Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage Smash Showdown!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rage Smash Showdown!

KiranK
11.28.2012 , 07:35 PM | #21
I don't really agree with you on the Vengeance spec. It's plenty viable, but in PvP it lacks utility. Juggs in general lack utility. You have an AoE snare that's just sorta meh, a channeled stun that can be interrupted, and a single target displacement on a 1 min CD that has a delay when used so that it often tosses the target the wrong direction. AoE mezz too, but none of that is anything a Mara doesn't have on top of the extra CDs they get that Juggs lack. At least the Rage spec makes up for it's lack of utility with raw power. Vengeance is equally a 1 trick pony, only it's 1 trick takes longer to do. It's trick is steady DPS. There's not much else to it. It doesn't even have any extra roots or snares. Just some mediocre DOTs, a top level attack that's only viable because it's elemental damage, and a decent finishing move. A little extra survivability as well. There's nothing outstanding about the spec. It's great in PvE, but in PvP, Rage is always the better option.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Piam
11.28.2012 , 07:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Or just roll it back to 1.3, really. There was nothing wrong with it, except the "wind-up" of Sweep.
Yep.

Although, I think it's good design that certain abilities lower the Smash/Sweep cooldown though. Perhaps keep that but reduce the auto-crit.

Piam
11.28.2012 , 07:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
I don't really agree with you on the Vengeance spec. It's plenty viable, but in PvP it lacks utility. Juggs in general lack utility. You have an AoE snare that's just sorta meh, a channeled stun that can be interrupted, and a single target displacement on a 1 min CD that has a delay when used so that it often tosses the target the wrong direction. AoE mezz too, but none of that is anything a Mara doesn't have on top of the extra CDs they get that Juggs lack. At least the Rage spec makes up for it's lack of utility with raw power. Vengeance is equally a 1 trick pony, only it's 1 trick takes longer to do. It's trick is steady DPS. There's not much else to it. It doesn't even have any extra roots or snares. Just some mediocre DOTs, a top level attack that's only viable because it's elemental damage, and a decent finishing move. A little extra survivability as well. There's nothing outstanding about the spec. It's great in PvE, but in PvP, Rage is always the better option.
Lacks utility, really?

AoE slow, taunts, push, AoE mez, armor debuff, and not CC'able after a leap (great for grabbing the Huttball)? Guardians/Juggs are most clutch at CC'ing for node caps, slowing down reinforcements, and carrying/grabbing the Huttball.

They have the best utility in the game, short a bubble-stun Sage.

QuietGoneJinn
11.28.2012 , 09:47 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
Maras have way too much survivability and that is the problem. They should either be the uber nukes that they are now but without the survivability or their damage potential should be cut in half. 500k dmg in wz for a melee class is an absolute joke.
They are, though. If a Mara chooses Annihilation they have great survivability but not as much crowd-controlling damage. If they choose Rage they have explosive damage but very little survivability (Yes they have the 99% damage reduction that lasts a WHOLE 4 SECONDS, which they usually only pop right before dying to get an extra shot or 2 in).

I love how ill-informed the community is about Smash. They act like all a fresh 50 has to do is select "Rage" from the specialization screen and they get 7k crits instantly with no effort whatsoever. It takes a lot gear optimization to achieve big crits. And that's against moderately equipped opponents.

fungihoujo
11.28.2012 , 09:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetideus View Post
As I read somewhere, Marauders were always powerful but became noticeable after sorc/sage nerfed.
Marauders are more gear dependent- when gear improved and more people got good gear, they got better- but early on only the few that had raced to max level really understood how good the class was.

Naturally- when ops, sorcs and mercs got the massive nerf bat- not only marauders but every class 'got better' simply by comparison.

They weren't all powerful though before 1.2- they may have been the best class even then, but not by much and they were challenging enough to play well that there were no complaints about it.

Overall the buffs they got were mostly small ones (though there were a few big ones like no interrupt ravage, removing several rage costs and of course lolsmash)- ultimately they just got several fine tuning patches... while other classes got needless nerfs.

If mercs, sorcs and ops were where they were at the beginning of the game, you'd probably have a much calmer forum... I mean, honestly- mercs got tracer missile nerfed of all things- when you talk about skills that are easy to counter, TM may be one of the easiest.

filipesantana
11.28.2012 , 09:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post
They are, though. If a Mara chooses Annihilation they have great survivability but not as much crowd-controlling damage. If they choose Rage they have explosive damage but very little survivability (Yes they have the 99% damage reduction that lasts a WHOLE 4 SECONDS, which they usually only pop right before dying to get an extra shot or 2 in).

I love how ill-informed the community is about Smash. They act like all a fresh 50 has to do is select "Rage" from the specialization screen and they get 7k crits instantly with no effort whatsoever. It takes a lot gear optimization to achieve big crits. And that's against moderately equipped opponents.
hmm..maybe 7k+...

i am full BM augemented with strgh(i have 2 pieces of WH)....respeced rage, didnt cnahge any mods or anythign in my gear..i have 72% surge...no power stacking AT ALL..and is till get crits above 6k...so..ye..not that hard..

PowerReaper
11.28.2012 , 10:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
hmm..maybe 7k+...

i am full BM augemented with strgh(i have 2 pieces of WH)....respeced rage, didnt cnahge any mods or anythign in my gear..i have 72% surge...no power stacking AT ALL..and is till get crits above 6k...so..ye..not that hard..
Smashing people with no expertise?
The Shadowlands
Warlord Syndra - 65 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 65 Jedi Sentinel

Larry_Dallas
11.28.2012 , 10:10 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by VasKur View Post

P.S.S. Lets increase the range of smash/sweep from 5m to 10m, but make it like Force Wave/Overload which consular/ inqusitor have, i mean cone range ability.
Not a half bad idea.

Givemedanger
11.28.2012 , 11:00 PM | #29
Autocrit must go people. It must go away.

KiranK
11.28.2012 , 11:13 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Piam View Post
Lacks utility, really?

AoE slow, taunts, push, AoE mez, armor debuff, and not CC'able after a leap (great for grabbing the Huttball)? Guardians/Juggs are most clutch at CC'ing for node caps, slowing down reinforcements, and carrying/grabbing the Huttball.

They have the best utility in the game, short a bubble-stun Sage.
Nothing that the Rage spec doesn't get save the anti-CC after leap. There's no extra utility going Vengeance over Rage. Rage is, hands down, the better spec. If you want a high utility melee class then you're better off rolling Assassin, Operative, or Mara, essentially anything but Juggernaut. All of them have better options than Vengeance. Vengeance's only good trick is unremitting, but that doesn't save the spec as a whole. Why do that when you can smash and grab?
There's no QQing in baseball.