Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

MasterMe
11.28.2012 , 05:05 PM | #211
WE WANT A STALEMATE!

Seriously; is it not the most logical thing to do? Revan would send a strike team to Malachor, and find that attacking is utterly useless. A stalemate is the most likely outcome.

Beni: I'm begging you man! Please reconsider!

Aurbere
11.28.2012 , 05:07 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
He has to go to Malachor because Beni says so.

But I would agree with him to an extent. It is likely that Revan would end up being having to attack Malachor V. Or, you know, he could just leave and wait for her to come out. But there are endless scenarios for what could happen there, so I would rather not get into it. I just don't see Traya leaving her stronghold.

WAIT! Couldn't this end in a stalemate? Revan is too clever to attack Malachor, and Traya is too clever to leave Malachor. I vote for a stalemate!
I don't think a stalemate would be possible. Remember that Revan is patriotic, so all Traya has to do is do something that will make Revan come to her. She has to pose enough of a threat for Revan to attack. This is entirely possible. She could assassinate one of his most loyal followers, or sabotage some of his ships. She has to pose enough of a threat that will force Revan to attack her.

While a stalemate could happen (unlikely), I don't see it happening. Revan could think he is forcing a stalemate, but really setting himself up for a systematic attack from Traya's Assassins.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

VigDiath
11.28.2012 , 05:08 PM | #213
Put it to a vote. Add a poll and whoever wins wins.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

MasterMe
11.28.2012 , 05:16 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Put it to a vote. Add a poll and whoever wins wins.
Although I think a voting system would mean victory for Revan, I'm skeptical.

Aurbere
11.28.2012 , 05:19 PM | #215
Although I think a voting system would mean victory for Revan, I'm skeptical.
It depends on how many fanboys vote

We can only real solve this by a debate. We've both laid out our cards. So we let Beni decide.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
11.28.2012 , 05:21 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't think a stalemate would be possible. Remember that Revan is patriotic, so all Traya has to do is do something that will make Revan come to her. She has to pose enough of a threat for Revan to attack. This is entirely possible. She could assassinate one of his most loyal followers, or sabotage some of his ships. She has to pose enough of a threat that will force Revan to attack her.

While a stalemate could happen (unlikely), I don't see it happening. Revan could think he is forcing a stalemate, but really setting himself up for a systematic attack from Traya's Assassins.
But Revan knows Traya very well. I'm sure he's had time to duel with her and play dejarik with her. He'd see such a plan coming.

Also, in this scenario, the assassins aren't gonna do much good.

Could Revan not trick her into such a manuever? Also; you've yet to explain to me why Revan can't chuck ships at Malachor.

Stalemate!

MasterMe
11.28.2012 , 05:22 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It depends on how many fanboys vote

We can only real solve this by a debate. We've both laid out our cards. So we let Beni decide.
Oh common now! lol Beni made his decision well before the debating took place! lol I'm kidding.

MasterMe
11.28.2012 , 05:23 PM | #218
Yeah... Beni should decide.

Aurbere
11.28.2012 , 05:25 PM | #219
Yeah... Beni should decide.
He's seen both sides of the argument. We can only wait for him to announce the victor.

Look at it this way: no matter who loses, if Beni goes with our losers and winners brackets, we will see them return for another battle.

Airmo
11.28.2012 , 06:17 PM | #220
The odd's were stacked against Revan from the start of this match to be honest. Any other version of Revan would have a much better chance of winning, especially Darth Revan from the JCW.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."