Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena's Avatar


Seena
11.28.2012 , 05:48 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
The vast majority of your comments are "nerf marauders" and I've seen few people agree with you except for the same 4 guys that jump in every nerf marauder thread with you.

BTW... I own most marauders with my sorc.
I was hard pressed to see "most people agreeing with him" . I see him agreeing with him - and a few other posts.

In fact two people from EH (myself and another) vs his one noted this is an issue.

Not that number of posts agreeing means anything since those who are using this exploit will argue hard and fast to keep it - while those who haven't been affected (yet) are unlikely to post anything.

Time will tell whether this is fixed. One thing is certain - if it isn't brought to anyone's attention - it won't be.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 05:52 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
The vast majority of your comments are "nerf marauders" and I've seen few people agree with you except for the same 4 guys that jump in every nerf marauder thread with you.

BTW... I own most marauders with my sorc.
Then bring it, because 1v1 I dominate sorcs on my marauder. Doesn't seem like it's any different for your pro-marauder buddies, so what's your point? I don't see you making too many posts that aren't pro-marauder either.

Outside that- we're disagreeing on something that has nothing to do with marauders right here- twinks, and we're disagreeing elsewhere on gear to win vs no gear advantages. I don't disagree with you just to argue- I disagree because I think it's clear we fundamentally disagree on almost everything. It's not like you share my opinions on other classes either.

Trust me on this though- I'm far less interested on getting marauders nerfs than I am on getting sorcs and mercs improved- and if we did get a substantial buff to those classes, I probably would lose interest in the marauder arguments altogether. Marauders are simply an easy target because you've spent the last six months chain insulting everyone who disagrees with you- if there were a bunch of sins coming into every balance thread I made saying 'you are a scrub, learn to play, get good, etc....' maybe I'd be looking at them- they for some reason weren't looking for a fight on the scale marauders were.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 05:52 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
I was hard pressed to see "most people agreeing with him" . I see him agreeing with him - and a few other posts.

In fact two people from EH (myself and another) vs his one noted this is an issue.

Not that number of posts agreeing means anything since those who are using this exploit will argue hard and fast to keep it - while those who haven't been affected (yet) are unlikely to post anything.

Time will tell whether this is fixed. One thing is certain - if it isn't brought to anyone's attention - it won't be.
LOL... that's how I saw it too... maybe he counts himself for each reply since he's the loudest one in here.

Unfortunately the only thing I think I remember him saying that I do agree with... is that it's not going to be fixed any time soon. It's a pretty minor issue in comparison to others and happens so little that it's far from game breaking. I would assume that will get worse over time but I doubt it's very high on the priority list even though it's slowly becoming more popular.

I would expect it to get resolved at some point though.

RazielHex's Avatar


RazielHex
11.28.2012 , 05:52 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by xxdragonragexx View Post
Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better. In all mmo games, the ruleset is the determining factor of where the pvp guilds will go. PvP guilds don't go to pve servers even on a PvE based game like swtor. So most pvpers will go to pvp servers even if it is just a title.

But this is swtor. Most pvp guilds and any decent competitive pvper left already and went to some other game.
I tell you that because it's true, not to evoke any manner of pathos.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 05:55 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Trust me on this though- I'm far less interested on getting marauders nerfs than I am on getting sorcs and mercs improved.
So far out of 20 or so of your posts... this is the second sentence that you've typed that I think makes sense.

Sorcs only need burst IMO... mercs need a lot of defense.

But anyways... twinks are sad lonely creatures. Jump on my stream and I'll argue with you for hours.

Aaoogaa's Avatar


Aaoogaa
11.28.2012 , 05:59 PM | #116
I wish there was a true exp off button so I could sit at 49. The pvp is much better at the 1-49 range then it ever has been at 50. The gear can only get so good at this range...48-49 purples are good but not great. An all purpled out level 49 match would be as close to pure fun for pvp in this game as you could get. Imagine pvping without the stupid resolve stat...glorious.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Seena's Avatar


Seena
11.28.2012 , 06:02 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
LOL... that's how I saw it too... maybe he counts himself for each reply since he's the loudest one in here.

Unfortunately the only thing I think I remember him saying that I do agree with... is that it's not going to be fixed any time soon. It's a pretty minor issue in comparison to others and happens so little that it's far from game breaking. I would assume that will get worse over time but I doubt it's very high on the priority list even though it's slowly becoming more popular.

I would expect it to get resolved at some point though.

Oh I can see that it's not top priority. What's so interesting to me tho - is, like I said, I didn't realize it was even possible. I've been playing solidly since pre-launch. I have a War Hero Vanguard and have full valor to level on prolly 17 toons. I'm on a shadow now - level 45 and I PvP pretty regularly. I was asked to craft an earpiece for one of these twinks about a week ago - and I couldn't understand why anyone would go through the effort (it is ENTIRELY an ego thing no matter what anyone says.). Since then I've seen people giving up at the start of warzones, complaining they can't win against these people --- and noted people leaving Huttball games early - leaving us down a man when there's a tied score. More than once. So, I definitely think it's becoming more common - and that it will continue to do so.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Seena's Avatar


Seena
11.28.2012 , 06:05 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
I wish there was a true exp off button so I could sit at 49. The pvp is much better at the 1-49 range then it ever has been at 50. The gear can only get so good at this range...48-49 purples are good but not great. An all purpled out level 49 match would be as close to pure fun for pvp in this game as you could get. Imagine pvping without the stupid resolve stat...glorious.
You mean - expertise stat? -- And I agree. It's funny - pre launch they made it sounds like the PvP was intended to be less gear centric..... Go figure. The exact opposite to the 100th degree has happened.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 06:06 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
So far out of 20 or so of your posts... this is the second sentence that you've typed that I think makes sense.

Sorcs only need burst IMO... mercs need a lot of defense.

But anyways... twinks are sad lonely creatures. Jump on my stream and I'll argue with you for hours.
I don't disagree with twinking being a sad thing- but at the same time I understand it because level 50 isn't much better. Also- twinks are not at near as much of an advantage in this game as they are in WoW- where you'll see twinks with three times the health and damage of other players in that bracket.

I wouldn't mind seeing twinking go either- I am merely saying that I take no issue with it and consider it a minor issue- which you disagree with and that's fine.

Sorcs need more than just burst- that's just what they need most- but, that's a topic for elsewhere.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 06:08 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Of I can see that it's not top priority. What's so interesting to me tho - is, like I said, I didn't realize it was even possible. I've been playing solidly since pre-launch. I have a War Hero Vanguard and have full valor to level on prolly 17 toons. I'm on a shadow now - level 45 and I PvP pretty regularly. I was asked to craft an earpiece for one of these twinks about a week ago - and I couldn't understand why anyone would go through the effort (it is ENTIRELY an ego thing no matter what anyone says.). Since then I've seen people giving up at the start of warzones, complaining they can't win against these people --- and noted people leaving Huttball games early - leaving us down a man when there's a tied score. More than once. So, I definitely think it's becoming more common - and that it will continue to do so.
Yeah... I think it's slowly gaining popularity. I only started noticiing it a few months ago and I'm slowly seeing more and more of them. I agree on the ego thing. Like I said before... most of them are not very good. So my theory is that they're looking for the biggest advantage possible and on top of that it's not nearly as difficult to twink a level 49 as it is to min/max a 50.

Not only that but they gain advantages over most players simply on abilites and on top of that being heavily gear in a bracket where nearly no one is well geared. In short, it's mediocre players stroking their egos to feel dominant somewhere because they aren't good enough to dominate anywhere else.