Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.6 why give it away Devs Please read

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.6 why give it away Devs Please read

TheronFett
11.28.2012 , 06:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
I take it you weren't here for Illum in its prime.... valor handed out like candy these days, LOL.
Been here since beta. Yes, I remember the Ilum debacle. However, I was one of the players with scruples who didn't participate in the exploiting and win trading. I actually worked for my Battlemaster gear, I didn't have it handed to me in a day.

Kilikaa
11.28.2012 , 06:17 PM | #22
Oh, sure, increase expertise. What a brilliant idea. We need LESS expertise, not more. The developers are trying to minimize the gear gap and you want to make it wider. Are you afraid some new level 50 is going to smash your brains into oblivion?

Seengularity
11.28.2012 , 06:22 PM | #23
The OP is nuts. I don't care for hand outs. I for one, DO think they should have increased the valor cap to 150 or w/e (Just for the title) a long time ago. I got valor 100 in June 2012 and I'm very damn near 100k player kills, I would for sure be among the highest legitimately obtained valor players across all servers (Not that this would mean I'm any good; but defly means I ain't no slouch). These days, valor doesn't mean much and that feels wrong; valor tells the story of ~ how many war zones you have been in, and win or lose, the experience gained in those WZs has no price (Like hours flown to a pilot).

Everyone and their fams is valor 100 now.... and I was forced to stop at 100? why?!

Doomsdaycomes
11.28.2012 , 08:55 PM | #24
1.6, best patch to hit pvp (unless they nerf the crap out of mercs/ops again or something.)

Even as one of the big bad premading WH Overpowered Healers, I support removing the gear gap.

filipesantana
11.28.2012 , 09:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBeelzebub View Post
Devs its time that u give something to those of us that have put in the time to get are Warhero titles and above and have taken the time to get the gear. The last few times now we have got nothing in return.
You keep giveing the gear away to all the cry babies becasue they dont want to put the time in, its not fair to those of us that have put the time and effort in to get the tittles and the gear.

So how aboutt his give to us those with the War Hero title and above a expertise and stat boost (3-5%) and give it to us each time till we get Valor 100 that would be 4 boost's in all with valor 100 being the biggest boost. And make it worth while. You all know the time it takes to get valor 100 so reward those that have taken the time to get it.
YEs lets keep rewarding TIME isntead of skill so we can keep seeing clueless keyboard turner and clicckers walking around in Warlord tittles and full WH because they still arent of legal age to work and have a job therefore have alot of free time...

NO, GIVE US RATING REQUIREMENTS ON GEAR...so people actually play rateds..and so we can SEPARATE skilled for unskilled..God bless good old times in TBC when getting your shoulders and weapon before everyone else was actualy a sign of skilled play and a good epeen boost..

Requests like this only illustrate how bad swtor pvp comunity is..EVERYTHING is asked towards Casual, wellfare and nonsense...NOTHING is aimed at being competitive and raising the bar......."NO CROSS SERVERS WE WANT A COMUNITY" "NO RATING REQUIREMENTS..WE WANT FREE GEAR"..pff

Sappharan
11.28.2012 , 11:29 PM | #26
Devs its time that u give something to those of us that have put in the time to get are Warhero titles and above and have taken the time to get the gear. The last few times now we have got nothing in return.
You keep giveing the gear away to all the cry babies becasue they dont want to put the time in, its not fair to those of us that have put the time and effort in to get the tittles and the gear.

So how aboutt his give to us those with the War Hero title and above a expertise and stat boost (3-5%) and give it to us each time till we get Valor 100 that would be 4 boost's in all with valor 100 being the biggest boost. And make it worth while. You all know the time it takes to get valor 100 so reward those that have taken the time to get it.
They're trying to close the gear gap and you're asking them to open the chasm just a little further? Mind you, I have almost 90 valor and am full war hero. I want a tighter gear gap (less of one) because it will mean better competition and more satisfying victories.

A boost for 100 valor? Personally, I want to know what I can do in a warzone because of my ability, not my gear. With respect, I think just having 100 valor is its own reward and the title is bonus. Bioware is trying to enfranchise the players by marginalizing the different tiers of gear. It's a good move.

Katsuragisama
11.29.2012 , 04:10 AM | #27
He's a quote from an Operative healing guide I read last night:

Quote: Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
The more you read and learn, the less your adversary will know.
As someone else said, that is your reward. You should know by now how to counter everything, atleast for your main class.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

rawfox
11.29.2012 , 04:17 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Labradoraki View Post
aka im a no lifer and the only thing i can say i achieved is getting full warhero gear because everyone knows getting warhero requires skill and not time, and a complete idiot wouldnt be able to achieve such a hard skillful task.

lol the irony in those posts is huge XD, they are so blin to their own selves
i dont post critical things anymore, it ends always in infractions ^^
good that others are allowed to ^^

Blasphemerr
11.29.2012 , 04:37 AM | #29
I like nearly the entire rated community have been fully min/maxed for a few months now. That said, I really like the changes because new members can participate faster/more effectively, and older members can reroll if they want to. The gear rewards aren't really apart of why I pvp, although I wouldn't pvp without them, I play this game because it's fun and the people in my teamspeak are hilarious.
Something pretentious.

Boyana
11.29.2012 , 08:16 AM | #30

I am so glad I do not work for this game because I would go crazy. People want faster gearing, then they do not want. People want more WZ, they do not want. People want RWZ, they do not want. People want removal of Ilum, they want it back. People do not want gear progression, they do want. People want skill in WZs, they do not want. People want Valor to affect PvP, they do not want. People do not want stuns, then they want. People want more races, then they do not. People want more content, then they do not want. People want Sorcer nerf, then they want buffing. People want Merc nerf, then they want buffing. People want Operative nerf, then they want buffing.People want Marauder buff, they want nerfing. People want Assassin buff, they call for nerfing. People want tank nerfing, then they want it back. They want sword in a box, then they want it out.

DAMN, forums, you scary!!!!