Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:46 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Yes, twinks are a common sight on EH. There are several Imperial players who have been 45-49 for a very long time, and they're even starting to run twink premades. Truth is, none of them are any good.
Doesn't matter if they are good or not. People playing against them give up (because some people - particularly those who are not that great, think it IS all about the gear/level. You familiar with that are you?). It's about leaving your team hanging in a tied score in Huttball, etc. Even if you personally don't care (and I can beat most if not all of them) -- other people do. And it's affecting team play. THAT is the issue.

And it isn't just Imps. In fact I learned about it from Pubs doing it .
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Doomsdaycomes
11.28.2012 , 11:47 AM | #32
It always amuses me that people will justify exploits of the system by pointing fingers at better players and saying its their fault.

Personally, I'm not going to waste my time in Pre-50 on gear. I'll have decent enough to do some good, then get my comm capp and get the hell into real PvP (50's).

But I suppose someone's got to find their ninche somewhere...

=P Remember people, those who use the current system don't want competition, those who exploit the current system do! True story bro.

xxdragonragexx
11.28.2012 , 11:52 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
This isn't about gear. It's about people stopping fighting, and camping nodes for medals when they see these groups. It's about people exiting warzones before the games are finished - and costing a win.
This happens more at 50. Everyone will just be at a node in alderaan. In fact, it happens all the time at 50. Almost every warzone. The fact that you are saying this means you do not pvp at 50. You must be a raider instead of a pvper.

You are not here to make the game better. Stop with your excuses. You got owned by someone with a superior gear. You are just here because you're epeen got destroyed.

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:53 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by xxdragonragexx View Post
This happens more at 50. Everyone will just be at a node in alderaan. In fact, it happens all the time at 50. Almost every warzone. The fact that you are saying this means you do not pvp at 50. You must be a raider instead of a pvper.

You are not here to make the game better. Stop with your excuses. You got owned by someone with a superior gear. You are just here because you're epeen got destroyed.
Hahahah you know nothing about me.

keep trying to justify your bad behavior and cowardice tho.

Nuff said.

::edit:: I take that back. Not enough said. I actually appreciate your input (and those who are arguing so vehemently in favor of this exploit) -- illustrates that it is a genuine problem, and not an isolated event. So, please continue to support this exploit!!!!)
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Joesixxpack
11.28.2012 , 11:55 AM | #35
Sounds like a server-specific problem OP if it's an epidemic. On my last two servers it was rare.

While leveling 2 new toons on POT5 since merges I've only seen 3 that I recall, 2 of which were last night, working together in a match.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 11:55 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
That would also help those who got disconnected during a game for whatever reason, their time spent in the WZ would not be totally wasted. Another goodie.
Didn't even think about that... good point.

fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 11:55 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
The difference between sub 50 maxed out and post 50 maxed out is why it's a problem though.

Sub 50:
1. Lower over all skill
2. 95% of sub 50 players ARE NOT working on the best gear available

Post 50:
1. Skill level is higher
2. 95% of post 50 players ARE working on the best gear available
Yes- but people just hitting 50 are going to get rolled- meanwhile, I'm on my 25 sniper- in full greens no less because I'm too lazy to gear- I'm rolling matches, I just had a game where I got 180k damage- second place had 120k. This is the norm, and I'm getting more kills, and no I'm not ignoring objectives to do this. My one mara (yes, I have a 50 sent and a 40 mara) does even better- I had a match where I had 380k damage, 56 kills- second place had 210k and 31 kills... oh, and that's not rage, that's as annihilation.

Point is- the level and gear mean so little- I could never get top spot by that much in greens at level 50- I'd be lucky to get 3 medals.

Ultimately- this thread is complaining about an issue that isn't there- if anything is the problem it's people sub 20 who are coming in with poor ability selection and generally poor resource management because they haven't hit their resource talents yet.

I can roll WZs at level 25- I see zero reason to say there's a problem here. People want to stick with low level pvp because level 50 pvp you are immediately going to be rolled... again and again and again- I can't blame anyone not eager to jump into that.

UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 11:57 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by xxdragonragexx View Post

THIS is the difference... twinks are just sub par players who get gear advantages because they lack skill advantages. My quote from earlier is why it's weak and pathetic.

Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
The difference between sub 50 maxed out and post 50 maxed out is why it's a problem though.

Sub 50:
1. Lower over all skill
2. 95% of sub 50 players ARE NOT working on the best gear available

Post 50:
1. Skill level is higher
2. 95% of post 50 players ARE working on the best gear available

Master_Nate
11.28.2012 , 11:57 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Hahahah you know nothing about me.

keep trying to justify your bad behavior and cowardice tho.

Nuff said.
What implies he is justifying this bad behavior? And what makes you assume he/she is cowardice? He is simply pointing out some of the complaints you are backing up your post with, node camping etc, is present in post 50 PvP as well.

Nothing he/she said indicated they do this behavior themselves. Perhaps you should post your OP on your own server forums before spouting off at the mouth giving others this idea of doing this same thing on all servers. Though your intentions are good, you are doing nothing to help better the problem.

Also, the person who responded to you was rather harsh indeed but two wrongs don't make it right...at least not imo. Good luck to you and your server of "twinkers" though. They should do something to prevent it, yes, but going back and forth in a forum using slander isn't helping anything.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 12:00 PM | #40
I also play on EH- so, I don't see the problem- if these twinks are there, they're not noticeable.