Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
11.29.2012 , 03:53 AM | #161
It would be abuse if they gained reward but no XP to stay in 49 for evah.

They don't get rewards (other then being hard from killing newbs), so they are not gaining anything , ergo , it's not an exploit.

I love min maxed 46+ players, they are most fun to kill on me fresh toons. (well 30+, not fresh fresh ding 10th lvl fresh)
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.29.2012 , 04:18 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
It would be abuse if they gained reward but no XP to stay in 49 for evah.

They don't get rewards (other then being hard from killing newbs), so they are not gaining anything , ergo , it's not an exploit.

I love min maxed 46+ players, they are most fun to kill on me fresh toons. (well 30+, not fresh fresh ding 10th lvl fresh)
Mostly what makes it an exploit is it's intention. For example, the aoe bug with companions that puts people in PvP-flagged is simply... a bug. It's when someone uses it on purpose for the intention of flagging and then killing their victim that it becomes an exploit.

People aren't rewarded with comms, money, or exp... but they must feel they are being rewarded in some way, or they wouldn't do it. It is the intention and the act of dodging their rewards that is the exploit.

I do not think it should be bannable, or that it's even much of a problem. I simply want to point out to others that whether harmful or benign, it is a form of abusing/exploiting the sytem.

Karkais's Avatar


Karkais
11.29.2012 , 04:22 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
Well if level 50 PvP didn't suck balls we wouldn't have this problem.
Quoting for truth. I think the devs just went in completely wrong direction with the resolve changes. There should be less stuns, not more.

Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
You mean - expertise stat? -- And I agree. It's funny - pre launch they made it sounds like the PvP was intended to be less gear centric..... Go figure. The exact opposite to the 100th degree has happened.
Which should have been predicted by anyone with a brain when we first found out there was going to be expertise and gear progression.

Ive been on a crusade against gear-dependency forever. But people will rather have this.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

beattlebilly's Avatar


beattlebilly
11.29.2012 , 05:55 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
It would be abuse if they gained reward but no XP to stay in 49 for evah.

They don't get rewards (other then being hard from killing newbs), so they are not gaining anything , ergo , it's not an exploit.

I love min maxed 46+ players, they are most fun to kill on me fresh toons. (well 30+, not fresh fresh ding 10th lvl fresh)
Maybe not an exploit, but maybe it could be classified as "griefing" or harassment. Those players that go around on PvE servers flagged and stand inside a group of mobs to flag the opposing faction when they attack the mobs aren't getting rewards or gaining anything from what they are doing, but yet they can get in trouble for doing that, right?

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

Quote:
Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.
JC server Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy

beattlebilly's Avatar


beattlebilly
11.29.2012 , 05:59 AM | #165
I don't like the gear grind/no time to play excuse. The ones I've seen doing this, the amount of time they spent doing it, if they'd been devoting that time to 50 PvP, they'd have the comms to get their gear. One of them was even asked why they were doing it and they admitted they had a geared 50 but they were bored and wanted to kick *** without a challenge.
JC server Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
11.29.2012 , 06:22 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Maybe not an exploit, but maybe it could be classified as "griefing" or harassment. Those players that go around on PvE servers flagged and stand inside a group of mobs to flag the opposing faction when they attack the mobs aren't getting rewards or gaining anything from what they are doing, but yet they can get in trouble for doing that, right?

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct
technically it's an exploit to flag person that way, 'harrasment' would be going as L 50 to nar shadda on pvp server killing oposite fraction and stopping them from questing on hardcore style all day long (but then again, if you go for pvp server, you need to expect those d-bags are prodobly there).
level 49 is not super power wrecking ball either, so it's not game breaking. They don't stop anyone from doing anything.
Level 10-49 pvp is unbalanced and bad any way.
I still don't understand why they are doing it, I hate pre 50 pvp, it's boring and full of very terrible people (no offense, I'm not elitist, but some people are just awful like my grammar and spelling), but if it boosts their ego and nothing else (like they are not getting comms for that nor can grind WH on lowbie pvp), it's not against rules, nor hurting any one.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

beattlebilly's Avatar


beattlebilly
11.29.2012 , 06:36 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
level 49 is not super power wrecking ball either, so it's not game breaking. They don't stop anyone from doing anything.
A team with these "twinks" on them may think they'll have an advantage, but they don't. Been in losses before with these idiots on the team because they aren't playing the objectives. Been against these idiots before and been camped at spawn/speeder areas and killed before I can even get medals. To me, that seems like they are stopping people from gaining as much as they can from a WZ. May not be "game breaking" because it's low level, but if it's happening to you and those around you, it's enough to be a problem and preventing proper game play. This shouldn't be overlooked just because it's a minor area of the game. You may not see the big deal, but to those that actually enjoy all aspects of PvP and not just "end game" PvP, it's a pain in the *** and disrupts game play.
JC server Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
11.29.2012 , 06:46 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
A team with these "twinks" on them may think they'll have an advantage, but they don't. Been in losses before with these idiots on the team because they aren't playing the objectives. Been against these idiots before and been camped at spawn/speeder areas and killed before I can even get medals. To me, that seems like they are stopping people from gaining as much as they can from a WZ. May not be "game breaking" because it's low level, but if it's happening to you and those around you, it's enough to be a problem and preventing proper game play. This shouldn't be overlooked just because it's a minor area of the game. You may not see the big deal, but to those that actually enjoy all aspects of PvP and not just "end game" PvP, it's a pain in the *** and disrupts game play.
Soo, when they are on your team you loose cause they are idiots, and when they are on other team you loose cause they kill you to the bone.

I'm sorry.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Sathid's Avatar


Sathid
11.29.2012 , 06:56 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
We have a fair bit of twinks on Bastion and it's kind of annoying. I could see it being a bigger problem if any of these guys were actually good. These twinks are constantly out performed by good players leveling alts in moderate gear. But in lowbie PvP where there are very few solid players I definitely see a problem.

I find it annoying because not only do they gear to the gills which NO ONE is doing sub 50 other than these guys... which is just one advantage on top of having a ton more key abilities than most of the other players. But that's why they do it... they know they aren't as good as many of the other players so they find a place where they can "dominate". It boosts their internet ego. Instead of improving their game play and getting to the next level of PvP... they'd rather abuse the system and let the gear do the work while their skills remain moderate.

Anyways, kind of ranted but I do see the issue especially considering the level of play in lowbie PvP. Any fix is a good one. I'd say give them XP throughout the match WHILE it's going. Got a medal? Well you just got XP.
All my toons are on the Bation,my GS i started hitting the WZ's around lvl 25,i do just my daily and then hit some quests on the planet where my class quest is,rinse repeat so she is lvling slowly but i have to keep her gear at lvl or very good gear at lvl due to i like hit some heroics with just my comp or a friend of mine,,is she twinked? yah to a degree,but like i said i just do my daily and thats that in WZ's.

beattlebilly's Avatar


beattlebilly
11.29.2012 , 07:01 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Soo, when they are on your team you loose cause they are idiots, and when they are on other team you loose cause they kill you to the bone.

I'm sorry.
Don't always lose, no. Just said I've been in losses before because of how they acted and they aren't automatically an advantage over the other team because of the way they play. You couldn't see how it was an issue, I pointed out why they are an issue. They either cause a team to lose because they aren't playing objectives, or they'll single out lowbies on the other team to giggle-stomp preventing them from gaining as much as they can from the WZ.
JC server Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy