Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion gear bug fixed?

fatoldguy
11.28.2012 , 02:52 PM | #1
Is it fixed? I'm at work so cannot check.
RIP Orange pixel

50 Sage, 50 Sentinel, 50 Commando, 50 Juggernaut, 50 Shadow.

Malkavier
11.28.2012 , 02:53 PM | #2
Yes, it was fixed.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

fatoldguy
11.28.2012 , 02:54 PM | #3
Yay thanks for the info, that bug was a huge pita.
RIP Orange pixel

50 Sage, 50 Sentinel, 50 Commando, 50 Juggernaut, 50 Shadow.

Andryah
11.28.2012 , 03:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by fatoldguy View Post
that bug was a huge pita.
Well, I grant that it was annoying, but quickly fixed (as usual, they hop on stuff like this quick to fix it).

NOW, what would REALLY be a huge pita is if your companion randomly switched sides in a battle and ganked your sorry keester just so they could laugh at your corpse and do a twinkle toes dance on your face as you take a dirt nap.... and Bioware was unable to find/fix the bug for 3 weeks. I can just imagine Khem doing this...LOL.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

SWGEvictee
11.28.2012 , 03:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Well, I grant that it was annoying, but quickly fixed (as usual, they hop on stuff like this quick to fix it).

NOW, what would REALLY be a huge pita is if your companion randomly switched sides in a battle and ganked your sorry keester just so they could laugh at your corpse and do a twinkle toes dance on your face as you take a dirt nap.... and Bioware was unable to find/fix the bug for 3 weeks. I can just imagine Khem doing this...LOL.
That's funny right there! I don't care who you are!

Delinth
11.28.2012 , 03:18 PM | #6
Interestingly enough, something similar to this happened to me in the original EverQuest waaaaay back in the day. I was playing a Mage and my good friend was playing an Enchanter. We were dueling to pass the time and he had the bright idea to Charm my earth elemental. It of course did not work. It did however apply the ability to the pet. When it wore off, the elemental completely broke free of player control and went berserk on anyone who went near it. It killed 3 Rogues, 2 Bards, 4 Warriors, a Druid, a Shaman, 6 Necromancers, and a Cleric before a high level finally put it down.

Morale of the story: This isn't that far fetched.

Pulpp
11.28.2012 , 03:50 PM | #7
I am not sure how a full day = quick in your head, but whatever. Since the bug was immediately obvious (which speaks to the lack of proper Q&A procedure at EAWare) and pretty much game breaking, the proper way to address it would have been rolling back the patch. But since even that rather simple technique seems absent, we get what we've always gotten -- if the patch breaks stuff, hope EAware fixes it later.

Btw - I hope you at least get paid in cartel coins or something, with all the apologizing you do on EAware's behalf.
--
Entitled whiners don't understand the new F2P model purposefully offers a stripped down version of the game to entice people to subscribe, because polls showed people were not willing to subscribe to the full version of the game (wait...what?!).