Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

DarthMaulUK
11.29.2012 , 02:31 AM | #21
If you want to punish quitters, then bring in the same kind of treatments for those who -

a) enter pvp in pve gear
b) fail to call inc
c) fail to pass the ball in huttball
d) brainless folk

These are the main reasons why I quit a wz as I refuse outright to play with people who haven't a clue what they are doing and by lvl 50, there simply is NO excuses not understand how to play the game.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

End-of-Eternity
11.29.2012 , 02:38 AM | #22
No punishment. People play and pay to have fun and they should have right to leave when they are not having fun or they have been insulted. If you make people stay you will see more players who play for your opponenet so wz could end faster or they are spamming insults in your chat or gather medals as 3th and 4th guard at your turret.

This and many other things are symptoms from disease that is killing lv 50 PVP. Its imbalance.

rasmeels
11.29.2012 , 03:52 AM | #23
I just TOR and have not participated in pvp yet, but im looking forward to it, my last 3 years in SWG i only logged on to pvp and i enjoyed it until the time when the servers went almost empty.

Now ive lurked in the forums for a bit and im a bit confused, are people really up in arms against people who group up and communicate togheter? Isn't that kind of the best part of pvp, to fight in an organised group where every member knows their role and all of the people work towards achieving clearly defined goals?

Some poster said that the game needs to be fun, but in my opinion fun has many layers to it, the most fun that i have ever had in pvp is when the eventual victory has come with alot of organising, planning, team building and effective leadership.

The impression i get reading these forums about pvp in this game, is that most people want a more quicker, easier and shallower pvp, which in itself is not wrong, its totally fine to get your quick fix by just jumping in and out with people you don't know and maybe will not see ever again, but that kind of pvp is not for me.

Putting in effort to do something better should be rewarded, it pushes others to become better aswell, so in my mind disorganised group losing to organised groups should be the norm and its the first time i have ever seen an argument about something like this.

Or maybe im getting the wrong impression, since like i said i just started with this game and havent had the chance to check out the pvp firsthand.

Arlanon
11.29.2012 , 03:57 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by rasmeels
Now ive lurked in the forums for a bit and im a bit confused, are people really up in arms against people who group up and communicate togheter? Isn't that kind of the best part of pvp, to fight in an organised group where every member knows their role and all of the people work towards achieving clearly defined goals?
Sadly, this is the case. The catch phrase for this is "coddling". Make sure you use that word as often as possible!

Some poster said that the game needs to be fun, but in my opinion fun has many layers to it, the most fun that i have ever had in pvp is when the eventual victory has come with alot of organising, planning, team building and effective leadership.
If you had made a brand new thread for this paragraph, it would get a dozen replies, tops.

The impression i get reading these forums about pvp in this game, is that most people want a more quicker, easier and shallower pvp, which in itself is not wrong, its totally fine to get your quick fix by just jumping in and out with people you don't know and maybe will not see ever again, but that kind of pvp is not for me.
It doesn't matter what you want. It matters what they want. There is no negotiation! This is war! Here is the time for temper tantrums!

Putting in effort to do something better should be rewarded, it pushes others to become better aswell, so in my mind disorganised group losing to organised groups should be the norm and its the first time i have ever seen an argument about something like this.
It's not about becoming better. It is about making the other teams worse so the coddlers look good by comparison.

Or maybe im getting the wrong impression, since like i said i just started with this game and havent had the chance to check out the pvp firsthand.
It's actually the most fun and balanced PvP in an MMO that I've played in a long time. And I've been playing them for 12 years, and text-based MUD before that.

rawfox
11.29.2012 , 04:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
it's poor sportsmanship.
this ^^

Arlanon
11.29.2012 , 04:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by rawfox View Post
this ^^
Is it poor sportsmanship to join a premade, or poor sportsmanship to cry about losing to one?

I CBA to read this drivel.

SpoeMeister
11.29.2012 , 04:55 AM | #27
Why not add in a system like with /stuck, when you receive a damage penalty to your gear.

Let the quitters take a serious amount of damage to their gear when they quit (35-40%) so that they have to pay lots of creds to repair it or something?
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

dufox
11.29.2012 , 05:03 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
Everyone knows that premades are ruining WZs. But there is another problem that is equal to this. Rage quitters are ruining WZs! Today on PO5, (and this happens often), it was a tie 6 minutes into the Alderaan Civil War WZ. It was competitive, each faction had one base capped and we fought for 6 minutes over the mid node. Eventually the Imps capped it and guess what? IMMEDIATELY, a Pub players says 'gg' and leaves. Within 30 seconds, 3 others leave and it went from competitive to a quick slaughter and a waste of my freakin time.

WHAT THE FORK?! Are you kidding me?!

It's one thing to get stuck against premade Imps all the time that slaughter us in 2 seconds, it's another to play with people who are so jaded that they immediately quit a good game the second it's in the Imps favor!

BW needs to fix this crap.

1) handle the premades. Cross server WZ's, take away group Queing for regular WZ's, or put a maximum gear cap on regular WZ's. whatever, just do something.

2) punish these quitters! 15 min deserter debuff sounds good to me. or massive credit hits.

Take care of both BW! Your current system is horse crap.

literally this entire post is incorrect.

im not gonna bother with your crap about the premades...
what do u think will happen when you start punishing people for rage quitting? ill tell u... they will stop rage quitting... then they will sit at your objective point and "defend".

so i ask you... which is worse, someone who rage quits? or someone who gives up and still holds a spot on your team?
ill go on record saying EVERY player that rage quits a WZ is a noob and your team is better off without them.
most of the games where iv seen several people rage quit have been wins because the people who stay know how to turn the fight around and the people who join are willing to actually PVP.

to the rest of the people who "defend" when they decide to give up... you are just as bad as the rage quitter, if not worse.
i dont need a sig, im famous *****

rawfox
11.29.2012 , 05:18 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Is it poor sportsmanship to join a premade, or poor sportsmanship to cry about losing to one?

I CBA to read this drivel.
People have to practise teamplay anywhere, doing it in the ranked warzones leaves not mutch room to practise and ruins the stats.
Yeah, why are valor90 EWH premades in the pug zones, idk, thats above me, but thats the WZ i wish i could just cancel but never did. Nevertheless, if you cannot win the game, then you may eventually win the fight. A lot to learn out of that, even if it tends to be frustrating, but still ...

It still is poor sportmanship to ragequit over a better opponent team.

BoDiE
11.29.2012 , 05:25 AM | #30
I don't rage quit. I quit warzones when it is simply pointless to carry on. There should be no penalty for quitters simple as.
The whole concept of warzones is crap and adds to poor pvp in all mmos. Open world pvp is the alpha and omega and shows who the real talented pvpers are. BW need to implement swg style rewards for open world pvp rather than pandering to noobs who truly think wz are the way forward.

Yes it's great to be in a guild roflstomping pugs but I guarantee they wouldn't know the first thing about open world pvp.
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.