Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good job Bioware!

Transcendent
11.28.2012 , 11:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
I'm having fun with SWTOR and I'm happy to keep subscribing.

keep up the good stuff Bioware, haters gonna hate, it's their own life that they make miserable with such an attitude. But I'm glad you guys at BW make my life a little better by releasing such a great game and sticking with it the way you do.
This, thanks for putting my thoughts into words. As my first MMO (I swore i'd never touch one, but caved...) i'm having fun. I'm enjoying the story, and there are as always some great players online who help out when needed. Can't fault BW for the support, for something so complex it really can't be that "simple" to keep up and running.

So i'll add my voice of thanks.

GreatGizka
11.28.2012 , 11:04 AM | #22
Well, with all the rants from entitled, spoiled kids (just before you start posting a rant on how you paid and everything should be perfect, just think of all the kids in the world who don't even know what internet is, those who harvest the cocoa to make the very chocolate bar you're eating, probably half your age or less. Or those living in warzones, you get my point, or you don't, whatever...)

Anyways, I've been playing since april-ish or so, doing mostly solo, some grouping. Bought a subscription for myself and my son (this is his first MMORPG) who is also a star wars fan.

We've been having a blast, trying out all the classes, enjoying the game.

I've been a first time subscriber of SWG which was, in my opinion, the greatest MMORPG ever (it actually changed my life in that it gave me the courage and confidence to make my own business, seeing how my virtual business was doing ingame).

I didn't have much hope in SWTOR, but got a calm period of time in my business so I decided to give it a try. Of course, it's more wow-like than swg-like, but I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to a realistic MMORPG anymore anyway.

The hybrid class system is very well designed and while I usually play tank exclusively, I found myself enjoying heal and dps as well. so well done here bioware.

The storyline is great for all classes, immersive and well designed. The legacy system is brilliant, especially for players like myself who like to build characters then start over with different classes, it makes the grind much easier and less painfull.

Space combat is definitely behind, maybe take some ideas from SWG there, SWTOR lacks the social aspect that SWG had in space (multiplayer operated spacecraft, spaceship crafting, bosses etc...)

The graphics are beautiful as well as easy on the computer

All the "little tools" are also usefull, group tool, pvp/warzone tool, the map is great.

and the game is getting better and better.

of course there are issues, but as a player for more than 25 years now (I was born just before the video game era started), I understand that such a complex piece of software, designed to work on so many and different computers is bound to have little bugs. In that regard, I admire your reactivity in addressing those.

Obviously, with the world as it is now, and as a parent myself, I can only disagree with the attitude of entitled brats, asking for perfection from others, but not even able to spell their own native language. It's not my first MMORPG so I'm used to the same rants from the same kind of people; those who don't understand that there always are two sides of everything, one good, one bad. if you focus on only seeing the bad, your life will be miserable (just like most people out there), if you do focus on the good, things are pretty nice for people like us, living in dominant countries. The fact that we can access internet, and play games with people all over the world is a miracle of technology that even the brightest minds couldn't think about just a couple of decades ago. And I'm glad the gaming industry went along with it.

SWTOR is a great MMORPG, of course it's designed for a wide audience so it's very accessible and simplistic (try eve online) but it's fun, and that's what games are all about, fun. I'm having fun with SWTOR and I'm happy to keep subscribing.

keep up the good stuff Bioware, haters gonna hate, it's their own life that they make miserable with such an attitude. But I'm glad you guys at BW make my life a little better by releasing such a great game and sticking with it the way you do.
I heartily agree. People who get so astonishingly angry about bugs and glitches need to get a grip and see that if this is your biggest problem, you've got it easy.
They're going there with their friends.

Januaria
11.28.2012 , 11:07 AM | #23
"Well, with all the rants from entitled, spoiled kids ..."

I pretty much stopped reading your post at that point.

I would recommend to you a very old book by Dr. Normal Vincent Peale, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" Starting out your comment with condescension will not win many converts.

Read that book MANY years ago -- it's timeless advice.
"In the avalanche of life I'm a special little snowflake."

Pulpp
11.28.2012 , 12:19 PM | #24
Well, with all the rants from entitled, spoiled kids (just before you start posting a rant on how you paid and everything should be perfect, just think of all the kids in the world who don't even know what internet is, those who harvest the cocoa to make the very chocolate bar you're eating, probably half your age or less. Or those living in warzones, you get my point, or you don't, whatever...)
Waaaaah! Somebody please think of the children!!

Nothing like some insulated soccer Mom coming on a game forum to say everyone is a spoiled child because someone is dying in Dafur and a toddler made our Nike's. Thanks for your 2 cents and all, but maybe come back when you're not riding high on hyperbole and become less of a rehashed caricature. lol
--
Entitled whiners don't understand the new F2P model purposefully offers a stripped down version of the game to entice people to subscribe, because polls showed people were not willing to subscribe to the full version of the game (wait...what?!).

ScarletBlaze
11.28.2012 , 12:41 PM | #25
I've been here prior to launch and have no intention of leaving. I am having fun.

Is there problems ? Yes. But there is a better way to bring that to the attention of BW. Most of the posts I have read they complain there are bugs etc but yet very few actually state what is wrong. Just stating bugs needs fixed or they need to change something without actually listing what is wrong does no good.

Yes you can say well they should know it has been mention before but it makes more sense to list the problems than just to complain for the sake of complaining.

When I see something that is wrong, I will let BW know but I also let them know what is wrong, like the ship bug so they know exactly what issue I am bringing up.

This is what should be done with a problem or a bug so they actually know what issue you are addressing. Just saying bw this or that does not help the situation.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR