Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

Darth_Scelestus's Avatar


Darth_Scelestus
11.28.2012 , 10:06 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post

Also to settle the above post's point, the Ravager wasn't under Revan's command, at all, it was Saul Karath's flagship, who didn't become Revan's subordinate until he betrayed the Republic and joined the splinter Sith Empire, he doesn't even follow Revan into the unknown regions, he remains a Rear Admiral in the Republic Navy.

It was only seen at Dxun and then Malachor V where it was 'destroyed' and Karath took up the Leviathan.
My mistake. I had assumed that, as the Ravager was part of the Republic fleet that fought the Mandos, it was under Revan's command (the Revan Wookieepedia article [I know, I know, not the best source] says Revan took "overall command of the Republic's war effort.").

EDIT: Ah, thanks for the clarification on this matter OP

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.28.2012 , 10:29 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THE RAVAGER IS OFFICIALLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS BATTLE

Reason: No Nihilus, no Ravager - it's a ghost ship and would fall apart with out him. Traya having the Ravager would be an unfair representation of her power base, as she has no power to keep the Ravager intact. By resurrecting the Ravager the ship became part of Nihilus's power base exclusively, as technically it is an extension of his abilities.

That is all.
Then Traya loses any space battle, the Ravager would be the SSD of this situation, without it even the Interdictor warship wouldn't be a good enough match to face off numerous Hammerheads.

That disqualification basically loses her the most important scenario of the war, her fleets being able to face off against other similar size fleets in guerilla attacks, personally I don't see it as fair at all, it was already hard enough to put across the Sith winning without Nihilus and Sion, now we don't even get their best ship.

I think this is my leaving point.

Airmo's Avatar


Airmo
11.28.2012 , 10:34 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Then Traya loses any space battle, the Ravager would be the SSD of this situation, without it even the Interdictor warship wouldn't be a good enough match to face off numerous Hammerheads.

That disqualification basically loses her the most important scenario of the war, her fleets being able to face off against other similar size fleets in guerilla attacks, personally I don't see it as fair at all, it was already hard enough to put across the Sith winning without Nihilus and Sion, now we don't even get their best ship.

I think this is my leaving point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLIt...tailpage#t=48s

I kid I kid..
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.28.2012 , 10:37 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
It is simply an unbalanced battle, an entirely unbalanced battle, now it just got even more unbalanced to the point of not bothering, Revan's forces now dominate any space engagements, practically handing him the war.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.28.2012 , 10:40 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THE RAVAGER IS OFFICIALLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS BATTLE

Reason: No Nihilus, no Ravager - it's a ghost ship and would fall apart with out him. Traya having the Ravager would be an unfair representation of her power base, as she has no power to keep the Ravager intact. By resurrecting the Ravager the ship became part of Nihilus's power base exclusively, as technically it is an extension of his abilities.

That is all.
Well that's no good. The Ravager was the only ship keeping Traya in the space game. Without it, she can only maintain guerilla attacks for so long. Now Traya has to adapt to the situation, this means more assassins and deception.

It is possible, but you may have just handed Revan the victory on this one.
Added Chapter 55 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.28.2012 , 10:42 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Then Traya loses any space battle, the Ravager would be the SSD of this situation, without it even the Interdictor warship wouldn't be a good enough match to face off numerous Hammerheads.

That disqualification basically loses her the most important scenario of the war, her fleets being able to face off against other similar size fleets in guerilla attacks, personally I don't see it as fair at all, it was already hard enough to put across the Sith winning without Nihilus and Sion, now we don't even get their best ship.

I think this is my leaving point.
You see, with or without the Ravager, Revan wins in legit battle. This is due to three things:
1. He's got more ships the Traya
2. He's a significantly better commander when it comes to legit battles.
3. In a long war, the Republic is gonna be able to produce a LOT more ships then Traya's empire. This furthers reason 1.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.28.2012 , 10:43 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
It is simply an unbalanced battle, an entirely unbalanced battle, now it just got even more unbalanced to the point of not bothering, Revan's forces now dominate any space engagements, practically handing him the war.
Yup. That's what I've been saying all along.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.28.2012 , 10:48 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Yup. That's what I've been saying all along.
I don't think you get it, the Ravager's armada could go all over the place and wreck Revan's fleet piece by piece, add that to the assassins taking over ships here there and everywhere, Revan's fleet dwindles.

Oh and Revan doesn't get reinforcements, that's against the Kaggath, what he currently has is all he is getting, which is his fleet, he is not getting outside aid.

Traya can simply make things worse and worse for Revan who has to single-handedly control a third of the Republic fleet all at once.

You got it yet? that is how the Triumvirate could win the space battles.

But when you get rid of the Ravager, you have taken away the mainstay for the Sith and now only Interdictors are left.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.28.2012 , 10:53 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Yup. That's what I've been saying all along.
The battle is completely unbalanced now. The loss of Sion and Nihilus cut the Triumvirate's power by roughly 2/3. The loss of the Ravager brings it down to about 1/8. It was the SSD of its time. Without it, Traya's forces lose badly.

The assassins can still do something, but the Triumvirate has lost its biggest hitters. The loss of Revan's generals only removed 2/3 of the Republic fleet. He still had more forces than the Triumvirate. The Ravager would have made up for that easy. Without the Ravager, Traya loses.
Added Chapter 55 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.28.2012 , 10:59 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by pbajnokl View Post
(and don't read what aurbere say... no matter who are against Revan... Revan would loose always... Revan vs Wampa? " Aurbere: Wampa because I hate Revan and because how there you think otherwise?!"
It's like people's forum lives are to hate on me.

How amusing.
Added Chapter 55 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus