Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will the server transfer service open back up?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
When will the server transfer service open back up?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vgyer
11.28.2012 , 09:34 PM | #1
when i started playing swtor at launch as a DDE buyer,i chose a server before my guild started playing swtor.I also since then have my main toon and legacy now on prophecy of the five(after consolidation) and my guild is on shadowlands.was wondering how much longer it'll be until EA/bioware wants my money(ie opens up the service)so i can play with my guild.until then im not paying or playing as swtors f2p matrix is stupid.
Whining; It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together.

avimeso
11.29.2012 , 02:38 AM | #2
bioware: soon...

me: how long is soon? months? years?

bioware: We have no time frame but soon.

Bronholz
11.29.2012 , 06:25 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Vgyer,

Thanks for contacting us. As avimeso has put it, unfortunately we don't currently have a time frame for when this service will be available.

Sr. Producer Blaine Christine had this to say in response to a question regarding when transfers would become available:
Quote:
As soon as we possibly can. We know that this is a very important feature that the community wants and we want it too, but due to the effort of launching our new Free-to-Play option, we had to delay this just a bit longer. Sorry I donít have a more concrete date just yet!
We would advise regularly checking www.swtor.com for any updates on this service.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Ė Forum Support

Sevryn
12.03.2012 , 08:17 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings Vgyer,
Thanks for contacting us. As avimeso has put it, unfortunately we don't currently have a time frame for when this service will be available.
Sr. Producer Blaine Christine had this to say in response to a question regarding when transfers would become available:
We would advise regularly checking www.swtor.com for any updates on this service.
I would say the SWTOR Community's patience is wearing thin. This should have been an available service from day one, folks. You want us to stay loyal to the game and continue to pay you money... I suggest you push this up on your development timeline.

And while we're on the subject... more planets and races (as in 'plural') would be nice, too. Perhaps a new class to play?
Keep it interesting. Only way this game will survive.
Sevryn Blakk - StarSider; Chi'ana - The Shadowlands - XFOR; Tzev'rin / John'Aeryn / Morrganna / Alondria - The Ebon Hawk - Republic, The Thirteenth Legion; Gothiqa / Sanguina / Nee'kolai / Bathori - The Ebon Hawk - Empire, Vindicta

_OttoMatic_
12.24.2012 , 02:08 AM | #5
Can we please get more info on this, I would be so happy to be able to transfer all my toons under one legacy name. I understand that you might not have the manning to do this at a reasonable pace but I would wait a week at this point to get one of my light side toons over to my main server or be able to move all my players to a PVP server.

Aarchaelen
01.12.2013 , 05:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings Vgyer,

This honestly is a cop-out. Due to the server transfers with the server consolidation last summer taking place, the mechanic is already available. So what is the delay in making this a full fledged feature of the game for subscribers or via the cartel market.

I have multiple characters on the Jung Ma server from when I played last spring and early summer. after joining a gaming community through another game I learned that they also played SWTOR. I was looking forward to playing with them until I realized that the server transfer feature launched more than 6 months ago was no longer in service.

Reactivate Server transfers now, ESPECIALLY so that old players coming back to the game can use their previous characters on other servers prior to the merge on the servers they want to be on with others with whom they want to play.

Bodums
01.12.2013 , 07:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aarchaelen View Post
Reactivate Server transfers now, ESPECIALLY so that old players coming back to the game can use their previous servers prior to the merge on the servers they want to be on with others with whom they want to play.
So much agreed with this palyer. I started at the launch but at that time it was too bugged and no offence all have to start somewhere. Now im back and really happy to see what a couple of month could do to a game, but i was also away in the short transfer periode. Now im on a new server and miss my 50 sentinal that totally useless waste of time, on another server...
Plz make a option for the old comeback subber, i now its hard work with free to play but what about them that pay you mounthly salary so you can feed your kidds. do we just have to wait until the free slackers have what they want ?!

Plz make a option NOW

godshands
01.12.2013 , 11:38 PM | #8
God forbid Bioware that we would want off servers that could be seen as false advertizing. Jung Ma RP-PvP..........bah. There is little PVP going on here. Those of us that were looking for a good pvp experience had to move and are now without our toons we paid for a year.

WastedLight
02.04.2013 , 11:48 AM | #9
LAME LAME LAME. Let us transfer. Stop being jerks. Or at least help those of us out by one offing transfers until your marketing team gets it's crap together about how to sell it to us. We all know the real work has already been done.

Feztonio
02.04.2013 , 04:12 PM | #10
here's a solution: put it in cartel market; the market is from all appearances the first, last and only focus of EA/Bioware and it's the only content and features we've seen in ages out of Bioware (definitely since F2P) and the only thing that seems to be put out for us now-a-days anyways.

there problem solved. you guys can make money through the stupid store and we can buy transfers. you're welcome and yes I am available for employment as CEO or at least senior VP in charge of making important decisions
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic