Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Erethrian
11.29.2012 , 03:04 AM | #81
Hmmm, give me a way to shoot Proton torpedoes just when I want to do it (even if can't be done against small ships, etc) so I can take control of the situation. Maybe Right clic= Missile / Ctrl+Right Click= Proton Torpedo, that'd do for me.

Goretzu
11.29.2012 , 03:25 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by HeadyBoy View Post
I can see this getting some hate but.. I actually cannot wait until they're released.
Well if they are better versions of what we've got they will be better.

However Star Wars Fox can never compare to the likes of Jump to Lightspeed or any of the myriad of other Star Wars free flight space games.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

CrazyOldMystic
11.29.2012 , 03:36 AM | #83
The only people who will be happy with this are those that enjoy a small mini game, well thats perfect bioware if you want swtor to remain small, and some years latter to be remembered as the worse star wars failure in history. Swg had its problems and its bad history. This being said its failure is becoming a small foot note compared to swtors. As the majority have already said we are not happy with the way space is.

For the love of mercy you have star wars space fanatics all over the place, if your not sure how to implement it into the game THEN ASK?! The rail system MUST be removed, if swtor is to go from common to uncommon . Consider this if your aims are about money, then you must look at the long term goal.

I am well aware of the facts that companies are price fixing everything these days, also that they only see short term, and they dont like to spend the money field a good product. If you ever want a return, and want that gigantic star wars fan base, then you better start considering the words sandbox, and jump to light speed.

Goretzu
11.29.2012 , 03:42 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by RageFury View Post
Wow, a lot of childish whiners in here, most of which seem to have no clue about how development of an MMORPG works. You can't just assign all devs to work on something. *rolls eyes*
You could assign them to NOT work on something though.

Making more Star Wars Fox isn't really a step forward for the game, what we have isn't even a great version OF Star Fox - although new inside missions will help that a bit it's still lacking planet combat, thrusters, AI wingmen and bosses at the very least to make it as fun as Star Fox [1993]............ never mind co-op/multiplayer which Star Fox has had since SF64 in 1997.

If they want to make Star Wars Fox then they still need to INNOVATE to make it better.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Arhdyavol
11.29.2012 , 03:58 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by RageFury View Post
Wow, a lot of childish whiners in here, most of which seem to have no clue about how development of an MMORPG works. You can't just assign all devs to work on something. *rolls eyes*
I second this. I'm looking forward to trying out the new missions. Thanks, BW!

JarekCyphus
11.29.2012 , 05:28 AM | #86
I'm amused that BioWare is still calling you a "pilot" for participating in a rail shooter. You're a mouse jockey. Give us something REAL to pilot, or has it already been too long to remember what X-wing vs. TIE Fighter gave us?
_____HAGALAZ KAHN_____________________________
MANDALORIAN COMMANDO
___________________________STAR WARS_________

Cbaoth
11.29.2012 , 05:29 AM | #87
This is soooo cool..really love these missions that dont look the same and are not all boring to do..!!!
Now..give us real space game.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

Cbaoth
11.29.2012 , 05:32 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
You could assign them to NOT work on something though
Lol..I believe this is what they call a touche in france..
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

wiltzy
11.29.2012 , 05:37 AM | #89
Can you give us some type of space in this game. Rail systems like Tor has are not space. For those of us who have played SWG (the better Predecessor of Tor) there is no space in Tor.

MatsuGenjuro
11.29.2012 , 05:54 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by HeadyBoy View Post
I can see this getting some hate but.. I actually cannot wait until they're released.
me too..
i like a lot space missions..