Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 08:18 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
In a Kaggath you don't have to kill the other person, its until death or surrender so unless we are changing the rules of a Kaggath all Revan has to do is wait her out on the planet filled with a bunch of sith with nowhere to go.
I doubt Traya would surrender, I doubt Revan would surrender. If neither of them surrender, what do we do? If surrender isn't an option and Revan won't confront Traya, he has forfeited. Traya has set up the perfect scenario for victory. If Revan refuses to follow the rules of the Kaggath, he forfeits.

Why don't we wait to see how Beni has decided things? He said that he was impartial so I assume he has made a decision after considering all of the angles.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Airmo
11.29.2012 , 08:21 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I doubt Traya would surrender, I doubt Revan would surrender. If neither of them surrender, what do we do? If surrender isn't an option and Revan won't confront Traya, he has forfeited. Traya has set up the perfect scenario for victory. If Revan refuses to follow the rules of the Kaggath, he forfeits.

Why don't we wait to see how Beni has decided things? He said that he was impartial so I assume he has made a decision after considering all of the angles.
Except Revan waiting for them all to die? Why waste his men when they have no way of leaving the planet? Even if the victor has already been decided there's no harm in keeping it going.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 08:23 PM | #283
Except Revan waiting for them all to die? Why waste his men when they have no way of leaving the planet? Even if the victor has already been decided there's no harm in keeping it going.
Revan's gonna have to sit there for a long time. The Dark energies of Malachor will sustain them for a long time. How long do you think Revan will sit there waiting? Waiting isn't in his character. The Mandalorian Wars are proof of that.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Airmo
11.29.2012 , 08:25 PM | #284
Revan's gonna have to sit there for a long time. The Dark energies of Malachor will sustain them for a long time. How long do you think Revan will sit there waiting? Waiting isn't in his character. The Mandalorian Wars are proof of that.
The Mando wars were different, the Mando's were slaughtering people, stranded on Malachor Kreia is of no harm to anyone. And I doubt even with the help of Malachor they could be sustained forever.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 08:29 PM | #285
The Mando wars were different, the Mando's were slaughtering people, stranded on Malachor Kreia is of no harm to anyone. And I doubt even with the help of Malachor they could be sustained forever.
Forever is a long time indeed. However, it would sustain them long enough for Revan to lose patience. How long can Traya and her forces last? I don't know, but we have reached an impasse. This stand-off could go on for a long time.

Airmo
11.29.2012 , 08:34 PM | #286
Forever is a long time indeed. However, it would sustain them long enough for Revan to lose patience. How long can Traya and her forces last? I don't know, but we have reached an impasse. This stand-off could go on for a long time.
Not like Revan will just sit there above Malachor the whole time, with Kreia's fleet gone all of her forces are stranded she can't go anywhere. Heck he could just send out a message for anyone to leave the planet alone or restrict it and say because "the Republic said so" and leave. How will they get off planet and win? with the MSG effect all over the planet they can't expect a pick up. Her fortress is now a prison.

Aurbere
11.29.2012 , 08:38 PM | #287
Not like Revan will just sit there above Malachor the whole time, with Kreia's fleet gone all of her forces are stranded she can't go anywhere. Heck he could just send out a message for anyone to leave the planet alone or restrict it and say because "the Republic said so" and leave. How will they get off planet and win? with the MSG effect all over the planet they can't expect a pick up. Her fortress is now a prison.
True, she has imprisoned herself there. But the rules say one of them has to die in battle. In any other scenario, Revan could gain victory by doing that, but here, they must engage each other. Which means we have an impasse... again.

Darth_Scelestus
11.29.2012 , 08:40 PM | #288
Impatient or not, I doubt Revan is foolish enough to assault an unwinnable objective like Malachor V.

The only plausible reason for doing so that I have seen stated thus far is that it is in the Kaggath rules. Except, where in the rules does it say *Revan* is the one who has to make the suicidal attack? If Revan plays Traya's game of sitting and waiting, shouldn't *she* also be obligated by the rules to try and attack him?

Since these characters would both have to be incredibly stupid to attack the other's position in this circumstance, the only thing that can determine victory is a direct statement from the OP sending one or the other to their doom. Since the OP is supposed to be impartial, any such statement ruins the Kaggath.

I don't think there is any *real* winner here.

EDIT:
Alternatively, they both win

That said, up until the end here, this was really fun

GarfieldJL
11.29.2012 , 08:41 PM | #289
Revan could also quarentine the planet until Kreia dies of old age, even if she didn't surrender the end result would be he wins.

Airmo
11.29.2012 , 08:42 PM | #290
True, she has imprisoned herself there. But the rules say one of them has to die in battle. In any other scenario, Revan could gain victory by doing that, but here, they must engage each other. Which means we have an impasse... again.
Where in the rules does it say they have to die in battle? =/