Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Coin Cards?

Vithalor
11.27.2012 , 03:08 PM | #1
Hopefully someone can have some definitive information on these illusive cards.

Today, my guild leader went to Best Buy seeking one of the 19.99$ Cartel Coin cards that were briefly advertised. For that price the customer would be getting 2400 Cartel Coins and a special Arctic Manka Lynx mini pet, (from Best Buy), or, if you purchased the card from Gamestop, it was the 2400 Cartel Coins and a Lobelode,(sp?) mini pet.

When my GL reached Best Buy and inquired about the cards, they were told that no one at Best Buy had heard anything about these cards, nor had they ever sold any. It was puzzling.

I just got off the phone with my local GameStop, and I was told by the manager there that apparently these Cartel Coins were only sold the DAY THAT SWTOR WENT FREE TO PLAY, and never again, that apparently the Cards were some sort 'limited time' deal. That once sold on the day of F2P launch, that would be the LAST time they were sold, period.

So basically GameStop is telling customers that if you did NOT buy these cards on the DAY of launch, you would never again be able to get them.

I doubt that this is true, as it would be EXTREMELY poor marketing judgement. Most people did not even find out about the existence of these cards until over a week AFTER the launch of F2P, making it too little, too late.

Bioware stands to make a killing off these cards. Yet, I hate to say it, they'll never get their money if they don't make the cards ACCESSIBLE and EDUCATE the vendors dealing out the cards, AKA, Best Buy and GameStop. I myself had planned to buy two of them. My guild leader was planning to buy three. That's a hundred dollars in profits right now that Bioware is NOT going to get.

I'm making this post in hopes that SOMEONE who is in the know on this matter can give us some REAL, SOLID information on these cards, whether or not they are TRULY, still available or not, and WHERE we can buy them, RELIABLY.

Thanks in advance.

Roizel
11.27.2012 , 03:37 PM | #2
Same. I went to Best Buy and tehy knew nothing about them and then went to EB Games which is owned by Game stop and they also had no idea what I was talking about. So please any info at all would be great. I have tried 2 credit cards and my wifes Pay Pal account and none were accepted with the " There has been error processing your request. Please try again later. I have been trying since the cartel market opened.

Valethar
11.27.2012 , 04:16 PM | #3
They can't even educate CSR's on how to properly respond to tickets. I'm not particularly optimistic that they can properly educate their partners/vendors on how to promote and/or sell their products.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

LtGeneralGezlin
11.27.2012 , 08:05 PM | #4
It sounds like it from this (http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...play-launching) that they won't be out until around the time for Christmas. I already plan on getting both, because I am addicted to getting the minipets.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Andryah
11.29.2012 , 02:43 PM | #5
Took a while for GW2 gem cards to get into the market as well, so I don't expect to see any for at least a month.

Besides, EA sells general purpose cards, that can be used to buy coins... so they probably do not see any urgency. But again, reality =/= what the Bioware web site says..so they need to fix that.

The only reason I want the Best Buy sourced card is it appears to include a pet and I collect pets.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

JaeOnasi
11.29.2012 , 05:36 PM | #6
I've called both Best Buy and GameStop, and they don't have the cards in their system (yet).
Staff Writer for TORWars.com My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom

Our Guild: The Older Republic on The Shadowlands because Older People definitely know how to have more fun!

Kullar
11.30.2012 , 08:09 PM | #7
Soon, players in North America will be able to purchase Cartel Coin Cards at BestBuy and GameStop. Please see this FAQ for more information.
We hope to make Cartel Coin Cards available for purchase through more retailers and in more territories soon. Please visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for updates.

I saw this a few days ago, but the "Soon" wasn't there at the time. Another typo on the part of BW apparently.
Found it through the Support section and searched "cartel coin cards."
"Are ya gonna do somethin' or just stand there and bleed?"

Valethar
12.15.2012 , 02:07 PM | #8
So any update on this BioWare? Christmas is getting closer, and these would make good stocking stuffers. You're about to miss the train.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

DarthMegu
12.17.2012 , 05:25 PM | #9
Yep, BioWare will probably not release anything but updates until next year. :| Which means that they're more than likely going to miss out on several hundreds of potential sales. The longer they wait, the more sales they will lose on this endeavor.

So my question is this: What does soon mean to BioWare? Does this mean Christmas? Does it mean New Years? Does it mean next year? What? I mean, your screwing over the very customers that are keeping you in business when you give vague answers and then allow misleading info to get out when nobody else knows what's going on... Yea... Real smart PR to just remain silent like that.

But... I have hopes that when they say soon, that they mean soon... So maybe within the next few days/weeks they'll be out... At least in North America... and they'll get the online purchasing sorted... I hope.

Valethar
12.17.2012 , 05:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMegu View Post

So my question is this: What does soon mean to BioWare?
Soon™ is a BioWare trademarked phrase that means 'we don't have any idea, but just to get you to shut up, we'll dangle a meaningless shred of hope in front of you and pray that someone here will figure it out before you all catch on'.

Generally, after the dreaded and much abused Soon™ is used, any attempts to get further clarification are ignored.