Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

MarkoJinn
12.02.2012 , 01:32 PM | #311
I don't see what they gain out of it? No comms, no rank, no exp, no cash...?!?! I say let them do it if they are that stupid...
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

cashogy
12.02.2012 , 01:35 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
I can just see it now, 50 bracket getting flooded with incompetent PvP'ers(hell of a lot more than they have now) and all you PvP'ers that piss on lowbie PvP would be whining about the huge crop of idiot 50's PvP'ing LOL
and that would be different from now how???
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

beattlebilly
12.02.2012 , 02:11 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
and that would be different from now how???
A lot more whining posts about incompetent 50's. As it stands now, I don't see much about incompetent 50's, I see a lot of posts about what needs nerfed, what needs buffed, what to call/not call objectives in PvP, how certain classes are OP, or classes that are under powered and the team's going to suck if they are there, etc...., but not much about incompetent 50 PvP'ers. If people wait until 50 to PvP like you think they should, I predict a crap ton of posts about it LOL Why discourage/support the discouragement of lowbie PvP? It's where we learn to PvP, I think it should be supported more, not less. Learning is very important, no one magically becomes knowledgeable when they hit 50 and have all their talents, skills, and abilities available to them, so why is lowbie PvP so horrid to you that you think people should just skip it and wait until 50 to PvP/learn to PvP?
Jedi CovenantThe Paranormal LegacyPacific Trident Global Jundland Biscuits and Gravy

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

cashogy
12.02.2012 , 02:28 PM | #314
A lot more whining posts about incompetent 50's. As it stands now, I don't see much about incompetent 50's, I see a lot of posts about what needs nerfed, what needs buffed, what to call/not call objectives in PvP, how certain classes are OP, or classes that are under powered and the team's going to suck if they are there, etc...., but not much about incompetent 50 PvP'ers. If people wait until 50 to PvP like you think they should, I predict a crap ton of posts about it LOL Why discourage/support the discouragement of lowbie PvP? It's where we learn to PvP, I think it should be supported more, not less. Learning is very important, no one magically becomes knowledgeable when they hit 50 and have all their talents, skills, and abilities available to them, so why is lowbie PvP so horrid to you that you think people should just skip it and wait until 50 to PvP/learn to PvP?
my point was that 50 pvp is already filled with bads. everyone is just either busy whining for nerfs, or theyre in denial that they are one of the bads.

twinking is not an exploit. i have twinked my alts constantly with funding from my main toon. granted, my highest level alt is 37, but go figure.

if someone wants to spend an eternity in the lowbie bracket "pwning noobs", let them. lowbie pvp means nothing, and has no bearing on anything.

this community is one of the worst i have ever seen in an online game. if even the littlest thing upsets someone, they immediately run to the forums and cry for the devs to waste their time to fix it. the amount of cries for nerfs, changes, whining about hacks (which i have literally never seen in basically an entire year), etc is mind bottling.

how about you nut up, learn how to play, take your licks when you get beat, learn from mistakes, solve problems on your own, and just generally stop the incessant complaining.
The King of Bads

Seena
12.02.2012 , 02:39 PM | #315
QFTT

No one should wait until level 50 to PvP. No one. Unless they have already leveled a toon in that class.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

beattlebilly
12.02.2012 , 03:06 PM | #316
twinking is not an exploit. i have twinked my alts constantly with funding from my main toon. granted, my highest level alt is 37, but go figure.
I don't think anyone on this thread ever said twinking was the exploit, or even the point of the thread period. The point of the thread is if it is exploiting, or some other behavior that is against TOS, to leave the WZ's to avoid gaining level to keep oneself at lvl 49 perpetually so they can be the "kings" of WZ's(presumably because they know they can't handle being lvl 50, and/or don't want to have that much competition)

if someone wants to spend an eternity in the lowbie bracket "pwning noobs", let them. lowbie pvp means nothing, and has no bearing on anything.
Why does lowbie PvP mean nothing? Why doesn't it have bearing on anything? You honestly believe that no one gets anything valuable out of lowbie PvP learning experiences?

this community is one of the worst i have ever seen in an online game. if even the littlest thing upsets someone, they immediately run to the forums and cry for the devs to waste their time to fix it. the amount of cries for nerfs, changes, whining about hacks (which i have literally never seen in basically an entire year), etc is mind bottling.
I can't really comment on this, I never really spent much time on other community forums LOL But while there are alot of people complaining, having legitimate issues and bringing them to light isn't a bad thing.

how about you nut up, learn how to play, take your licks when you get beat, learn from mistakes, solve problems on your own, and just generally stop the incessant complaining.
LOL so funny. I do know how to play, I do like to learn to play other classes if I make an alt so that is why I like to lowbie PvP, this isn't a problem that can be solved by players it's a problem to be solved by devs, and I'm not incessantly complaining while discussing this issue in pretty much the only thread I've seen about this issue.
Jedi CovenantThe Paranormal LegacyPacific Trident Global Jundland Biscuits and Gravy

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

cashogy
12.02.2012 , 03:25 PM | #317
I don't think anyone on this thread ever said twinking was the exploit, or even the point of the thread period. The point of the thread is if it is exploiting, or some other behavior that is against TOS, to leave the WZ's to avoid gaining level to keep oneself at lvl 49 perpetually so they can be the "kings" of WZ's(presumably because they know they can't handle being lvl 50, and/or don't want to have that much competition)

Why does lowbie PvP mean nothing? Why doesn't it have bearing on anything? You honestly believe that no one gets anything valuable out of lowbie PvP learning experiences?

I can't really comment on this, I never really spent much time on other community forums LOL But while there are alot of people complaining, having legitimate issues and bringing them to light isn't a bad thing.

LOL so funny. I do know how to play, I do like to learn to play other classes if I make an alt so that is why I like to lowbie PvP, this isn't a problem that can be solved by players it's a problem to be solved by devs, and I'm not incessantly complaining while discussing this issue in pretty much the only thread I've seen about this issue.
1. its twinking. granted, its an extreme version of twinking, but its twinking nonetheless. if they dont want to graduate to 50 pvp, who cares? you will outgrow them soon enough by hitting level 50
2. lowbie PvP means nothing because it is filled with people who are coasting for the XP or for learning how to play. lowbie PvP also provides players with a false sense of "balance" thanks to Bolster. real PvP, and real balance, and ranked PvP, are at 50.
3. constructive criticism is one thing. that is the rare exception to the rule on this forum unfortunately
4. see point 3. if someone posts a legitimate concern, with a legitimate opinion on what they think could solve the problem, its constructive. but posting "lol maras are so OP nerf that crap" is nothing but a whine. look at the majority of posts on this forum and tell me what you see more often.

none of that was directed at you really, just a general observation of the community at large and i didnt want to double post
The King of Bads

DanteDeLaRocha
12.02.2012 , 03:30 PM | #318
The point is, the idiocy of one person affects the entire other team. It's not fun getting eaten alive by a level 49 Sniper decked out in purple gear. It's only fun for that one person. Try it sometime if you don't believe me. If we don't put any effort into fixing these imbalances, PvP as a whole is going to suffer over time.

That being said, I don't believe this is a huge problem that needs to be addressed immediately other than assigning exp piece-meal throughout a warzone or making it so you can't leave a warzone without gaining any exp. I just ask the people who do this to take an hour of "me time" and contemplate the direction of their lives.
The Cookiemonster Legacy, The Shadowlands

Seena
12.02.2012 , 03:35 PM | #319

Of course lowbie PvP has great meaning. It prepares you for level 50 PvP. And running into barriers to lowbie PvP because of exploiters shouldn't happen - ever. No one should curtail their lower level PvP (where they learn HOW to PvP) --- because of someone else cheating/exploiting.

Anyone who says that lowbie PvP is meaningless clearly has no idea what the hell they are talking about. And I'd ignore just about any opinion they had at all when it comes to pvp. Just saying. (And the fact that the person in question can't even distinguish between complaining about non exploiting twinks and exploiting twinks -- is clearly illustrative of their overall ability to exercise sound judgement and reasoning.) Ya it's harsh - but I had to say it.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

cashogy
12.02.2012 , 03:59 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Of course lowbie PvP has great meaning. It prepares you for level 50 PvP. And running into barriers to lowbie PvP because of exploiters shouldn't happen - ever. No one should curtail their lower level PvP (where they learn HOW to PvP) --- because of someone else cheating/exploiting.

Anyone who says that lowbie PvP is meaningless clearly has no idea what the hell they are talking about. And I'd ignore just about any opinion they had at all when it comes to pvp. Just saying. (And the fact that the person in question can't even distinguish between complaining about non exploiting twinks and exploiting twinks -- is clearly illustrative of their overall ability to exercise sound judgement and reasoning.) Ya it's harsh - but I had to say it.
ouch, you have wounded my pride

the twinks which you have been crying about in this thread are NOT exploiting. they are getting ZERO out of leaving warzones before they end. meanwhile, by finishing without them you get XP and are able to level up, and leave the lowbie bracket behind. real PvP starts at 50. lowbie PvP is there for nothinge except introducing you to the mechanics, and giving you an alternate way to gain XP. other than that, it has no bearing on overall play because winning or losing has no real meaning; you get XP either way. not to mention the Bolster effect gives players a false sense of gear equality (except in the case of moron 49 twinkers), which leads to QQ when people hit 50.

if someone wants to waste their time fooling around trolling people in the lowbie bracket, that is their own prerogative. if youre in a WZ with someone doing that, and you dont like it, you can do 2 things: leave, and get no XP, effectively wasting your own time; or you can stick it out, accept the fact that whoever twinking like that was not hugged enough as a child, collect your XP and eventually hit level 50 and leave them behind.

call me bad if you want, tho youre only stating the obvious. my sig is pretty clear on where i sit on the uberness scale.

bottomline is that this is just another thing to whine about. bioware should absolutely not waste time on the lowbie bracket; its a place to learn mechanics and level, nothing more. endgame PvP should be the driving factor behind warzones changes.
The King of Bads