Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers request

Ravenschild
11.28.2012 , 03:11 AM | #1
Snipers cant access most of their decent attacks unless in cover and can easily be pushed out of cover. Is there a possibility we can get a range increase to assist with this? Because an additional 5m is silly for a sniping rifle. If a guy using a lightsaber (which is sword length even if its a double bladed...meaning its 48 inches or so from the top of the hand) can attack from 13 feet away (4m) snipers should get at least 40m range (excluding BM and WH bonuses) to adjust. Especially with the fact that the light armor (assassins and shadows) already soaks more damage than medium armor (which is also incredibly silly) at lower levels.

OldRepublicRevan
11.28.2012 , 03:16 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravenschild View Post
Snipers cant access most of their decent attacks unless in cover and can easily be pushed out of cover. Is there a possibility we can get a range increase to assist with this? Because an additional 5m is silly for a sniping rifle. If a guy using a lightsaber (which is sword length even if its a double bladed...meaning its 48 inches or so overall) can attack from 13 feet away (4m) snipers should get at least 40m range (excluding BM and WH bonuses) to adjust. Especially with the fact that the light armor (assassins and shadows) already soaks more damage than medium armor (which is also incredibly silly) at lower levels.
It is a problem for all ranged classes not just snipers. Just because you escape the animation of the attack doesn't mean you escape the attack. Nothing can be done to fix this sadly so you are just gonna have to bite the bullet on this one. Suck it up or reroll fella.

Also 40 meter range.....? I LOL'd.

darthgamer
11.28.2012 , 03:31 AM | #3
Entrench everytime you go into cover in a large fight when off cd!!!!
I'll be the butter you'll be the popcorn

NoTomorrow
11.28.2012 , 03:36 AM | #4
Just add an extra +5 meters talent on tech abilities.
If you want an extra mmph, ambush could be made so it does not interrupt when target gets past 35 meters, but can only initiated <35 meters.

Anyway, entrench is your friend.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

glocklB
11.28.2012 , 03:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravenschild View Post
Snipers cant access most of their decent attacks unless in cover and can easily be pushed out of cover. Is there a possibility we can get a range increase to assist with this? Because an additional 5m is silly for a sniping rifle. If a guy using a lightsaber (which is sword length even if its a double bladed...meaning its 48 inches or so from the top of the hand) can attack from 13 feet away (4m) snipers should get at least 40m range (excluding BM and WH bonuses) to adjust. Especially with the fact that the light armor (assassins and shadows) already soaks more damage than medium armor (which is also incredibly silly) at lower levels.
why just 40? I would go for all 100m. Seems like enemy rangies atm can attack you back too easily
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

Ravenschild
11.30.2012 , 02:51 PM | #6
At 40m its an additional 5m increase. That puts it a 1/3 rather than 1/6 additional over a regular ranged weapon. Surprised that made people smile and laugh. I mean its not like the request is the ability to soak more damage with less armor,go stealth, have 3 times the range its supposed to have physically and be able to be immune to cc's while moving *amused*

Technohic
11.30.2012 , 03:19 PM | #7
Sniper is fine.

use entrench, cover pulse, leg shot and heavy shot if you have it.

wwkingms
11.30.2012 , 04:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Sniper is fine.

i agree, sniper dmg is very bursty and someone needs to get real close to get u out of cover..
until then u cant be charged grappled or interrupted....

as a sorc id kill to have the burst potential snipers have
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Joesixxpack
11.30.2012 , 04:26 PM | #9
I'd like add orbital strikes from WZ load screen to the wants list.
Thx.

DroidDreamer
11.30.2012 , 04:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Sniper is fine.

This. And there are other tools too.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.