Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LingormR
11.28.2012 , 06:13 PM | #31
I'm Pro Heroic Space Combat coming soon but as stated in the article, sounds miss leading:
Quote:
Many spacers enjoy the serenity of the stars, the peace of floating through the Unknown Regions, wondering if they’re seeing events and phenomena never before witnessed by intelligent life.
Funny, this sounds more of an open-space zone. Why are they giving us more rail-shooters?

However I still can't wait for these new missions!
His guns do all the talking, his target talks back in death.
"He aims for the money, his gun does the rest." -The Mercenary
"He doesn't use, 'The Force.' He uses, force. He is the Most Interesting Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy." -Robot Chicken

RageFury
11.28.2012 , 06:15 PM | #32
Wow, a lot of childish whiners in here, most of which seem to have no clue about how development of an MMORPG works. You can't just assign all devs to work on something. *rolls eyes*
Something Dark Side

Skyrison
11.28.2012 , 06:15 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Still with the rails. What on earth is the point of these things? Something else to do to grind comms when companions break or your class is nerfed to death for pvp.
The point of them is to keep the players occupied and have fun while they are working on the space expansion which is the space project.

DUH!
Legacy of the Eternal

Mathias_Varr
11.28.2012 , 06:16 PM | #34
Here's your Super Secret Space Project everyone! /troll

MicE_sk
11.28.2012 , 06:22 PM | #35
I guess that I'm one of the few people here that actually loves space missions, so I'm very happy to see new developments in this area. I'd love to see more expanded game mechanics there too (e.g. free flight or multi-person missions - with allies or direct PvP), but I'm happy to see new on-rails missions too. Sure, it's an arcade, but it's a good one.

However the thing that I find most confusing is that they are called "Heroic" missions. Since there is no mention of these being 2-4 person missions, wouldn't it be better to call them Hard Mode missions? (Or something in that fashion?)

Also, there are a few outstanding issues with space missions, some of which can be very easily fixed (well, I can only assume, but I'm still fairly certain about that...). I created tickets for some them back in February 2012, but I didn't see any mention of them being addressed.

If you can, please support/discuss ideas in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=562165

Please discuss them here, in the original thread or create a new threat for them, if you wish. My only hope is to get mods' attention to those problems, as I'm concerned that if these are not actioned within the space-focused 1.6 patch, we'll wait another year for them to get fixed.

Thanks,
M.
EU: Chundaar => Tomb of Freedon Nadd

metalgearyoda
11.28.2012 , 07:01 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions blog in this thread!
You don't know what real space combat is.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

DkSharktooth
11.28.2012 , 07:03 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions blog in this thread!
Any plans on group space missions or space pvp?

metalgearyoda
11.28.2012 , 07:04 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Any plans on group space missions or space pvp?
If there was they would have said so.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Stenrik
11.28.2012 , 07:10 PM | #39
I do actually enjoy space missions, not repetitively but I like them on occasion.

However, the current ones are WAY too easy, even with sub-optimal level/gear. Hope these new ones give me a run for my money.

And yeah, I know this is just to give us something to chew on while waiting for the SSSP, but... I'll take it.

LUCASCASADEIS
11.28.2012 , 07:13 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
fail Bioware just Fail, REALLY!!

this space combat is just FAIL in SWTOR, at the release we thought that we are going to fly a ship but nope, the normal ship is just click +choose planet then get out, Space combat is more like 70-90 games, while we are in 21 century, freaking lame.
this is how a real space combat should look like
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/
this is just a mini game, they are working on the SSSP