Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will the server transfer service open back up?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
When will the server transfer service open back up?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AOD_Capt_Bennett
02.04.2013 , 06:10 PM | #11
Server/Character transfers at this point are about as likely as me having a date for Valentines day. You would think though that with the amount of people that are asking them for transfers and are willing to pay for them that they would get this done.

chaseer
02.04.2013 , 08:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings Vgyer,

Thanks for contacting us. As avimeso has put it, unfortunately we don't currently have a time frame for when this service will be available.

Sr. Producer Blaine Christine had this to say in response to a question regarding when transfers would become available:

We would advise regularly checking www.swtor.com for any updates on this service.

Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for the same BS we've been asking for this service for over a year now. You forced transferd us twice allready the system is there all you have to do is open them up so we can put our toons where we want them and not one of your choosing if need to know how to do this have someone put a call into BLIZZARD and see if you can copy theirs.

BlueIndigo
02.04.2013 , 10:21 PM | #13
Transfers will not become available in this game until no one cares anymore. Many of us are at that point now, just biding our time until Elder scrolls Online or some other MMO comes out from a company that's actually as good at systems design as we THOUGHT Bioware was. Ah we'll, live and learn. Who would have predicted they'd fail at something as simple as character transfers, which are pretty much standard in all other MMOs?

lazze
02.04.2013 , 10:33 PM | #14
from what i have heard and been told by a few in game people they should be coming a month after ROTH...

sankalp
02.04.2013 , 11:51 PM | #15
so that is around 18 months after launch right?

I would say its as expected. After all you would not let a new 50 come to TFB HM with you as they are derp

OwenBrooks
02.05.2013 , 12:58 AM | #16
The indicated time frame is after transfers enabled to the PTS Q1/Q2 , and other servers is likely in Q3/Q4 this year.

They will not give a time frame any more concise as they do not know.

Edit - There is a big difference of doing a one off bulk manual transfer to having an ability for automated 24/7 transfers.

Extract from state of the game #2

Topic #3: Character Copy to Public Test Server (PTS) What is taking so long? Answer: As of the writing of this letter, we are in focused, internal testing on character copies for PTS. You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. It will provide free character copies to PTS at any time (with possible restrictions dependent upon our testing needs at any given time). This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.

chaseer
02.05.2013 , 07:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
The indicated time frame is after transfers enabled to the PTS Q1/Q2 , and other servers is likely in Q3/Q4 this year.

They will not give a time frame any more concise as they do not know.

Edit - There is a big difference of doing a one off bulk manual transfer to having an ability for automated 24/7 transfers.

Extract from state of the game #2

Topic #3: Character Copy to Public Test Server (PTS) What is taking so long? Answer: As of the writing of this letter, we are in focused, internal testing on character copies for PTS. You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. It will provide free character copies to PTS at any time (with possible restrictions dependent upon our testing needs at any given time). This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.
why internal testing for character copies to the PTS they can allready do that. as far as character transfers coming in q3/q4 that time frame will make them unneeded as most of us forced to re-roll on new servers will allready have our NEW characters min/maxed by then so what they need to do is get the service up and running now before its too late also they dont have to be 24/7 they can open up transfers now give us a time frame to move our characters to a server of OUR CHOOSING NOT THEIRS pretty sure that right there will be enough to put an end to these threads popping up every other day

chaseer
02.05.2013 , 11:00 PM | #18
Hello Bio-ware anyone working today still awaiting your response

tanktest
02.05.2013 , 11:48 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by chaseer View Post
Thanks for the same BS we've been asking for this service for over a year now. You forced transferd us twice allready the system is there all you have to do is open them up so we can put our toons where we want them and not one of your choosing if need to know how to do this have someone put a call into BLIZZARD and see if you can copy theirs.

OR Riift or EQ etc

Rift had there s up in like three month after the game went live , are free and still are free with a once a week transfer limit pre toon not account ...

and EQ 1 its been years has all ways had them that I remember ...SO Yea its becoming BS for some stuff

JUST DID IT , and don't make the excuse it's to hard, if it is really that hard then fires the DEV who keep saying its to hard and get some in who want to make the IMPOSSABLE work ,,,plan and simple ..

tanktest
02.06.2013 , 12:03 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueIndigo View Post
Transfers will not become available in this game until no one cares anymore. Many of us are at that point now, just biding our time until Elder scrolls Online or some other MMO comes out from a company that's actually as good at systems design as we THOUGHT Bioware was. Ah we'll, live and learn. Who would have predicted they'd fail at something as simple as character transfers, which are pretty much standard in all other MMOs?
Cant wait that looks so awesome ,, I'm so feed up with CS in this game ,,, I'm to the point of just giving up all to gather ,,, EA CS blows and this is the first ever EA game I have played and my last only reason I stay now is I like the while SW idea as a game that keeps me Playing .. as for EA CS its the worse I've seen any game I have ever played ...