Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
12.04.2012 , 03:41 AM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I don't get the problem. I honestly don't get it. The people who do this and leave warzones early literally don't get anything out of it. No money, no exp, no comms, nothing! If anything, they're hurting themselves more than the opposite team, because all they do is waste their own time.

Even if you lose to them, you get more out of the match because you go away with experience and comms. And pre-50 PvP doesn't take that long (compared to 50 PvP anyway) and soon you'll have much more pressing issues to be concerned about.
They don't want Exp or Comms because they are twinks..

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
12.04.2012 , 03:46 AM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
I don't get the problem. I honestly don't get it. The people who do this and leave warzones early literally don't get anything out of it. No money, no exp, no comms, nothing! If anything, they're hurting themselves more than the opposite team, because all they do is waste their own time.

Even if you lose to them, you get more out of the match because you go away with experience and comms. And pre-50 PvP doesn't take that long (compared to 50 PvP anyway) and soon you'll have much more pressing issues to be concerned about.
I tend to agree Keeva that it's not really an issue (for me any way). I've rarely seen them in warzones, it's hard to prove this is what they're doing, and it seems petty. However, it could be classified as a form of griefing (which has no personal gains) and it falls under the abuse of game mechanics.

The main reason this thread has last so long would probably be me arguing with a wall (I mean another poster) on whether or not this is can be defined as an exploit. =P Bioware wasted time on the Kaon Under Seige terrian exploit though...

pixieish's Avatar


pixieish
12.04.2012 , 03:58 AM | #373
You know, after reaching level 50, and going from "credit to the team no matter the level" to "Lol you just have recruit, enjoy watching our stacked team just steamroll you", yeah, I can see why some people would rather just not level up. Besides, if you don't like twinks in your precious under 50 bracket, hurry up and level to 50, and find out that, no, having the occasional marauder smashing your face in really isn't as bad as a whole team of laughing jedi.

HTFU

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
12.04.2012 , 04:12 AM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I tend to agree Keeva that it's not really an issue (for me any way). I've rarely seen them in warzones, it's hard to prove this is what they're doing, and it seems petty. However, it could be classified as a form of griefing (which has no personal gains) and it falls under the abuse of game mechanics.

The main reason this thread has last so long would probably be me arguing with a wall (I mean another poster) on whether or not this is can be defined as an exploit. =P Bioware wasted time on the Kaon Under Seige terrian exploit though...
It's not hard to proove. If person left WZ 200 times in a row, and it is in logs, there is something to it.
I dissagree (again) about being an exploit. Waste of their time, yes. Unfair (or griefieng?) to other people? no. All get bolster, 3k hp is not such a biggie. and between 40 and 49 ppl have most of t heir abilities, and person unfamiliar with competition on 50 wz (and staying on L 49 with twinked gear cause he sucks and this is only way he can 1vs anyone) will get owned by L 40 veteran ( or a L30 veteran in blues too)., so for fresh chars and newbies, twink 49 is pain in the A, but not biggest threat any way.

Kaon is bad example, it was clear exploit (and actually hard to prove, unless team mates were sending screenshots of thier own team doing kaon faster), since you did gain that fight using terrain bug being untouchable to mobs. L 49 twinked char is not untouchable in WZ, nor gaining anything easy way (nor getting anything at all).

Think we have 3 kind of people here.
1.thinks it's game breaking harrasment of weak players, should be bannable and guilty should be sent to hell
2.thinks it's minor issue.
3.thinks it's not an issue at all - pain,no gain, not an exploit.

and we all are wasting time (well, I'm at work deploying app to test serwer for QA team) posting, while other people have fun..
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

thamightyboro's Avatar


thamightyboro
12.04.2012 , 06:53 AM | #375
We have a 2 grade A *****' on Red Eclipse at the moment on the sith side who are doing this have been 49 for 2 weeks now appear to LD right at the end of warzones, fully auged full purpled 49 gear.

I'm on their side and they are a joke TBH seeing the lolsmashing jugg rack up 550k in voidstars etc is just ridiculous my 50 geared commando can't even do that and the badly played PT Pyro not too far behind him.

OP classes with OP gear in a bad system as to the manner that Bolster works.
"If someone had came up to me in the 80s and said we will
be playing games with 1000s of people at the same time.
My response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

Seena's Avatar


Seena
12.04.2012 , 08:10 AM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I tend to agree Keeva that it's not really an issue (for me any way). I've rarely seen them in warzones, it's hard to prove this is what they're doing, and it seems petty. However, it could be classified as a form of griefing (which has no personal gains) and it falls under the abuse of game mechanics.

The main reason this thread has last so long would probably be me arguing with a wall (I mean another poster) on whether or not this is can be defined as an exploit. =P Bioware wasted time on the Kaon Under Seige terrian exploit though...
The problem is - just because YOU haven't encountered it - doesn't mean others haven't. There's mention in this thread of at least 15 known twinks on my server - and I know more who are planning to do it.

When I enter a warzone and my team GIVES UP (note I said my TEAM - not ME) before even STARTING The damn warzone -- when they give up once a group of these twinks cap 2 nodes on Novare -- when these exploiters LEAVE a tied Huttball match and we lose the game - REPEATEDLY- then it's affecting *me*. When this happens with INCREASING FREQUENCY -- it's affecting *me*. And when I am approached by potential twinks to craft items with certain stats for their 49s--- I know the issue is becoming more of a problem.

And DON'T Tell me to move to 50. I have TWO level 50s. One a War Hero, one a BM. I will move this toon to 50. And start the process all over again with an alt. I have several alts I am leveling to 50 to use as crafters. I also learn to to be a PvPer by PvPing with every class. I level mainly through pvp. Lots of people are altaholics. I , and they, have EVERY
right to BE alt-aholics and to PvP within the ruleset - and NOT have their games in ANY way disturbed by exploiters. They have every RIGHT to stay in the lower level bracket of PvP leveling alts - as LONG AS THEY DO NOT EXPLOIT IN ORDER TO DO SO. And no one should NEVER, EVER feel (or be told) that THEY have to "rush" or "just get through and move on" to level 50 PvP because of exploiters and cheaters. Ever.

End. Of. Argument.

Also don't tell me I am "jealous" of the twinks because of their gear. Time to put that ridiculous ASSumption to rest also. I have over 400 million credits. I can buy/make any damn gear I want. I don't care about their gear. I care about how they affect MY gameplay by exploiting.

clarification: While I quoted you Doomosdaycomes -- the post was largely directed not specifically at you - other than your comments that this isn't affecting you , and it seems "petty". When something that is an EXPLOIT - causes negative ramifications FOR ME and others - several others in this thread in fact- (and you can bet most people affected ---don't even bother to post.) - when this happens the issue is no longer "petty" or "not an issue".
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Seena's Avatar


Seena
12.04.2012 , 08:16 AM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by pixieish View Post
You know, after reaching level 50, and going from "credit to the team no matter the level" to "Lol you just have recruit, enjoy watching our stacked team just steamroll you", yeah, I can see why some people would rather just not level up. Besides, if you don't like twinks in your precious under 50 bracket, hurry up and level to 50, and find out that, no, having the occasional marauder smashing your face in really isn't as bad as a whole team of laughing jedi.

HTFU
Start saving comms at 40 - you'll have more than recruit.

This is ridiculous since MOST people don't CHEAT and manage to deal. These people can put their big boy/girl pants on too, move on, and play the game they way it was intended to be played like most people do.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
12.04.2012 , 08:17 AM | #378
@Seena:
aah, now we can zero in on your problem.
You have problem with quitters, not twinkers.
easy fix, before first que to WZ per char, there should be warning note 'you might be put against good/strong/higher level players, are you sure you want to continue, please don't whine if you get beaten up'.

it is NOT an exploit to leave wz 'End. Of. Discussion.' (lol )
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

maestruljedi's Avatar


maestruljedi
12.04.2012 , 08:33 AM | #379
Oh my god, griefing in PvP ? Wikipedia definitions ? Quick, call the whaambulance ! This game is totally broken !

Get over yourself, doomsday. All you provided is anecdotal evidence as best. Look at the facts and at what's happening here and now. The only people that beat this dead horse is the ones that can't handle the heat. So there are suck players with best gear, but you can't beat them, i think that says a lot more about you than the twinks. I can't wait to see someone with 16k+ HP to beat the living jeebus out of him. Pink-purple lightsaber is an automatic death mark from me as well. I will hunt you down for the whole duration of the WZ, or i'll just play the objectives and deny you victory, either way it's win-win for me. Yes, i'm that good, at least compared to 80% of the lowbie pvp players on my server. It's not a problem for me. It is for some you, so maybe you should turn those dev tracker/forum/google/wikipedia searching skills inward, and look stuff up like the Dunning-Kruger effect and everything else related with illusory superiority.

BW did not say anything about this mess precisely because it's a non-issue. I don't care how you label the people that pimp their chars, or if the issue is gamebreaking or just a "pet peeve" for you. It's YOU. All i've read in this thread is that omg, those people SUCK and it's their gear that wins them 1vNs and WZs and whatever. Guess what, NO. It's all you, dear gungans. Gear matters and if you have at least blue mods of your level or at least no more than 2 levels lower, you will do just fine, and if you have the skill you can outplay any twink all day long and /dance on his corpse. Choose your gear right, choose your spec right and learn to play, and you're on equal footing with any twink. That's why it's not an issue. It's so simple it's mind boggling, isn't it ?

And for the last time, what i do with my time, credits and money is my business and no one else's. If i choose to stay at a certain level forever and ever, it's my right, privilege and honor to do so. If I decide chasing some stupid carrot forever is not worth my time, credits and money, it's also my decision and mine alone. Oh yay, gear treadmill forever and ever, until the game closes or BW wakes up. No thanks. Even if i had all my chars to 50, i still wouldn't do it. I mean, i pvp on most of my chars and partly because i can gather up some comms, but i'm in no rush whatsoever to hit 50. I rather do gray quests and listen to the voice-overs for the 8th time than run that treadmill all over again. Because son, i've been there, done that and got the t-shirt. If you think i'm here for gear grind, you are severely mistaken.

So closing up, unless you're ready to cough up my monthly subscription fee, you have no right to tell me what i can or cannot do, and how i should or shouldn't play. It's a MMORPG, you gungan, it's all about choice. Now move on and learn to play.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.04.2012 , 09:33 AM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
3k hp is not such a biggie
Umm.... what?

3k HP is 2 attacks at least in pre-50 PVP unless you're another completely twinked out toon. Probably more like 3-4 for lower level toons that don't have their biggest hitters yet. So unless 2-4 extra GCDs per fight doesn't seem like a big deal to you, then you're wrong.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here