Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.6 why give it away Devs Please read

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.6 why give it away Devs Please read

Simbr
11.28.2012 , 01:38 PM | #11
The experience gained from the PvP is more valuable than the gear itself, plus you will still be able to get better gear and make your character stronger. At least Failware made the WH gear so ugly that most of us have it sitting in our cargo holds waiting to be exchanged!

TheronFett
11.28.2012 , 01:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Taiketo View Post
Your response to Bioware's attempt to fix the gear gap so that fresh 50s aren't scared away from PvP is to make it even worse?
He's skeered because his gear crutch is being yanked out from under him. One of those keyboard warriors who says: "3-5% isn't much of a difference, I could pwn nubs in recruit gear all day long if I wanted to."

News flash: this is an MMO and things change all the time. 6 months from now we'll have Ultimate Supreme Optimus Prime Elite War Hero gear and players will be raging about that. Valor is given away like candy these days, so the title means nothing more than you skipped a few nights of watching Jersey Shore just to PvP. Who cares?

Malkavier
11.28.2012 , 05:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
He's skeered because his gear crutch is being yanked out from under him. One of those keyboard warriors who says: "3-5% isn't much of a difference, I could pwn nubs in recruit gear all day long if I wanted to."

News flash: this is an MMO and things change all the time. 6 months from now we'll have Ultimate Supreme Optimus Prime Elite War Hero gear and players will be raging about that. Valor is given away like candy these days, so the title means nothing more than you skipped a few nights of watching Jersey Shore just to PvP. Who cares?
I take it you weren't here for Illum in its prime.... valor handed out like candy these days, LOL.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

DroidDreamer
11.28.2012 , 05:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Fully min/maxed augmented WH here and I am 100% fine with the changes being made to the gear grind. Having done the majority of the grind on a dead server (which sucked) I feel in no way am I entitled to anything or should feel different now that (and lets face it they will be) handing out WH gear. This change will have only positive effects on PvP. With more and more players achieving BIS for PvP maybe all the crying about class nerfs and premades and gear gaps will finally go away (well maybe not the nerfs but the other two might).
What he said. I did the same grind on the same server and I feel the same way.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

DarthBeelzebub
11.28.2012 , 05:51 PM | #15
You all totally misss the point, I feel that everyone should have to go threw the same grind to get the gear I am in now. No reason why u shouldnt get your tails handed to u over and over like the rest of us did till we got the gear to be able to hang with the big boys.

But you all come from a generation that thinks everything needs to be handed to u on a silver platter and are afraid to work for it! So we get what we get again nothing. PvP is about puting in the work to get the gear just like PVE u have to work for it but, With 1.6 again the cry babies get there way and the Vets who did al the work the hard way get nothing in return.......

sgtpsych
11.28.2012 , 05:57 PM | #16
I like many others have done the grind. Bags, crates , merc comms etc. I do not mind the decrease in the grind. Hopefully this will stimulate the pvp community and generate more competitive matches. I don't care if it took me longer to get my wh gear.
Ghost Infantry Kashar

sgtpsych
11.28.2012 , 06:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBeelzebub View Post
You all totally misss the point, I feel that everyone should have to go threw the same grind to get the gear I am in now. No reason why u shouldnt get your tails handed to u over and over like the rest of us did till we got the gear to be able to hang with the big boys.

But you all come from a generation that thinks everything needs to be handed to u on a silver platter and are afraid to work for it! So we get what we get again nothing. PvP is about puting in the work to get the gear just like PVE u have to work for it but, With 1.6 again the cry babies get there way and the Vets who did al the work the hard way get nothing in return.......
I understand this is the view by many. However I do not consider pvp work. It is a game. This is not 1/5 and being stuck in Fallujah. Those guys are vets. If I thought playing this game was work , I would stop "working." I will agree that current generations do have a sense of entitlement compared to prior generations, but seriously this is a game.
Ghost Infantry Kashar

Larry_Dallas
11.28.2012 , 06:08 PM | #18
My op and sorc are both, more or less, minmaxed and I'm just dandy with shrinking the gear gap. L2P, OP.

Larry_Dallas
11.28.2012 , 06:09 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by sgtpsych View Post
I like many others have done the grind. Bags, crates , merc comms etc. I do not mind the decrease in the grind. Hopefully this will stimulate the pvp community and generate more competitive matches. I don't care if it took me longer to get my wh gear.
This is another thing. Maybe if it only takes a month to min-max, instead of, like 5, we'll see more people willing to tackle ranked.

Kurvv
11.28.2012 , 06:13 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Fully min/maxed augmented WH here and I am 100% fine with the changes being made to the gear grind. Having done the majority of the grind on a dead server (which sucked) I feel in no way am I entitled to anything or should feel different now that (and lets face it they will be) handing out WH gear. This change will have only positive effects on PvP. With more and more players achieving BIS for PvP maybe all the crying about class nerfs and premades and gear gaps will finally go away (well maybe not the nerfs but the other two might).
At least you could queue and play with other imps. There were lots of times when 8 pub pvpers weren't even online and those who were were SOL.
I could care less how easy they make the grind, though I do think it's funny/sad how BW continually caters to the carebears and crybabies.
My preferred method of cc is death