Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena
11.28.2012 , 04:51 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
nothing to add to the thread itself, but just wanna say I lul'd at the peter pan analogy. well played, OP. well played.
Thankee
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Seena
11.28.2012 , 04:53 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I don't see a problem with staying 49 forever. AFAIK it's not breaking any rules. Some people already have multiple 50s (I have four) doing the gear grind, that they don't want--or have the time--for another. Some people might be staying 49 because they want to pvp with their lowbie friends, especially now that f2p is out.

There's also no difference between the gaps in the sub 50 and 50 brackets, except that the sub 50 bracket DOES NOT matter. BW isn't going to balance the game or change anything because of something that happens in sub 50 pvp. So I don't see why people are whining about this issue.

Also, skill has nothing to do with why people choose to stay 49. Bads are rampant all over, whether they're in fully aug WH gear, or 49 twinks.

Actually using game mechanics for an unintended result is against the rules.

And rationalizing inexcusable behavior because it imitates what is bad in level 50 pvp - well I don't think that is even addressable.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Seena
11.28.2012 , 04:56 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
If it wasn't legitimate, they'd give xp for kills- I believe in WoW you get xp for caps and kills so that you cannot do this unless you join the twink queue (twinks do get a separate queue from normal players).

SWTOR only gives xp at the end- they could easily give everyone xp/comms as they get medals- say, give 5 comms, blank xp dependant on level, etc... for every medal when you get it- then give the bonus however many at the end of the game. That would prevent twinking, would also reward people who get d/ced or bugged out.

BW has decided simply to not do that though- making it legitimate to leave before the game's end- this has been possible since day one, sorry, but if they don't 'fix' something like this in a year, it's not what they consider to be an exploit.

Right. Keep telling yourself that. I say they loaded the xp at the end of the game - to keep people from quitting early. Only - it backfired.

We'll see. As this becomes more of an issue - what do you want to bet - it will be fixed.

Seena
11.28.2012 , 04:57 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Oi Seena, Leave Peter Pan out of this!!! lol
Awww come on... you know he'd be all over PvP ; )

Seena
11.28.2012 , 05:01 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Erasimus View Post
Actually, unless they changed it with MoP, I haven't checked, you can pay 10g to turn off XP gain.

The big difference in WoW is that most of the true twinks I know were in twink guilds that PvP against other twink guilds in BGs, now Rated BGs. It is a complete playstyle where they spend countless hours farming for the best gear for their twink level and only enjoy PvPing against other twink guilds.

Most also have max level rated Arena teams. I know, my son was in a level 70 twink WoW guild for years. Most of this type player are very very good at PvP. My son for example was a multi-season Glad on various max level characters.

Recently he decided to level one of his twink toons to max by PvP. It is funny. He dominates even higher level characters so badly they accuse him of hacking.

Turning off xp - when I was a "twink" in WoW (mid 90s) was free as I recall. But I could be wrong.

Either way, it was definitely an optional part of an intended game mechanic.

fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 05:02 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Right. Keep telling yourself that.

We'll see. As this becomes more of an issue - what do you want to bet - it will be fixed.
Being an issue or not has zilch to do with whether BW will fix it. Very little of what BW has done in pvp since launch has been good ideas- so you're asking me to take a bet on a coin toss rather than what I think should or shouldn't happen.

Also- did you miss the part where I was talking about my level 25 sniper being what I'm usually playing in pvp? I'm not a twinker taking advantage of this system- I'm simply telling it like it is- this is not a big issue and what issue there is stems entirely from how people don't want to enter into the level 50 gear treadmill.

Some people want to play pvp for fun, not to grind endlessly- or they don't play more than a few hours a week and know they're never going to be viable at 50 simply due to gear- you really have such a big problem with people playing at a bracket they enjoy, when you yourself are saying they all suck anyway?

As I said- not a big problem.

Ultimately- you haven't provided anything to prove this is an exploit, and nothing to counter the fact that this has been here since day one, and BW has known about it since day 1, and it has an easy fix- yet they've done absolutely nothing. Maybe it's you who needs to keep telling yourself that this is an exploit.

Seena
11.28.2012 , 05:04 PM | #107
Being an issue or not has zilch to do with whether BW will fix it. Very little of what BW has done in pvp since launch has been good ideas- so you're asking me to take a bet on a coin toss rather than what I think should or shouldn't happen.

Also- did you miss the part where I was talking about my level 25 sniper being what I'm usually playing in pvp? I'm not a twinker taking advantage of this system- I'm simply telling it like it is- this is not a big issue and what issue there is stems entirely from how people don't want to enter into the level 50 gear treadmill.

Some people want to play pvp for fun, not to grind endlessly- or they don't play more than a few hours a week and know they're never going to be viable at 50 simply due to gear- you really have such a big problem with people playing at a bracket they enjoy, when you yourself are saying they all suck anyway?

As I said- not a big problem.
Not a big problem - to you. But then you think it's an intended game mechanic. LOL

Please feel free to pursue what *you* feel is important; I will exercise the same right.

Oh and dearie - I never said anyone "sucked". Wasn't me. But then I don't expect you to understand too much of anything you read - you're too busy trying to legitimize your pvp over other's.

UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 05:06 PM | #108
If it wasn't legitimate, they'd give xp for kills- I believe in WoW you get xp for caps and kills so that you cannot do this unless you join the twink queue (twinks do get a separate queue from normal players).

SWTOR only gives xp at the end- they could easily give everyone xp/comms as they get medals- say, give 5 comms, blank xp dependant on level, etc... for every medal when you get it- then give the bonus however many at the end of the game. That would prevent twinking, would also reward people who get d/ced or bugged out.

BW has decided simply to not do that though- making it legitimate to leave before the game's end- this has been possible since day one, sorry, but if they don't 'fix' something like this in a year, it's not what they consider to be an exploit.
Yes, they designed it so you could quit a war zone prematurely on purpose and avoid XP...

Clearly not an over sight... BW thinks of everything ahead of time since they have so much MMO experience

I really think you just like to argue... I bet if I pull up your comment history it's just you trying to convice people they're wrong over and over again. I'd bet the only thrads you agree on is nerf marauder threads.

I'd like to know what server you're on... so I can roll a 49 twink marauder and another to 50 just so I can troll you as much as possible.

fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 05:32 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Yes, they designed it so you could quit a war zone prematurely on purpose and avoid XP...

Clearly not an over sight... BW thinks of everything ahead of time since they have so much MMO experience

I really think you just like to argue... I bet if I pull up your comment history it's just you trying to convice people they're wrong over and over again. I'd bet the only thrads you agree on is nerf marauder threads.

I'd like to know what server you're on... so I can roll a 49 twink marauder and another to 50 just so I can troll you as much as possible.
Ebon Hawk- why not roll a sorc though, since they're just as balanced as marauders? Please, be my guest. I'm sure you will dominate- no really, I'm not even joking.

I would say I'm beginning to think you just like to gloat about how buffed up marauders are and how awesome you are because of it- but I've known that for months.

If you must know- a vast majority of my comments are actually on things that can be done to balance out what sorcs and mercs lost in 1.2- threads that naturally become immediately full of fine upstanding gentlemen like you telling us 'you are wrong, I do not play your class but your class is already perfect so l2p'. In fact, I bet if we were to look at all the posts trying to talk BW away from buffing underperforming classes- almost all would be from primary marauder players.

Furthermore- read through the thread, you'll find most of the people agree with me that this is not an issue and doesn't make much of a difference.

UGLYMRJ
11.28.2012 , 05:36 PM | #110
Ebon Hawk- why not roll a sorc though, since they're just as balanced as marauders? Please, be my guest. I'm sure you will dominate- no really, I'm not even joking.

I would say I'm beginning to think you just like to gloat about how buffed up marauders are and how awesome you are because of it- but I've known that for months.

If you must know- a vast majority of my comments are actually on things that can be done to balance out what sorcs and mercs lost in 1.2- threads that naturally become immediately full of fine upstanding gentlemen like you telling us 'you are wrong, I do not play your class but your class is already perfect so l2p'. In fact, I bet if we were to look at all the posts trying to talk BW away from buffing underperforming classes- almost all would be from primary marauder players.

Furthermore- read through the thread, you'll find most of the people agree with me that this is not an issue and doesn't make much of a difference.
The vast majority of your comments are "nerf marauders" and I've seen few people agree with you except for the same 4 guys that jump in every nerf marauder thread with you.

BTW... I own most marauders with my sorc.