post! My main since early access is a Sentinel, and I've stuck with her from the early days when everyone claimed they were underpowered, through 1.2 when the NERF SENT/MARA threads began. There are times when I feel like the overpowered God-class you read about on the forums... And there are times when I feel like I'm made of tissue paper. Team skill and composition is everything!

ChicagoBearsFan
12.09.2012 , 11:28 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kickimanjaro View Post
I gain a very important utility from the Commando in PvP: entertainment, fun, and the fact that I'm a *********** Republic Commando.

I think that your claim of the class' uselessness are unfounded. (Perhaps not entirely unfounded, but I think you should just try playing differently.)

EDIT: I have no experience in 50 PvP, and that is probably why I feel this way.
I appreciate your comments, but until you do play 50 pvp, you have no idea. Sub 50 pvp the commando is still very functional, but after 50... Well, it's very difficult.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

revansowns
12.10.2012 , 03:14 PM | #25
Oh man I really hope it wasn't the OP I kept going after with my Marauder in PVP yesterday lol
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

rainingcrazy
12.10.2012 , 10:39 PM | #26
PVP, at times, comes down to a 1vs1. You've got to be able to win those sometimes or you've got to bring something to the table that is so special that you compensate for an inability to win those.

Since commandos have a terrible time 1vs1, what exactly do they bring to the table that other classes don't as compensation? Off heals? Survivability? CC? Extreme damage? Maybe that last one, if they are left completely alone.

One other thing, people keep trying to fix the game. I spent a lot of time trying to pick a crew skill until I finally decided they all suck, just picked mission skills, and now I send my dudes off to farm for me. I just stopped worrying about it because it sucked too badly to worry about. I think the PVP engine may be just like the crew skills portion of the game, not very good. It's fun in it's way, and I enjoy it, but there's no way I would call it good.

OmegaLantern
12.11.2012 , 04:20 AM | #27
I've been a Commando since 1.0, and I agree completely. In 50 WZ, Commando just dies way too quickly to be effective. I've even been having issues lately where I'll hit my hotkey for Cryo Grenade, and it doesn't even start to throw it until about 10 seconds later, more than enough time for every single assassin, operative and marauder to maul me.

When 1.2 came out, I was shocked that the class balance changes for Commando were almost all nerfs, with the exception of Mortor Volley working a tad more quickly. With the changes to ammo consumption to the Med Probes, you find yourself running out of ammo pretty quickly in a desperate situation.

Frankly, Commandoes have had enough nerfs for a lifetime, time to give them some actual buffs so they can be worth playing again.
"In days of Peace, and in nights of War,
Obey the laws forever more.
Misconduct must be answered for.
Swear to us - the Chosen, The Alpha-Corps!"

SirPhoenixKnight
12.11.2012 , 05:36 AM | #28
4 things i want on my commando a snare added to the Knock back like the slingers/snipers one and cryo back to 30 meters since it is a RANGED Dps or Heals not a MELEE class ffs and change the hammer shot heal from a SOLID BEAM OF LOOK I AM OVER HERE to a rapid shot fire simular to that of the Merc Healer and when the Commando has there shield up make it like the snipers from EC and there un leapable... just those 4 things would make the Commando more effective in pve and pvp envoriments...
The SPK Legacy begins

BattleGracefully
12.11.2012 , 05:49 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SirPhoenixKnight View Post
4 things i want on my commando a snare added to the Knock back like the slingers/snipers one and cryo back to 30 meters since it is a RANGED Dps or Heals not a MELEE class ffs and change the hammer shot heal from a SOLID BEAM OF LOOK I AM OVER HERE to a rapid shot fire simular to that of the Merc Healer and when the Commando has there shield up make it like the snipers from EC and there un leapable... just those 4 things would make the Commando more effective in pve and pvp envoriments...
this is exactly the type of buffs they need, all but the unleapable thing since snipers and slingers are unleapable because of cover and commando/merc don't use cover
Keiga - Guardian
Licani - Sentinel
Millianna - Vanguard

HybridCode
12.11.2012 , 01:31 PM | #30
There was a forum that the devs responded to awhile back admitting that the Commando needed something against melee: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...548897&page=13

It has been two patches since then and no changes. This is clearly a problem and is ruining the gameplay for pvp'ers. Bioware if you are reading, Commandos need help. We know, you have stated that you know it. So when are the changes coming already. I am excellent with my Commando but no one wants one in a rated group because of the lack of team utility.
The only Commando left sitting...