Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.6 why give it away Devs Please read

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.6 why give it away Devs Please read

DarthBeelzebub
11.28.2012 , 12:34 PM | #1
Devs its time that u give something to those of us that have put in the time to get are Warhero titles and above and have taken the time to get the gear. The last few times now we have got nothing in return.
You keep giveing the gear away to all the cry babies becasue they dont want to put the time in, its not fair to those of us that have put the time and effort in to get the tittles and the gear.

So how aboutt his give to us those with the War Hero title and above a expertise and stat boost (3-5%) and give it to us each time till we get Valor 100 that would be 4 boost's in all with valor 100 being the biggest boost. And make it worth while. You all know the time it takes to get valor 100 so reward those that have taken the time to get it.

Lejune
11.28.2012 , 12:41 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBeelzebub View Post
Devs its time that u give something to those of us that have put in the time to get are Warhero titles and above and have taken the time to get the gear. The last few times now we have got nothing in return.
You keep giveing the gear away to all the cry babies becasue they dont want to put the time in, its not fair to those of us that have put the time and effort in to get the tittles and the gear.

So how aboutt his give to us those with the War Hero title and above a expertise and stat boost (3-5%) and give it to us each time till we get Valor 100 that would be 4 boost's in all with valor 100 being the biggest boost. And make it worth while. You all know the time it takes to get valor 100 so reward those that have taken the time to get it.
From Bioware, to this guy.... Ok how about we make your 7k smash hit for 8k....this is for you only because you paid more per month than the rest of the subscribers ...here you go..../wave hands ...... Pewpew away

Crogi
11.28.2012 , 12:41 PM | #3
Surely the title is the reward. It shows you have won or lost a lot of pvp games. If one has that much pvp experience then surely any artificial boost is unnecessary. The advantage, if that is what you want, lies in superior knowledge and tactics.

cycao
11.28.2012 , 12:42 PM | #4
Fully min/maxed augmented WH here and I am 100% fine with the changes being made to the gear grind. Having done the majority of the grind on a dead server (which sucked) I feel in no way am I entitled to anything or should feel different now that (and lets face it they will be) handing out WH gear. This change will have only positive effects on PvP. With more and more players achieving BIS for PvP maybe all the crying about class nerfs and premades and gear gaps will finally go away (well maybe not the nerfs but the other two might).

UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 12:44 PM | #5
No thanks...

could care less about titles or valor...

and I'd rather earn my advantages by further min/maxing, I don't need any hand outs just because I started grinding first.

SgtBranham
11.28.2012 , 12:45 PM | #6
I play to have fun. I got some good gear out of it. I have smashed people for close to 9.5k and they have died in the time it takes to leap/smash/vicious throw. This wasn't fun for anyone. So now they get gear and matches get more competitive. That is its own reward.

Taiketo
11.28.2012 , 01:12 PM | #7
Your response to Bioware's attempt to fix the gear gap so that fresh 50s aren't scared away from PvP is to make it even worse?

DarthOvertone
11.28.2012 , 01:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBeelzebub View Post
As a matter of clarification, all of us Vet grinders still get to keep our titles. Players will still need to earn the Valor to have those, even if they get the gear pretty easily.

And trust me mang, if you are a true PvPer at heart, you will be happy to see the gear gap closed. Fights and matches are going to be a lot more fun now. The potential for good fights will increase, while the grinding nature of WZs decrease. You will notice any grind a lot less because you will be having more fun in the fights themselves.

Now I did say the above with my Tinfoil Hat on and you can hold me to it. If it does not come to be, I will reluctantly delete my Sage.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Joesixxpack
11.28.2012 , 01:35 PM | #9
No thanks.

jgoldsack
11.28.2012 , 01:36 PM | #10
Really what they need to do is simply leave is the old PvP gear. Take away to need to turn in old pieces to get new stuff, and tie the gear to valor rank. All gear requires WZ comms to buy, or in the case of WH and EWH, both RWZ and WZ comms. And give the ability to buy the gear ahead of time, you just can't use it until you get the valor rank.

Recruit: Requires Valor 0
Champion: Requires Valor 40
Battlemaster: Requires Valor 50
War Hero: Requires Valor 60
Elite War Hero: Requires Valor 70

Now you have to tweak all the gear in such a way that the difference between the top and bottom tiers is only about 3% - 4% overall. But keep some real gear progression, and really sets apart those who commit to pvp, as they will have the best gear, as they should.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ycmWN7 <-- link for some free stuff!