Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.03.2012 , 02:58 PM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I know they have data on everything that happens in this game. But data cannot account for INTENTION. And since leaving a WZ is NOT a bug, BW doesn't care that people are leaving WZs to avoid xp. I say they don't care, because this has been going on since the game came out, and there has not been ANY mention of this being an exploit by BW, nor has anyone ever been banned for doing it.
I agree that there is no definitive proof that BW considers this an exploit, just as you have no proof to say that they do not. As has come up many times in this thread, BW will not comment on it one way or the other until they have a resolution in place (in fact, if they felt it was fine to do, they probably would have said so by now).

Can we at least agree that there is only one reason to do this: players get an advantage by having the best gear at level 49. They don't have to continually level back up or make new gear or buy new gear, they simply stay at the pinnacle of their class in a bracket based on leveling. If it wasn't an advantage, people wouldn't do it and this thread would never have happened.

I, personally have only suspected this being done 1 or 2 times in all of the lowbie warzones I have played. I think that BW is just using their resources elsewhere on more important issues atm, which is fine by me.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
12.03.2012 , 03:00 PM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Doom I almost always agree with you, but can't on this one.
While I don't do it in this game I have in others. A Exploit is something done by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

First off They had to know it would be a issue for some people not liking this and would have been very easy to not allow it, their top people have been in the industry 10-15 years and likely left it in to see how it would go and to maybe tweak or out right negate it if enough of the paying player complained. The reason in my opinion is that this a time sink for a niche market of players, maybe it's a huge amount I have no clue. But until l they denounce it, how can you call it a exploit?
=P I respect your right to disagree with me.

Hopefully I can clarify: I do not believe twinking is an exploit. In fact, it is something I've considered doing before because it is a legitmate advantage someone can use, and I respect that. I've never done it simply because I've decided I'd rather use the time building 50 gear for that alt, then just taking 4-5 hours and hitting 50 (from 49).

My argument comes in where they use a feature to stay twinked indefinitely. As you say, the dev's have been in the industry 10-15 years. If they had intended players to use a feature like this, would they not have added a "rewards off" toggle? Most argue the leave warzone features was intended to be used for any purpose, and I've argued that it is illogical to think so when this 1 use of the feature goes against the games natural progression. Doesn't every other feature pre 50 work towards leveling? (Exploration, Killing Mobs, New Codex entries. Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't even digging a resource node grant exp? The only thing I can think of is companion crafting misisons/crafting.)

I've also shown where Bioware says it doesn't confirm exploits til they are fixed, so we're on our own to determine whether we should or shouldn't do something. (Which is likely why few people are banned fro exploiting in game features/bugs. Notice no one was banned for the Kaon Under Siege Terrian exploit in the turret encounter, it was simply fixed one day.)

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
12.03.2012 , 03:32 PM | #353
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
=P I respect your right to disagree with me.

Hopefully I can clarify: I do not believe twinking is an exploit. In fact, it is something I've considered doing before because it is a legitmate advantage someone can use, and I respect that. I've never done it simply because I've decided I'd rather use the time building 50 gear for that alt, then just taking 4-5 hours and hitting 50 (from 49).

My argument comes in where they use a feature to stay twinked indefinitely. As you say, the dev's have been in the industry 10-15 years. If they had intended players to use a feature like this, would they not have added a "rewards off" toggle? Most argue the leave warzone features was intended to be used for any purpose, and I've argued that it is illogical to think so when this 1 use of the feature goes against the games natural progression. Doesn't every other feature pre 50 work towards leveling? (Exploration, Killing Mobs, New Codex entries. Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't even digging a resource node grant exp? The only thing I can think of is companion crafting misisons/crafting.)

I've also shown where Bioware says it doesn't confirm exploits til they are fixed, so we're on our own to determine whether we should or shouldn't do something. (Which is likely why few people are banned fro exploiting in game features/bugs. Notice no one was banned for the Kaon Under Siege Terrian exploit in the turret encounter, it was simply fixed one day.)
I guess it's just a egg or chicken come first type argument until BW says/does something. But I could also try to argue the print screen exploit was not a exploit to, but since I find it cheap and abusing a function to play in a way I would say is not intended I would not defend it.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
12.03.2012 , 03:38 PM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
I guess it's just a egg or chicken come first type argument until BW says/does something. But I could also try to argue the print screen exploit was not a exploit to, but since I find it cheap and abusing a function to play in a way I would say is not intended I would not defend it.
=P true... no one will be 100% correct until Bioware comes out to make a ruling, which they won't.

A bit off topic, but what was the print screen exploit? I am unaware of that one.

JattaGin's Avatar


JattaGin
12.03.2012 , 03:46 PM | #355
Quote: Originally Posted by Xarimath View Post
Because on The Progenitor I'm seeing some of these idiots
Is "Mongo" still doing it? He has been on level 49 basically the whole summer while I leveled one alt of mine. Took me a while to realise why he is not leveling up to 50. And even with all the explanations here in this thread, I still don't get the point of it. If you leave a warzone early, you never win. Never ever. Maybe I focus too much on winning, but leaving early is like coitus interruptus to me.
<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>
Looking for a referal? Here you go.
What is this? Check the info.
Thank you and have fun!

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.03.2012 , 03:48 PM | #356
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
=P true... no one will be 100% correct until Bioware comes out to make a ruling, which they won't.

A bit off topic, but what was the print screen exploit? I am unaware of that one.
Hitting print screen made you untargetable for a short duration. Perfect for capping nodes. Ridiculously cheap to use and totally game breaking.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
12.03.2012 , 03:55 PM | #357
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Is "Mongo" still doing it? He has been on level 49 basically the whole summer while I leveled one alt of mine. Took me a while to realise why he is not leveling up to 50. And even with all the explanations here in this thread, I still don't get the point of it. If you leave a warzone early, you never win. Never ever. Maybe I focus too much on winning, but leaving early is like coitus interruptus to me.
I think this sums it up. Not like you have to twink to roll a lot of the sub-50 bracket. To just roll them and never get the win, perpetually stuck in sub-50 to me would be hell.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
12.03.2012 , 04:30 PM | #358
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
=P true... no one will be 100% correct until Bioware comes out to make a ruling, which they won't.

A bit off topic, but what was the print screen exploit? I am unaware of that one.
People will bind a key that spams print screen or any other menu that causes a slight delay in game in order to take objectives or right as they getting close to a edge so it looks like they jump down we they actually don't or get thru fire/poison. When people seem to teleport and so on. Seen it used a lot in warhammer to get in castles by getting up hills you normally could not.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.03.2012 , 09:45 PM | #359
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I agree that there is no definitive proof that BW considers this an exploit, just as you have no proof to say that they do not. As has come up many times in this thread, BW will not comment on it one way or the other until they have a resolution in place (in fact, if they felt it was fine to do, they probably would have said so by now).
The "burden of proof" is on you, not me because the status quo so far is that BW does not consider this an exploit.

Bioware DOES comment on exploits BEFORE they have a resolution in place. For example, look at their "known issues" list. There's a TON of crap there that they have NO resolutions for yet, but have acknowledged.

Quote:
Can we at least agree that there is only one reason to do this: players get an advantage by having the best gear at level 49. They don't have to continually level back up or make new gear or buy new gear, they simply stay at the pinnacle of their class in a bracket based on leveling. If it wasn't an advantage, people wouldn't do it and this thread would never have happened.

I, personally have only suspected this being done 1 or 2 times in all of the lowbie warzones I have played. I think that BW is just using their resources elsewhere on more important issues atm, which is fine by me.
Except that there are people who want to stay sub-50 because they may have friends--who joined during F2P--and want to pvp with them. I have two friends who just joined this game, and I pvp with them on my 49 twink. I may not have created my 49 twink originally because of them, but now that they've decided to sub and play more serious, I'm going to keep my 49 at 49 indefinitely until they hit 50.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
12.03.2012 , 09:51 PM | #360
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Except that there are people who want to stay sub-50 because they may have friends--who joined during F2P--and want to pvp with them. I have two friends who just joined this game, and I pvp with them on my 49 twink. I may not have created my 49 twink originally because of them, but now that they've decided to sub and play more serious, I'm going to keep my 49 at 49 indefinitely until they hit 50.
or you could, ya know, level a new toon?

also, the fact that you have a 49 twink makes any argument you have irrelevant. you have a massive bias
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads