Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 50 player in 1-49 PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Level 50 player in 1-49 PvP?

Morrow
11.28.2012 , 08:51 PM | #1
This is the first instance I've seen of this happening. To my knowledge, which may be lacking, there is no XP awarded during a PvP match which would subsequently eliminate the possibility that the player leveled during the match. Moreover, I encountered this person nearly immediately after the match started. I was unable to inspect the player, but they were running around with approximately 17k HP.

Anyone have any thoughts? I've submitted a ticket and took multiple screenshots which I will post if necessary.

Didy_Kush
11.28.2012 , 08:55 PM | #2
Had full warhero in Legacy Gear did the pvp daily left it pending got close to leveling to 50 (5k exp off) went into a wz accepted the quest got the exp hit 50 chucked on the Legacy gear

Morrow
11.28.2012 , 08:58 PM | #3
Hey, thats pretty lame! Thanks.

Zunayson
11.28.2012 , 09:33 PM | #4
trolololololol I totally want to do that.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Boyana
11.28.2012 , 11:38 PM | #5
I once leveled in a Warzone. It was Novare Coast. While I was being attacked on east by two players, somewhere around 15% of my HP I leveled up which instantly healed me to 100%! I think I got some codex entry, I am really not sure. Since I was playing my Mercenery healer, I remember first second I got confused that my heal could crit that much !

Swanea
11.29.2012 , 05:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Morrow View Post
This is the first instance I've seen of this happening. To my knowledge, which may be lacking, there is no XP awarded during a PvP match which would subsequently eliminate the possibility that the player leveled during the match. Moreover, I encountered this person nearly immediately after the match started. I was unable to inspect the player, but they were running around with approximately 17k HP.

Anyone have any thoughts? I've submitted a ticket and took multiple screenshots which I will post if necessary.
As the second person said, you can use a quest, or complete an objective for the first time to unlock a CodeX entry. I dinged planting the bomb on my jugg.
Swanea Stormrider

WAR - WoW - LotRO - SWG
Internecion - Apex - FotR - EE/BoT/SWoT

abhaxus
11.29.2012 , 04:37 PM | #7
Saw a player do this the other day. Accepted pvp daily before wz start, equipped armor, MH and OH as an op. full 61s. Was pretty hilarious watching him 2 shot everything from stealth. Hidden strike then backstab, everyone went down super fast. I felt bad for the guy, DPS op will never have it that good in 50 bracket

SteelsBrighter
11.29.2012 , 04:53 PM | #8
I think I know exactly who this person was.
Server: Previously Darth Bandon, Xferred to The Shadowlands
Allegiance: Imperial

Redsnow Legacy: Steelus - Juggernaut \ Ephyris - Sorceror

Malkavier
11.29.2012 , 05:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by abhaxus View Post
Saw a player do this the other day. Accepted pvp daily before wz start, equipped armor, MH and OH as an op. full 61s. Was pretty hilarious watching him 2 shot everything from stealth. Hidden strike then backstab, everyone went down super fast. I felt bad for the guy, DPS op will never have it that good in 50 bracket
They used to. But after the great Operative Nerfs of 2012, it was never the same for them again.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

vimm
11.29.2012 , 05:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SteelsBrighter View Post
I think I know exactly who this person was.
Interesting.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative