Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smash/Focus tree.

LastWizard
11.27.2012 , 03:03 PM | #1
I posted about how I thought this spec was OP, and how I wanted it to change. However before I complained I should have tried the tree for myself and see if changes were required. I ran my marauder and jugg smash for 30-40 games each. I realize that while I believe the spec is cheap it's pretty fair and only slight nerfs should be done. For marauders, undying rage cd should be changed. 45 seconds is much too low. Juggs I'm still not sure of but I may find something later. However my point is this, try the spec out before you criticize and call for nerfs. I was brash and immediately called for nerfs because I struggled with combatting it. Learn about the tree, realize it's weaknesses and strengths of it. Took me awhile to get my head out of my ***** but I finally did. Everybody else complaining about the tree, I suggest you do the same before you complain.

filipesantana
11.27.2012 , 03:05 PM | #2
IMO it should only be removed because it requires close to no skill and it's a boring 3 button tspec..don't think it's op(I'm a vengeance jugg)

L-RANDLE
11.27.2012 , 03:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
IMO it should only be removed because it requires close to no skill and it's a boring 3 button tspec..don't think it's op(I'm a vengeance jugg)
So people running Rage don't use scream, Rav or VS?

LOL yeah veng is so "unboring"
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

UberDuberSoldat
11.27.2012 , 03:18 PM | #4
Sorry kid, vengeance is a terrible spec that only works in pugs for 1v1 scenarios. Completely useless in RWZ because other classes have better 1v1 ability.

Additionally, if you're only using "3 buttons" for rage you're doing it wrong
Darth Soldåt - Juggernaut Soldät - Powertech Darth Sôldat - Assassin

L-RANDLE
11.27.2012 , 03:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post

That's what I said....

Invictusthetaru
11.27.2012 , 03:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
Sorry kid, vengeance is a terrible spec that only works in pugs for 1v1 scenarios. Completely useless in RWZ because other classes have better 1v1 ability.

I'll disagree here. I think veng / vig is completely viable, especially with everyone and their mom running bubble stun spec. Staying on target they can rival carnage burst and with an auto crit dispatch they are the best finishers in the game.

My group runs with a vig guardian all the time, and he more than does his job.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

L-RANDLE
11.27.2012 , 03:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictusthetaru View Post
I'll disagree here. I think veng / vig is completely viable, especially with everyone and their mom running bubble stun spec. Staying on target they can rival carnage burst and with an auto crit dispatch they are the best finishers in the game.

My group runs with a vig guardian all the time, and he more than does his job.
Um..... Well... 44% crit chance dispatch says hi...

I do think its viable still, but saying Rage is a three button mash is just.... dumb.... I mean I am still undecided on whether smash/sweep is actually applying its damage to the enemy's HP.... I feel WAY more confident in a Blade Storm/Dispatch scenario...

Invictusthetaru
11.27.2012 , 03:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Um..... Well... 44% crit chance dispatch says hi...

I do think its viable still, but saying Rage is a three button mash is just.... dumb.... I mean I am still undecided on whether smash/sweep is actually applying its damage to the enemy's HP.... I feel WAY more confident in a Blade Storm/Dispatch scenario...
No class is a 3 button class when played properly, I was disagreeing with his vigilance / vengeance spec opinion.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

PoliteAssasin
11.27.2012 , 04:06 PM | #9
Undying Rage is not on a 45 second cooldown. It's been nerfed enough as it is as well. Quit whinin about UR when shadows and assassins have an ability that lasts 5 seconds, like UR is before the nerf, and makes the targe immune to cc's and damage for a lot of specs no cant do anything to them during that period at all. At least you can cc through UR.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

PowerReaper
11.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #10
Vengeance is just as boring.
The Shadowlands
Warlord Syndra - 65 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 65 Jedi Sentinel