Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena's Avatar


Seena
11.29.2012 , 09:18 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
So you're basically created another thread here to just whine? Aite.
Another thread? Hmmm it's been like 6 months or so since I've made a thread. It's entirely within my right to do so.

Don't like it? Well I guess that's too *********** bad.

Now, how about that source?

And keep those replies coming -- keeps the thread bumped - ty
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Seena's Avatar


Seena
11.29.2012 , 09:32 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
If you exploit, you get banned. That is BW's policy, not mine. That is why they banned all those players exploiting valor in Ilum, those players who exploited the WZ bug to bring in more players, or those who exploit the game with hacks. If people aren't going to get banned doing something, it is NOT an exploit.

Also, you've still yet to provide any proof avoid xp is an exploit or that BW doesn't want us doing it. Just because something annoys you, and you don't like it, doesn't make it an exploit.
No - it isn't "if you exploit you get banned" You are wrong wrong wrong wrong. The banning depends on the implications of the exploit.

here - since you aren't able to provide any real sources -- here's one on the ilium issues. It specifically states only a small number of accounts were banned:


http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...ilum-exploits/


"In the post, Reid clarifies that only accounts suspected of gold farming were actually banned. Only a small number of accounts were temporarily suspended for the Ilum exploit, and also any action taken against an account may be appealed."


And with that - since you aren't even arguing with basic facts - I'm done replying to you. Please have a nice stay. But = feel free to bump this thread at will.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.29.2012 , 09:57 PM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
It's not an exploit.

"Let me start by explaining how we go about determining when to fix an issue in the live game, whether it is a bug or an exploit. Letís begin with exploits Ė those cases when we determine that a bug in the code can give an unfair advantage to a player. (Remember, not all bugs are exploits!)"

http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-...ixing-exploits

Leaving WZs does not give the person leaving an advantage. The other stuff you mentioned like getting more than 8 people in a WZ is an exploit because it gives you an advantage.
Well:

Quote: Originally Posted by Developer Blog: Busting Bugs
Let me start by explaining how we go about determining when to fix an issue in the live game, whether it is a bug or an exploit. Letís begin with exploits Ė those cases when we determine that a bug in the code can give an unfair advantage to a player. (Remember, not all bugs are exploits!)
Is there an in game way to turn off exp gain? No.

Does the option to leaving a warzone have an orginal, intended purpose? Yes.

Is that purpose to avoid gaining exp? No.

Does remaining 49 indefinitely via using a mechanic as it is not intended to be used giving a player an advantage that can not be obtained via in game, legal methods? Yes.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
11.29.2012 , 09:58 PM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Well I hope that they do. Maybe you'd like to make your own thread acknowledging the action yet stating you feel they shouldn't fix it. Yes, that would be very nice.
there is no exploit, and no problem. if you do not like it, you dont have to participate in lowbie warzones.

yes, it sucks when people twink their 49s. ive seen a few on my alts. but lowbie warzones have no affect on anything.

if you really dont like it that much, i suggest powering through your class story and as many quests as you can find, and then getting into PvP after you hit 50.
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.29.2012 , 11:04 PM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
No - it isn't "if you exploit you get banned" You are wrong wrong wrong wrong. The banning depends on the implications of the exploit.

here - since you aren't able to provide any real sources -- here's one on the ilium issues. It specifically states only a small number of accounts were banned:


http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...ilum-exploits/


"In the post, Reid clarifies that only accounts suspected of gold farming were actually banned. Only a small number of accounts were temporarily suspended for the Ilum exploit, and also any action taken against an account may be appealed."


And with that - since you aren't even arguing with basic facts - I'm done replying to you. Please have a nice stay. But = feel free to bump this thread at will.
People still got banned, regardless of the amount or time. I've never heard of anyone getting banned for leaving WZs to avoid xp. Have you?

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.29.2012 , 11:09 PM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Well:



Is there an in game way to turn off exp gain? No.

Does the option to leaving a warzone have an orginal, intended purpose? Yes.

Is that purpose to avoid gaining exp? No.

Does remaining 49 indefinitely via using a mechanic as it is not intended to be used giving a player an advantage that can not be obtained via in game, legal methods? Yes.
For something to be considered an exploit by BW, it has to take an advantage of a bug in the game's cod. Leaving WZs is not a BUG at all. People leave WZs for various reasons: losing, dislikes WZ, went afk, backfilled, etc. The act of leaving a WZ is not a bug. BW designed this game so you can leave a WZ anytime you want, for whatever reason you choose to.

Leaving a WZ gives you no rewards and no advantages, hence no exploit.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.29.2012 , 11:23 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
For something to be considered an exploit by BW, it has to take an advantage of a bug in the game's cod. Leaving WZs is not a BUG at all. People leave WZs for various reasons: losing, dislikes WZ, went afk, backfilled, etc. The act of leaving a WZ is not a bug. BW designed this game so you can leave a WZ anytime you want, for whatever reason you choose to.

Leaving a WZ gives you no rewards and no advantages.
=P So /stuck isn't an exploit?

Any way, I'm tired of arguing. *Roll eyes* I forgot, logic doesn't apply here. It's not an exploit that really needs fixing or bothers too many people so meh...

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.29.2012 , 11:31 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
=P So /stuck isn't an exploit?

Any way, I'm tired of arguing. *Roll eyes* I forgot, logic doesn't apply here. It's not an exploit that really needs fixing or bothers too many people so meh...
It's not an exploit by BW's standard. I've also never heard of anyone getting banned because of using /stuck.

I consider it cheap and wouldn't do it, but if others want to, good for them.

Lol at trying to insult me. Guess you got nothing better to say.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.29.2012 , 11:59 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
It's not an exploit by BW's standard. I've also never heard of anyone getting banned because of using /stuck.

I consider it cheap and wouldn't do it, but if others want to, good for them.

Lol at trying to insult me. Guess you got nothing better to say.
You. Do. Not. Know. If. Bioware. Considers. This. An. Exploit. Or. Not.

They have made no statement on it. They have made no statement on /stuck. They made -no- statement on the Kaon Under Seige exploit until they fixed it. You lack the data to say what bioware thinks or doesn't think.

Where as I've provided a logical pathway to determine if something is an exploit, which you've choosen to ignore. You can apply the process to anything in game, and determine if it's an exploit or not. It is then up to Bioware to decide whether to deal with it or leave it alone. Until they do, it is unlikely -any- of us will know what specific things they consider an exploit and what aren't.

All we can go on, is a logical progrssion of thought, based on how a mechanic is intended and how (and why) it's being used for other purposes.

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
11.30.2012 , 05:11 AM | #240
and what about good players? they should be banned from lowbie pvp too.

I mean, they know all classes, and can outplay newbs up and down. This is unfair advantage. They know casbars, they prodobly have atleast 2 or more 50 lvl characters, fast internet, mouse with lots of buttons.... a brain, and they take care of objectives. how fair it is compared to that newbie operative who don't have stealth button binded to a key?

if you have more then 2 50 lvl chars, you should not be able to join 10-49 lvl pvp since you are prodobly better player.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013