Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:22 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Sounds like what min maxers are doing when they make a premade in normals to roll pugs- you're complaining about things that the exact same could be said of for level 50 pvpers.
Um no.

I have no issues with PUGs. None. I have no issues with level 50 PvP - I paid my dues (before the free recruit gear) and they are apparently addressing some of the frustrations.

Not the same at all. Not even close.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

NoTomorrow
11.28.2012 , 11:25 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by xxdragonragexx View Post
And you are butt hurt cuz their epeen is so big? lol.
All types of pvp is about epeen lol. People play 200 hours to get top gear. 200 hours of time that could be spent some where more productive. All because of epeen. All to be top dog.

You are just in denial. The fact that you are here is because you are suffering from epeen envy.
Bwahaha, you nailed it :d
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 11:25 AM | #23
We have a fair bit of twinks on Bastion and it's kind of annoying. I could see it being a bigger problem if any of these guys were actually good. These twinks are constantly out performed by good players leveling alts in moderate gear. But in lowbie PvP where there are very few solid players I definitely see a problem.

I find it annoying because not only do they gear to the gills which NO ONE is doing sub 50 other than these guys... which is just one advantage on top of having a ton more key abilities than most of the other players. But that's why they do it... they know they aren't as good as many of the other players so they find a place where they can "dominate". It boosts their internet ego. Instead of improving their game play and getting to the next level of PvP... they'd rather abuse the system and let the gear do the work while their skills remain moderate.

Anyways, kind of ranted but I do see the issue especially considering the level of play in lowbie PvP. Any fix is a good one. I'd say give them XP throughout the match WHILE it's going. Got a medal? Well you just got XP.

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by xxdragonragexx View Post
And you are butt hurt cuz their epeen is so big? lol.
All types of pvp is about epeen lol. People play 200 hours to get top gear. 200 hours of time that could be spent some where more productive. All because of epeen. All to be top dog.

You are just in denial. The fact that you are here is because you are suffering from epeen envy.

Dude - I have "top gear" On my level 50's and my alts.

This isn't about gear. It's about people stopping fighting, and camping nodes for medals when they see these groups. It's about people exiting warzones before the games are finished - and costing a win.

So no, it isn't about gear -- not for me. I moved on to 50 before the free recruit gear. My lower level toons are all in purple modded gear.

I know the "idea" of why this is not good for warzones will escape you - since you are clearly focused on yourself and not your team.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:27 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
We have a fair bit of twinks on Bastion and it's kind of annoying. I could see it being a bigger problem if any of these guys were actually good. These twinks are constantly out performed by good players leveling alts in moderate gear. But in lowbie PvP where there are very few solid players I definitely see a problem.

I find it annoying because not only do they gear to the gills which NO ONE is doing sub 50 other than these guys... which is just one advantage on top of having a ton more key abilities than most of the other players. But that's why they do it... they know they aren't as good as many of the other players so they find a place where they can "dominate". I boosts their internet ego. Instead of improving their game play and getting to the next level of PvP... they'd rather abuse the system and let the gear do the work while their skills remain moderate.

Anyways, kind of ranted but I do see the issue especially considering the level of play in lowbie PvP. Any fix is a good one. I'd say give them XP throughout the match WHILE it's going. Got a medal? Well you just got XP.

Agreed.

UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 11:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Sounds like what min maxers are doing when they make a premade in normals to roll pugs- you're complaining about things that the exact same could be said of for level 50 pvpers.
The difference between sub 50 maxed out and post 50 maxed out is why it's a problem though.

Sub 50:
1. Lower over all skill
2. 95% of sub 50 players ARE NOT working on the best gear available

Post 50:
1. Skill level is higher
2. 95% of post 50 players ARE working on the best gear available

Xarimath
11.28.2012 , 11:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
I try very hard, but I can't find purpose of doing that...
Because on The Progenitor I'm seeing some of these idiots
Master Jariel Silverwing - Jedi Sentinel
Server : THE PROGENITOR
I support Cross Server PvP http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686530

Seena
11.28.2012 , 11:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Xarimath View Post
Because on The Progenitor I'm seeing some of these idiots

So, they are everywhere Yep - time for a fix.

TheronFett
11.28.2012 , 11:42 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
But, since you asked - Ebon Hawk.
Yes, twinks are a common sight on EH. There are several Imperial players who have been 45-49 for a very long time, and they're even starting to run twink premades. Truth is, none of them are any good.

Siorac
11.28.2012 , 11:43 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Any fix is a good one. I'd say give them XP throughout the match WHILE it's going. Got a medal? Well you just got XP.
That would also help those who got disconnected during a game for whatever reason, their time spent in the WZ would not be totally wasted. Another goodie.