Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

Airmo's Avatar


Airmo
11.29.2012 , 08:44 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Scelestus View Post
Impatient or not, I doubt Revan is foolish enough to assault an unwinnable objective like Malachor V.

The only plausible reason for doing so that I have seen stated thus far is that it is in the Kaggath rules. Except, where in the rules does it say *Revan* is the one who has to make the suicidal attack? If Revan plays Traya's game of sitting and waiting, shouldn't *she* also be obligated by the rules to try and attack him?

Since these characters would both have to be incredibly stupid to attack the other's position in this circumstance, the only thing that can determine victory is a direct statement from the OP sending one or the other to their doom. Since the OP is supposed to be impartial, any such statement ruins the Kaggath.

I don't think there is any *real* winner here.

EDIT:
Alternatively, they both win

That said, up until the end here, this was really fun
I...agree.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 08:45 PM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Scelestus View Post
Impatient or not, I doubt Revan is foolish enough to assault an unwinnable objective like Malachor V.

The only plausible reason for doing so that I have seen stated thus far is that it is in the Kaggath rules. Except, where in the rules does it say *Revan* is the one who has to make the suicidal attack? If Revan plays Traya's game of sitting and waiting, shouldn't *she* also be obligated by the rules to try and attack him?

Since these characters would both have to be incredibly stupid to attack the other's position in this circumstance, the only thing that can determine victory is a direct statement from the OP sending one or the other to their doom. Since the OP is supposed to be impartial, any such statement ruins the Kaggath.

I don't think there is any *real* winner here.

That said, up until the end here, this was really fun
This has been a great debate and not a flame war (although someone did make a useless personal attack against me).

I would just like to note that Traya can't engage Revan because she has no means of escaping Malachor. She's trapped there and since the rules of the Kaggath state that someone has to die, Revan has to go to her. While in a "real world" situation, Revan could just leave and let Traya die there. The rules state that this is a battle and such an ending doesn't make for a Kaggath. Since this is a Kaggath, they have to fight or someone has to surrender. Neither of them are going to surrender so they have to fight. And since Traya can't leave Malachor, Revan has to go to her.

Anyway, great debate with you all. I'm surprised this didn't erupt into a flame war like any other Revan thread.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 08:47 PM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
This has been a great debate and not a flame war (although someone did make a useless personal attack against me).

I would just like to note that Traya can't engage Revan because she has no means of escaping Malachor. She's trapped there and since the rules of the Kaggath state that someone has to die, Revan has to go to her. While in a "real world" situation, Revan could just leave and let Traya die there. The rules state that this is a battle and such an ending doesn't make for a Kaggath. Since this is a Kaggath, they have to fight or someone has to surrender. Neither of them are going to surrender so they have to fight. And since Traya can't leave Malachor, Revan has to go to her.

Anyway, great debate with you all. I'm surprised this didn't erupt into a flame war like any other Revan thread.
Yes! It has been a epic battle of wits hasn't it?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 08:47 PM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
Where in the rules does it say they have to die in battle? =/
One of the rules says "no surrender, fight to the death"

Fight implies a battle. So... yeah.

Anyway, good debate all. Can't wait for the next one!
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 08:48 PM | #295
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Yes! It has been a epic battle of wits hasn't it?
Indeed it has. This debate, combined with my Kreia thread has given me a greater appreciation for Kreia's character.

It was also quite fun to match my wits with the majority of the community.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Darth_Scelestus's Avatar


Darth_Scelestus
11.29.2012 , 08:50 PM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Anyway, great debate with you all. I'm surprised this didn't erupt into a flame war like any other Revan thread.
0.o there have been no flames?? In a REVAN thread?!?!

QUICK! Restore balance to the Interntz!!

FLAME FLAME FLAME!!

...I just set myself on fire. Dang.

Airmo's Avatar


Airmo
11.29.2012 , 08:50 PM | #297
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
This has been a great debate and not a flame war (although someone did make a useless personal attack against me).

I would just like to note that Traya can't engage Revan because she has no means of escaping Malachor. She's trapped there and since the rules of the Kaggath state that someone has to die, Revan has to go to her. While in a "real world" situation, Revan could just leave and let Traya die there. The rules state that this is a battle and such an ending doesn't make for a Kaggath. Since this is a Kaggath, they have to fight or someone has to surrender. Neither of them are going to surrender so they have to fight. And since Traya can't leave Malachor, Revan has to go to her.

Anyway, great debate with you all. I'm surprised this didn't erupt into a flame war like any other Revan thread.
The rules of this Kaggath say no surrender, they say nothing about them having to fight eachother in one on one combat to the death. I don't really think it matters if Revan leaving Kreia to die would make a good Kaggath anyway, considering this Revan is a Jedi and a Kaggath is between sith.

And this has been a great read.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 08:54 PM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
The rules of this Kaggath say no surrender, they say nothing about them having to fight eachother to the death. I don't really think it matters if Revan leaving Kreia to die would make a good Kaggath anyway, considering this Revan is a Jedi and a Kaggath is between sith.

And this has been a great read.
Technically, the rules say "fight to the death!"

Doesn't matter. This is one of the few Revan threads that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Mainly because flaming was kept to a minimum. Though there was that one instance of a pathetic attempt to bash me, but that's in the past.

Anyway, looking forward to the next one. I'm hoping we see Naga Sadow in a future battle. What do you all think?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 08:56 PM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Scelestus View Post
0.o there have been no flames?? In a REVAN thread?!?!

QUICK! Restore balance to the Interntz!!

FLAME FLAME FLAME!!

...I just set myself on fire. Dang.
Someone put him out!
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Airmo's Avatar


Airmo
11.29.2012 , 08:57 PM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Technically, the rules say "fight to the death!"

Doesn't matter. This is one of the few Revan threads that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Mainly because flaming was kept to a minimum. Though there was that one instance of a pathetic attempt to bash me, but that's in the past.

Anyway, looking forward to the next one. I'm hoping we see Naga Sadow in a future battle. What do you all think?
Yeessss...but they did fight! in the space battle.."fight which implies battle" Revan just doesn't have to deliver the killing blow. ..NOW I AM FINISHED. lol

I think we should see Han Solo vs Deadeye Duncan.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."