Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you think Taris is enjoyable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Do you think Taris is enjoyable?

Projawa
11.28.2012 , 03:51 PM | #11
I like how Republic Taris is daytime while it's nighttime on the Imp side. I don't mind doing either: 6.5/10

Anysao
11.28.2012 , 10:24 PM | #12
I loved Taris. When I first did it at game launch I thought: "ok, swamp with Rakghoul's. cool." Then when I returned to the republic on a new character, I swore to level him quickly but enjoyably. So I did ALL Taris missions, and I loved the story of it: helping people rebuild Taris, it was the first planet I did all heroics and missions, I even solod my last heroic. Maybe it's just my inner KOTOR fanboy, but I did love the story to the promised ones. I nearly cried when i learned they all died out.
What I did love though, was my last mission of the entire planet, (besides said heroic) was that Someone needed help, and I chose the option: "let me guess, Rakghouls" and I was just thinking that in my head. Fit perfectly. This character was a Jedi guardian, when i did my operative, I was shocked there were so many connections between imperial and republic Taris (usually the imperials going to republic mission areas, and undoing what they started), and even the class stories were connected.

To rap it up: I loved Taris. But it was long, I only redid my favorite missions, like the endar spire and the Rakghoul vaccine.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

happysister
11.28.2012 , 10:42 PM | #13
at first the planet was annoying, but after leveling many alts the planet grew on me.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

swtonewbie
11.29.2012 , 06:37 AM | #14
On Imperial side Taris is ok, but on Republic side i cannot stand Taris, I hate it sooooo much on Rep. And the main reason is Rakghouls. The republics start you out early on escalating kill missions. By this i mean in Coruscant there are a lot of kill 15 black sun then kill 45 black sun. Ord Mantell has you killing 50 of them in the stronghold. Even though you will kill 50 just to get to the objectives, 50 is still a rediculous amount.

But back to Taris...i actually added up the number of Rakghouls you had to kill for all mission objectives. Regular bonus objectives, bonus series and so on. It wasnt even an estimate...i had done Taris so many times on my Rep toons that i had every mission memorized at the time i did the count which was a few months ago. I came up with like 400 something Rakghouls that you had to kill. Like i said i did the count 4 months ago when i knew exactly how many i had to kill and i had a accurate number. But now i just know it was above 400...or maybe above 200, but i'm pretty sure it was 400 something.
I'm not really a noob...

LegendaryBlade
11.29.2012 , 07:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by swtonewbie View Post
On Imperial side Taris is ok, but on Republic side i cannot stand Taris, I hate it sooooo much on Rep. And the main reason is Rakghouls. The republics start you out early on escalating kill missions. By this i mean in Coruscant there are a lot of kill 15 black sun then kill 45 black sun. Ord Mantell has you killing 50 of them in the stronghold. Even though you will kill 50 just to get to the objectives, 50 is still a rediculous amount.

But back to Taris...i actually added up the number of Rakghouls you had to kill for all mission objectives. Regular bonus objectives, bonus series and so on. It wasnt even an estimate...i had done Taris so many times on my Rep toons that i had every mission memorized at the time i did the count which was a few months ago. I came up with like 400 something Rakghouls that you had to kill. Like i said i did the count 4 months ago when i knew exactly how many i had to kill and i had a accurate number. But now i just know it was above 400...or maybe above 200, but i'm pretty sure it was 400 something.
That's not even counting all the ones you have to kill when just trying to get around because you get a biiit to close to an aggro group
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

DarthEccen
11.29.2012 , 09:20 AM | #16
Taris isn't bad if its your first time going there. It gets old after the third or fourth playthrough, though.

Erethrian
11.30.2012 , 02:02 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEccen View Post
Taris isn't bad if its your first time going there. It gets old after the third or fourth playthrough, though.
I went through Taris twice with imperial classes and I know I wouldn't like a third time by now. But, playing as a jedi consular at this time I must say I'm starting to think it's quite well done (not talking about the paths obviously, but about the story and quests lines), but I can just say this because Taris in the republic side is somewhat different than the imperial one. If they'd have done Taris the same for both factions I'd be hating it atm.

chuixupu
11.30.2012 , 01:39 PM | #18
I've done it on both factions and I'm really not fond of it. I thought the Thana Vesh stuff on the Imperial side was funny, but other than that I just wanted to get off the darn rock.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

bahdasz
11.30.2012 , 01:51 PM | #19
H8 Taris. The end.

Mistress_Ivi
11.30.2012 , 04:00 PM | #20
It's a trashed planet, rahghouls and other things realtively annoying.

The pathing of the speeders and how the map lights up the wrong stuff is just plain annoying. Plot wise and general access - both versions of Balmorra is preffered.

However, the really REALLY bright morning lighting on the Republic hurts. Although accurate to the normal light levels of KOTOR 1's version of the plenet. I enjoy the dusk setting way more.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!