Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

darthsasha
11.29.2012 , 08:52 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
I assure you my gear is more up to date than yours.

gear being up to date - isn't the issue at all.
Okay the issue is the such called "Exploit". You want it to be fixed. Interesting how ? Once you join the warzone you get xp, or you get xp for killing people inside the wz. What would you suggest?
Darina En-Ki- lvl 50 sentinel
Master Dar'Nala

Seena
11.29.2012 , 08:55 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by darthsasha View Post
Okay the issue is the such called "Exploit". You want it to be fixed. Interesting how ? Once you join the warzone you get xp, or you get xp for killing people inside the wz. What would you suggest?
If you'd actually bothered to read the thread - instead of making snarky remarks - you would have seen some rather decent and seemingly easy ways to remedy this. The easiest being awarding xp in increments as the WZ progresses. This would also help people who DC during the wz.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Smashbrother
11.29.2012 , 08:59 PM | #223
You really are === clueless.

" Letís begin with exploits Ė those cases when we determine that a bug in the code can give an unfair advantage to a player. (Remember, not all bugs are exploits!)"

Unfair advantage. Unfair Advantage... key words there.....
Explain how leaving a WZ, which results in no rewards, gives that person an unfair advantage. But let's say--for arguments sake--that it is an unfair advantage. So I guess a level 10 leaving WZs to avoid xp is getting an unfair advantage too? Lols.

Seena
11.29.2012 , 09:00 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
So I guess a level 10 leaving WZs to avoid xp is getting an unfair advantage too, and must be banned along with those 49s.
You are the only one who has spoken of banning people.

You are confused. Using an exploit does not = immediate ban. You really do need to understand this. The point is not to ban people - but to fix the way xp is awarded to stop the exploiting.

As for the rest of your comment - it's simply so profoundly ludicrous and inapplicable - it will have to otherwise be ignored.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

cashogy
11.29.2012 , 09:07 PM | #225
bioware does not need to waste developer time on this
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Smashbrother
11.29.2012 , 09:08 PM | #226
You are the only one who has spoken of banning people.

You are confused. Using an exploit does not = immediate ban. You really do need to understand this. The point is not to ban people - but to fix the way xp is awarded to stop the exploiting.

As for the rest of your comment - it's simply so profoundly ludicrous and inapplicable - it will have to otherwise be ignored.
If you exploit, you get banned. That is BW's policy, not mine. That is why they banned all those players exploiting valor in Ilum, those players who exploited the WZ bug to bring in more players, or those who exploit the game with hacks. If people aren't going to get banned doing something, it is NOT an exploit.

Also, you've still yet to provide any proof avoid xp is an exploit or that BW doesn't want us doing it. Just because something annoys you, and you don't like it, doesn't make it an exploit.

Seena
11.29.2012 , 09:09 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
bioware does not need to waste developer time on this
Well I hope that they do. Maybe you'd like to make your own thread acknowledging the action yet stating you feel they shouldn't fix it. Yes, that would be very nice.

Seena
11.29.2012 , 09:10 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
And yet you've still yet to provide any proof avoid xp is an exploit or that BW doesn't want us doing it.
That's fine. You go ahead and believe they want us doing it.

I will believe that it's an active exploit.

ok?

Smashbrother
11.29.2012 , 09:14 PM | #229
That's fine. You go ahead and believe they want us doing it.

I will believe that it's an active exploit.

ok?
So you're basically created another thread here to just whine? Aite.

Seena
11.29.2012 , 09:17 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
i can understand that it is frustrating that there are morons who want to twink their 49s and pwn people in the sub-50 bracket. but what happens in the sub-50 bracket is irrelevant. real PvP doesnt start until level 50.

so instead of coming to the forums whining that people are doing this (there is no way to stop it btw) maybe finish leveling your toon, get to 50, and never have to see those twink morons again? take your licks in the lowbie warzones, get your XP, and then get to the real PvP.

this seems like a massive non-issue, and i certainly hope that bioware is not devoting resources to this problem
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. May the devs take it into consideration. As I hope they do mine.

Thanks for your input.