Patch competely broke all companions - GREAT STUFF BIOWARE

Nanglez

All of my companions have under 10k Health? And the old 're-equip gear' trick is undone the moment you mount/dismount/desummon/zone in to another area.

So basically companions were made useless last patch. Awesome

-EDIT-

IF YOU DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING

=

GEAR REVERTS TO BEING 'NON EXISTENT'

- Take an elevator

- Summon a different companion

- When a companion returns from crew skill

- Desummon and resummon same companion.

- Start a quest

- Mount/dismount

- Send your companion to sell inventory junk

- Using your holocommunicator

- Using Rocketboost

- Using Quicktravel

- Using Priority Transport/fleet

- Getting knocked off speeder throws you in to combat and therefore cannot gear switch = usually means you die or run away clinging for life.

- Using any of the hangar elevators on fleet.

Yeeeh totally not gamebreaking to have to re-equip gear any time you do any of the above.

-EDIT 2- [Nearly 12 hours later]

First and 2nd response -

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reports, I was able to confirm this on my own character as well, so I have forwarded on all the details to the relevant department to get this looked into.

We will keep you updated once we know more.

Thanks.

AmberGreen a community manager posted this:

There is currently an issue with companion stats not working properly with their equipped gear. This occurs whenever a companion is summoned after being dismissed. As a workaround to this, please unequip all gear on your companion, and then re-equip all of their gear again in order to get their proper stats back. You will need to do this whenever you summon your companion.

Please know that this is a priority issue for us and that we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Edited by Nanglez

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While my companions do not have the best gear available, I instantly noticed it when Quinn was doing lowbie heals to me. Companions are utterly useless now.

A quote from another post I made

After the recent update, or maintenance, companions simply ignore the gear you have outfitted them with - Making them utterly useless.

1) Summon companion and look at their stats. It's pretty obvious they do not use the gear.

2) Re-fit your companion and the stats increase like they're supposed to.

3) Enter a loading screen or summon again and it's back to base stats.

Here's 3 screenshots showing what happens.

Regular summon, gear does not apply to stats

http://s14.postimage.org/j4s585jr5/01_jpg.jpg

Re-fitted gear now works as intended

http://s16.postimage.org/b23xs4xdx/02_jpg.jpg

Re-summoned and gear is not working again

http://s12.postimage.org/pkyzvi6f1/03_jpg.jpg

Fix please. Hurry.

Yep, was going to do some dailies and then I saw that my comps were under geared, as if they weren't wearing anything, you have to unequip them then reequip them, the problem is, once you summon a bike or another companion you need to redo the whole process again...

Way to go Crapoware, way to go.

Lol they ended maintenance 2 hours early and failed to notice such a retarded bug? Way to go.

I fully agree a bug like this sucks and shouldnt have entered the game. But regardless of them being done early, to actually fix this problem they need to create a ..patch. No telling when the servers are going down for a hot-fix.

Both foruntunately AND unfortunately theres a work around for us.. which unfortunately makes this bug a lesser priority.

Yep, came here to report this... I should have known you fine folks would be all over it.

Get on a speeder? Swap companions? Yeah, strip them naked and then re-equip everything. As far as I remember, the previous bug was just with implants right (earpieces too maybe)? I had no idea why my companions were dying instantly - what's this? 8k health? Gear broken? No, just not applied at all.

Right, so, pretty please BW, get on this pronto (and yeah, I know it's like 5:30 AM in Austin).

why are ppl so shocked?

lmao its swtor.

Go look at the DD:O forums. After every patch a forum post comes out with a list of broken things. Look at their know issues list. Some of them have been there since the game started...6 years ago.

Edited by limadoc

Oh dearie me, off topic but do they even have a community team anymore ? Would have expected some response to this by now or is it the same old Bioware CM must pass copy to manager who edits and passes it to manager who says its ok and passes to another manager for final OK before filtering back down to the CM 4 days later to post. Edited by thamightyboro

Yes it is beyond ridiculous! I'm sorry I am usually the devote "give em a chance guys" guy... but the bugs in 1.4 (which rendered me unable to login for WEEKS) and 1.5 (tons of graphical glitches, toolbar buttons emptying, Kira putting away an active saber ALL THE TIME, etc) it is so annoying. I was hopeful (why?) that this patch would have a long list of bug fixes. I mean they had the week of silence last week, figured SOMEONE would be fixing this crap. Nope! They just release a LAME patch and screw up something else.

Come on Bioware! Fix this crap! Communicate! No more carefully tailored, auto responses. Give us a "oh crap guys! We are on it! We hope to fix X, Y, and Z by next Tues and problems A, B, C by the following. Sorry!"

Urgh! Its just getting old...