Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good job Bioware!

Gomla
11.28.2012 , 06:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyJoeFriday View Post
I'm more upset if I buy a "boxed" game for the price of 3 months SWTOR subscription that I then finish in 8 hours.
Out of all the points ever raised on these forums THIS I agree with the most.

While I may not hang around sw:tor full time and only play for a month here and there I do get my months worth when I do play.

I had the misfortune of buying Dungeon Siege 3 when it was released and paid full price (39.99). Not only was it a pretty dire game it literally took me and a buddy 7 hours to complete it 100% (all side quests, the lot) and i've never played it since. For a full price game I class that as terrible.

For the 8.99 I spend here I do get my money's worth of play time. Does the game have issues? Damn right it does. Most of them I can overlook, being a fan of Bathesda games i'm used to incredible amounts of bugs.

The main reason I don't hang around MMO's (it's not just this one, it's all of them) is that I get burnt out quickly. I spent a lot of time in DAoC and did everything I possibly could in that game but now I have a wife and kids and don't get the time I once had to sit in an MMO it takes it out of me. Trying to do so much in a short space of time burns me out faster than having as much time as I want.

But I digress.

When I invest in a month of an MMO then I get that months worth. When I buy a single player game that lasts me a few hours then that irritates me to no end. It feels like a complete waste.

SWGEvictee
11.28.2012 , 07:41 AM | #12
Kudos OP. Good post.

Chugster
11.28.2012 , 08:16 AM | #13
the OP is not telling people not to complain, he is telling people not to act as if the sky is falling and BW is out to persecute them.

Anyone that cant see that is one of the people he is complaining about, now listen carefully, complaining when BW does something wrong is fine, screaming like a whiny child is not, get the difference?
A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject material but short enough to keep things interesting

ElevenBfour
11.28.2012 , 08:56 AM | #14
I"ll never understand all the haters needing to come bash the game... really I don't. If you have to say something negative, say and move on. Why stay here and continue to try and poison the game? I also will always continue to believe the minority are the ones who hate because you always see the same names popping up in the "Hate" threads.

Best MMO to play right now imo. Been having fun since headstart, no regrets, no looking back. Still excited to finish leveling my Empire toons so I can start on the Repub side.

Thanks for the great game.

Nemmar
11.28.2012 , 09:03 AM | #15
I love this game and i intend to keep playing it because i have fun playing it.

Wether it has issues, wether Bioware has abandoned it for 6 months. Aslong as the support for the game continues and i am having fun i am gonna keep playing.

Everyone who criticises the game knows the game is fun to play. It was content and optimisation/bug fixing that was lacking. They want to punish Bioware for it and i can understand that, but they should also understand that that stance is aimed at killing the game, and i as someone who loves this game and wants it to carry on realizing its potencial will continue to support it.
This is the only MMORPG EVER in wich i like every kind of content. PvE, PvP, crafting (wich i dislike on every other MMORPG) or mini-games. I struggle to find something i dont enjoy in this game. The only thing i can find are the bugs.

Weirdgus
11.28.2012 , 09:09 AM | #16
Awesome OP, I agree wholeheartedly, good job Bioware!

6 months recurring subscription ftw!

Zanriel
11.28.2012 , 09:18 AM | #17
It's the best non-fantasy MMO out there right now, in my opinion. If you took all the best features of every MMO and combined them into one game, then sure, this game would fall far short. I think a lot of the complaining comes from the extremely high hopes and expectations people have from this company, and this particular setting. It's a Star Wars MMO released in 2011... People think it should be at least as good as any other game that has come before it, and certainly better than Star Wars Galaxies. It certainly is better in some ways, at least on par in most ways, and misses the mark here and there.

I want this game to succeed. I love the Old Republic setting, and there's a lot about this game that really stands out in my book. I just came back after my other favorite MMO (City of Heroes) was announced it was shutting down. Looking around, I couldn't find anything that offered any kind of decent gameplay that wasn't based on medieval fantasy, and I'm honestly burnt out on that genre. This is fresh. It's sci-fi, it's mystical, it's Star Wars.

Long live SWTOR!

Helig
11.28.2012 , 09:40 AM | #18
SWToR is good. But it could be so much better. It had (still has) so much potential if only BW were quicker and bolder in terms of expanding the game. There's so much to do in the Star Wars universe that has nothing to do with traditional raids and canned PvP. Podracing competitions, open space/Freelancer-style game "layer" that could also be expanded to constitute a separate playing field, more layers of economy (not saying it should emulate Eve, but the current economy is rather... simplistic). Trade zones, government taxes, something of a stock-market (that would deal with goods that are of no use to players but boost the simulated economy of whole planets). So much more fun could be done with economy in Star Wars, with Republic, Empire and the Hutt Cartel...

I want a Star Wars universe, but now I have a Star Wars themepark on rails.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Urael
11.28.2012 , 10:02 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
Well, with all the rants from entitled, spoiled kids (just before you start posting a rant on how you paid and everything should be perfect, just think of all the kids in the world who don't even know what internet is, those who harvest the cocoa to make the very chocolate bar you're eating, probably half your age or less. Or those living in warzones, you get my point, or you don't, whatever...)
Stopped reading here.

OP do you realize that with your prelude you invalidated your entire post due to hypocracy and irony?

hadoq
11.28.2012 , 10:54 AM | #20
fair enough, you got a good point here, I'll do just that.

anyway, I still think Bioware did a great job, maybe I'll play their game for a while and have fun

FYI, it's actually my job to play with a yoyo (youtube link for those who are curious), that's what pays for my subscription and other stuff.
blackhop - yoyo lifestyle