Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vego_Mohenjo
12.03.2012 , 07:07 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Tzarakiel View Post
I just want to be able to remap the keys. The current controls scheme doesn't suit me.
What controls? You mouse around the screen and press two buttons, both on the mouse...
Oh, of course, there's the space bar, which does an ineffectual loop...

Red-Dwarf
12.04.2012 , 01:20 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Vego_Mohenjo View Post
What controls? You mouse around the screen and press two buttons, both on the mouse...
Oh, of course, there's the space bar, which does an ineffectual loop...
If those are the only controls you use these missions will be very tough for you. For normal missions you can get away without needing the up/down/left/right movements, for heroic you need to avoid more shots.

Red-Dwarf
12.04.2012 , 01:26 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by _tegrof View Post
While I enjoy the space missions from time to time and wouldn't mind a few more.....please for the love of all that is Jawa.........tell me they are not the same bloody maps only harder.

If this is the case, I will be, once again, sorely disappointed in the decisions made around this game.
While they do take place in the same basic environments the goals and routes started from scratch, so you will find mines which are protected by invincible shields where you must take down the generator first, frigates you have to completely destroy (not just the turrets, the whole ship blows up) and as said in the blog some hard points which now need two torpedoes so you need to decide where your bombing runs will be.

I just hope they can fix the non Jedi ships as so far out of four ships tested only defenders work properly

Blarpped
12.04.2012 , 01:29 AM | #174
I can't wait to do more single player rail shooter missions in my MMO today, said no one ever.

Cirinia
12.04.2012 , 05:12 AM | #175
More space missions and tougher ones, great

P.S. Can we have something more than just shooting? For example smuggling type mission where main objective is to survive blockade to deliver goods?

RaithHarth
12.04.2012 , 01:07 PM | #176
We could really use some space pvp content right about now, the railing system wouldn't work well if that was put into motion, wouldn't it need to be re-modeled so we could have more control of our star ships?

Sure the railing system works for single player pve, but what about multiplayer pve or pvp? that's another story!
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

Vego_Mohenjo
12.04.2012 , 09:25 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Red-Dwarf View Post
If those are the only controls you use these missions will be very tough for you. For normal missions you can get away without needing the up/down/left/right movements, for heroic you need to avoid more shots.
I must be missing something. If I move my mouse pointer, my ship moves too...

Red-Dwarf
12.05.2012 , 01:27 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Vego_Mohenjo View Post
I must be missing something. If I move my mouse pointer, my ship moves too...
Correct, however you need to point the mouse at what you want to kill, and as many things now take quite a few shots to kill while you are shooting at it they will get their guns lined up on you. Unless you are using the wasd keys to keep moving while shooting you will take a lot of damage and I would be surprised if your ship can survive.

You might just make it through Hypori, which seems the easiest, but good luck on Baros, shooting at ten ships all shooting back at you with you chasing them is bad enough with moving around.

Lexmortis
12.05.2012 , 08:30 AM | #179
Truth be told, I really enjoy the space missions.
They were a bit challenging at first but after doing each one dozens of times, now I can run them while also watching something on another monitor. For the time spent they are about the fastest lvl appropriate way to make money and xp and while I do wish that there were more options for some space commendations (and I wish some stuff was cheaper since 2000 commendations is 20+ days of space missions for 1 item is retarded).

I'm looking forward to new space missions and potentially greater rewards.