Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will the server transfer service open back up?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
When will the server transfer service open back up?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tiandrah
02.09.2013 , 11:00 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AOD_Capt_Bennett View Post
Server/Character transfers at this point are about as likely as me having a date for Valentines day. You would think though that with the amount of people that are asking them for transfers and are willing to pay for them that they would get this done.
You would think that EA would see this and be logical about opening up server transfers.....but no one ever accused EA of being logical.

I would think that with the number of people that pulled a mass exodus in the game and left, that they would be highly motivated to do any and everything possible to keep people here playing SWTOR, but they seem bound and determined to continue the trend of pushing people away with illogical decisions (not allowing voluntary/paid server transfers), terribad "customer service", and game support that is little more than a myriad of canned, pre-written responses that never seem to work.

I only have 3 characters I want to move from a server they didn't allow transfers on to the one they forced all my other characters to. So it's not like I am trying to move a lot, and would be willing to pay to do so.

But maybe EA just isn't interested in making money anymore.

TheOuroborus
02.09.2013 , 03:39 PM | #22
BioWare is leaving money on the table not re-enabling this feature. Not really sure why they're being weird about it. Heck, if they're afraid of killing low population servers, start with transfers only to them. I desperately want to move my toons from Begeren Colony to Gav Daragon. Let me gdi!
Q'uo-daax 60 Shadow | Uma-ka 58 Sentinel | Lyralia 55 Commando | Zo-en 55 Scoundrel
Syaia 55 Marauder | Xto'en 60 Sorcerer | A'saj 60 Assassin
Ixa-sha 55 Mercenary | B'dia 55 Operative

Founder, Legacy 50 On Begeren Colony

Jonoku
02.09.2013 , 06:26 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings Vgyer,

Thanks for contacting us. As avimeso has put it, unfortunately we don't currently have a time frame for when this service will be available.

Sr. Producer Blaine Christine had this to say in response to a question regarding when transfers would become available:

We would advise regularly checking www.swtor.com for any updates on this service.

Thanks for your patience.
I hope you post pone the expansion for room for character transfers, its hard to enjoy any content without your characters being on the right server to enjoy them. kthxbai

Alinna
02.10.2013 , 01:06 AM | #24
Greetings Vgyer,

Thanks for contacting us. As avimeso has put it, unfortunately we don't currently have a time frame for when this service will be available.

Sr. Producer Blaine Christine had this to say in response to a question regarding when transfers would become available:

We would advise regularly checking www.swtor.com for any updates on this service.

Thanks for your patience.
Here's the other thought I have on this little bit of canned response...

Forced character moves were completed summer 2012. Free to Play went into effect what...October? This is now FEBRUARY!!!How much more work do they possibly have to do to make this a reality for player to do on their own? The player community has been asking for this for over a year, and all we get is "soon"?!?

How about this..."soon" better come before your "highly anticipated expansion", or I predict many players will be cancelling their accounts "soon" due to sheer frustration on BioWare/EA not implimenting a feature that is fully functional after almost a year of begging for it.
God didn't create the human mind. The human mind created God.

OwenBrooks
02.10.2013 , 01:10 AM | #25
Topic #3: Character Copy to Public Test Server (PTS) What is taking so long? Answer: As of the writing of this letter, we are in focused, internal testing on character copies for PTS. You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. It will provide free character copies to PTS at any time (with possible restrictions dependent upon our testing needs at any given time). This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.

Alinna
02.10.2013 , 11:34 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Topic #3: Character Copy to Public Test Server (PTS) What is taking so long? Answer: As of the writing of this letter, we are in focused, internal testing on character copies for PTS. You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. It will provide free character copies to PTS at any time (with possible restrictions dependent upon our testing needs at any given time). This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.
So let me see if I understand this correctly....we have a new expansion coming in a few months, yet we would still have to wait until the end of 2013 to have a transfer service available to the players!?

Please tell me in what universe this makes sense in terms of making the paying/playing customers happy and make them want to stay playing a game where they have been asking for something like this for years now....where other games have been doing it almost from inception.

The foundation for character transfers was already laid out when you forced us to servers we didn't want to go to in the first place. My highest level characters are on a totally different server from the rest of my friends because you wouldn't allow us to say what server we moved to....you made the choice FOR us. And now you are making a choice for us yet again....and many players are about to make the choice to leave the game.

HINT: There's a reason this game went F2P. It's called "bad service/tech support/game development". People got tired of things going unanswered and left in droves. It's about to happen again, but no one wants to address the elephant in the living room I guess.
God didn't create the human mind. The human mind created God.

runedice
02.11.2013 , 08:07 PM | #27
when I first started to play this game i did not looked on what server I was playing. then I saw that I was on a french server.... stupid me.. I kept playing on that server because i did not bother me. the game is awsome. but now a friend of my is on an english server.. so i want a transfer. if you are a free gamer then i would understand it would not be possible to transfer. but im a subscriper; I PAY TO PLAY!! so it would be normal that we would have the choice to transfer wennever we want. and I want to go to a englich server where I understand people. and because I want to fully understand the game. Im only playing the stories now because I dont understand what they say..

RustyDiodes
04.03.2013 , 06:34 PM | #28
"As soon as we possibly can."
ROFL!!! That's a good one Bronholz. How long ago did Blaine say that, exactly?