Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
12.04.2012 , 09:41 AM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Umm.... what?

3k HP is 2 attacks at least in pre-50 PVP unless you're another completely twinked out toon. Probably more like 3-4 for lower level toons that don't have their biggest hitters yet. So unless 2-4 extra GCDs per fight doesn't seem like a big deal to you, then you're wrong.
Nope, I'm not 'twinky' (unless you count L38 char twinkie), that extra 3k hp came from people stacking endu over anything else so as stated, it's not a 'biggie'. Didn't say it's nothing.
Like undying rage on marauder. Some can QQ about it all their life, but for skilled player, it's not a biggie. It is noticable, can be annoying, but it's not a biggie.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

CommanderKeeva's Avatar


CommanderKeeva
12.04.2012 , 10:01 AM | #382
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
I have over 400 million credits. I can buy/make any damn gear I want. I don't care about their gear. I care about how they affect MY gameplay by exploiting.
Lies, I've been doing every kind of daily possible, every day at least on two characters. Even so, I only have 84 million and I regularly sell crafted items on the GTN. 400 million is just absurd.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Seena's Avatar


Seena
12.04.2012 , 10:08 AM | #383
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Lies, I've been doing every kind of daily possible, every day at least on two characters. Even so, I only have 84 million and I regularly sell crafted items on the GTN. 400 million is just absurd.

No not lies. But go ahead and make lame accusations. I've sold 3 discontinued speeders in the last month alone, for 25 million each (ty F2P and cartel coins!) I've been selling them since they were discontinued. I have several more, along with many other limited run items. I've been playing since pre-launch and I have 2 accounts in my household. So ya, totally possible to have that many credits. No matter how "absurd" YOU think it is.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.04.2012 , 12:59 PM | #384
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
*rolls eyes again.*

You have provided two links.

One is an article on fixing bugs and exploits, and you claim this is enough to tell Bioware's definiton of an exploit. The article is specifically about bugs and exploits of bugs, and says nothing to the effect of "all exploits are bugs." You have failed to prove this is Bioware's sole definiton of what is an exploit.

You then provided an apology post from Bioware, and miss-stated it's context. The apology was for the GM's actions which broke several of Bioware's standards, and the actions of the players were not against the natural way a pvp server is intended. That link isn't even relevant to the conversation.

So no, I will not argue with a person whom uses their own definitons, backwards logic, and is plainly just stubborn. Now for your amusement, have a link to wikipedia, which has other sources quoted (in case you wanna pull "wikipedia's not a reliable source). Video Game Exploiting.

While I'm sure you'll cling to your "bioware's definition," note the section that covers both greifing using an exploit, and the list of common exploits where you will find "Game Mechanics."






It is likely you will not receive another response from me. Good day sir.
*Puts on fancy smart glasses and peruses comment*

*Still sees no actual proof of staying 49 being an exploit, unintended game design, a bug, an error, a glitch, whatever.*

/drink egg nog

Eggsalicious's Avatar


Eggsalicious
12.04.2012 , 05:01 PM | #385
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
The entire exploit was explained to me by someone preparing to use the exploit in answer to those exploiting. That's how I learned about it.

So no reason to give these people the benefit of the doubt - there is no doubt.
...because your anecdotal evidence is more compelling than everyone else's anecdotal evidence.

~Eggs

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
12.04.2012 , 07:26 PM | #386
Quote: Originally Posted by maestruljedi View Post
Oh my god, griefing in PvP ? Wikipedia definitions ? Quick, call the whaambulance ! This game is totally broken !

Get over yourself, doomsday. All you provided is anecdotal evidence as best.

*snip*
1.ToS.
2. Rebuttal to the "Squashing Bugs and Fixing Exploits."
3. Post Proving Bioware may not (and usually doesn't) acknowledge exploits till fixed.
4. Citing Kaon Under Seige terrian exploit was fixed without acknowledgement.
5. Ilum Exploit article where Bioware flat out said it would not punish all who exploited it, only the worst offenders.
6. External Definitions of Exploits used -by- the industry in general.

Do you even know what anecdotal means?

<.< and I'm not telling you how to play, though judging from your knee-jerk reaction and lack of reading comprehension... me thinks you has a guilty conscience. If -I- wanted to do this, do you think it being an "exploit/abuse" would stop me until Bioware either ruled on the issue (or fixed it)?

I'm still gonna dismiss dead companions and resummon them rather than revive and regen. (don't tell me you think this was an intended feature.)
I'm still gonna pull people with the ball up into our spawn (instant kill btw... falls under safe zone exploits).
If/When Ilum was up, I'd still pull people into the base for an instant kill.
I'm still gonna skip entire rooms of mobs by running through them, then using a field probe (free for subs).

The difference is, if anyone called any of these things an exploit/abuse, I'd agree. These are clearly not intended features (the field respawn is my favorite. Trivializes almost all of my class missions when I don't care about the exp)

I've stated repeatedly this exploit/abuse is pretty much a non-issue for me (and offending Seena at the same time. Sorry :-( ) and the only real reason I continue to post is people being so biased they attack anyone who challenges what they're doing as not quite being on the up-and-up. =P I just happen to have more facts at my disposal, and an open enough mind to say yes, without God (I mean Bioware) coming down and stamping "exploit" on something, no one can be 100% sure what Bioware considers an exploit.

=P But we can be 99%, and I've got plenty of source material to prove it. What have you got... oh ya, that Look-I'm-about-as-mature-as-a-six-year-old-so-don't-tell-me-how-to-play-MY-Game! ... -.- when I never even said you should stop.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.04.2012 , 07:36 PM | #387
i prefer a nice brie with my whine. how about you guys?

Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Seena's Avatar


Seena
12.04.2012 , 07:40 PM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
1.ToS.
2. Rebuttal to the "Squashing Bugs and Fixing Exploits."
3. Post Proving Bioware may not (and usually doesn't) acknowledge exploits till fixed.
4. Citing Kaon Under Seige terrian exploit was fixed without acknowledgement.
5. Ilum Exploit article where Bioware flat out said it would not punish all who exploited it, only the worst offenders.
6. External Definitions of Exploits used -by- the industry in general.

Do you even know what anecdotal means?

<.< and I'm not telling you how to play, though judging from your knee-jerk reaction and lack of reading comprehension... me thinks you has a guilty conscience. If -I- wanted to do this, do you think it being an "exploit/abuse" would stop me until Bioware either ruled on the issue (or fixed it)?

I'm still gonna dismiss dead companions and resummon them rather than revive and regen. (don't tell me you think this was an intended feature.)
I'm still gonna pull people with the ball up into our spawn (instant kill btw... falls under safe zone exploits).
If/When Ilum was up, I'd still pull people into the base for an instant kill.
I'm still gonna skip entire rooms of mobs by running through them, then using a field probe (free for subs).

The difference is, if anyone called any of these things an exploit/abuse, I'd agree. These are clearly not intended features (the field respawn is my favorite. Trivializes almost all of my class missions when I don't care about the exp)

I've stated repeatedly this exploit/abuse is pretty much a non-issue for me (and offending Seena at the same time. Sorry :-( ) and the only real reason I continue to post is people being so biased they attack anyone who challenges what they're doing as not quite being on the up-and-up. =P I just happen to have more facts at my disposal, and an open enough mind to say yes, without God (I mean Bioware) coming down and stamping "exploit" on something, no one can be 100% sure what Bioware considers an exploit.

=P But we can be 99%, and I've got plenty of source material to prove it. What have you got... oh ya, that Look-I'm-about-as-mature-as-a-six-year-old-so-don't-tell-me-how-to-play-MY-Game! ... -.- when I never even said you should stop.
You aren't "offending" me. That would imply you are possessed of power you simply don't have.

I do however have little credit to give to people who feel that since exploits don't affect them personally - they should be dismissed.

Your right, of course. But don't ask me to respect it.

Now, I'll exit this part of the discussion before it gets ugly.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
12.05.2012 , 12:37 AM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
You aren't "offending" me. That would imply you are possessed of power you simply don't have.

I do however have little credit to give to people who feel that since exploits don't affect them personally - they should be dismissed.

Your right, of course. But don't ask me to respect it.

Now, I'll exit this part of the discussion before it gets ugly.
=P of course, and again I respect your right to bring up this issue to the forums (and possibly dev's if they are listening.)

As for exiting the conversation, I'm pretty much done myself. *Rolls eyes at the other posters* If I hear one more post about learn to play and stop crying, I will be convince our public school system (or whatever their country of origion) are a failure and most people graduate without being able to read.

I hope the materials I and others have brought in help if you wish to continue to argue with before mentioned brick walls. =P Whatever the outcome, may BW actual resolve your issue in a timely manner and have a good one.

Beakertanks's Avatar


Beakertanks
12.05.2012 , 01:02 AM | #390
This is a Thread????

Really?

By the way I do this. It is Spectacularly fun. I also have a level 50 in full War Hero gear (augmented etc.) SO I "put my big boy pants on" as well. I feel no Shame. None. I worked long and hard to make my Twink. I spent millions of credits on my twink. And I will proudly play him till I the game ceases to function.

You all need to lighten up.

Seriously.

Like Now.


Generally I find the people who whine about warzones don't know the difference between Tactics and Tacitus. Think a Hot Key is what you use to start the flame thingy on the stove so they can cook their Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And feel that somehow their win loss record in warzones with lightsabers actually provides an accurate reflection of their true self worth.
Generally people aren't half as good at PVP as they think they are. Except me. I'm Better.