Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dragongit
12.29.2011 , 11:38 PM | #81
Oh, and his insta kill, force pushamajig. I'm trying to hide behind a new pillar and he manages to pick me off with it.
DECEMBER CREW

commy-
12.29.2011 , 11:47 PM | #82
Things seemed to better this time. The clones ran at me behind the pillar a little slower than before, giving me time to pick them off better. I got the Emp down to 15%, I was at above 50%, ran out to pop off a Dispatch.. and he did his instant move that threw me into a wall and killed me.

I guess I'll get there eventually, but I really hope the other classes are more fun, and story much better, than Knight has been.

Dragongit
12.30.2011 , 12:06 AM | #83
Alright, another 5 tries, and about 25K more in repairs, still nothing. Nothing says fast paced action like playing ring around the rosie with a sith emperor. Waiting for my med pack to get off cooldown. I got him past his third wave of clones, but the second he catches eye with me, he strikes me with lightning, slows me down, catches up, and continues to throw stuff at me and I die. The end.

A friend in my guild is at level 47 right now, hopefully tomorrow they will be able to help me out. I dont' even know what the best gear to get is, since nobody does flashpoints on my server, not at that level anyway. I won't see many at my level for at least another 2 weeks. So much for believing I was ahead of the game.

I know I might not know the game well, I never played beta, but this guy is just... rrrrrrrr... I've been trying all day since yesterday, I was at 1,100,000 credits or so, and now I'm down to 800k with repairs, buying stims, and upgrading my T7 unit. I swear to god I'm turning him into a trashbin when I'm done with this thing. I have never hated a companion more in any game then this little bugger.
DECEMBER CREW

Daedrac
12.30.2011 , 12:47 AM | #84
Ok this is a really easy and incredibly cheap way to do it. Took this strategy from someone else's post, here goes.

When first clones spawn use awe and strike each down. Push the emperor away and run down the hall to the stairwell area. Force push him off the edge, if you get the right direction he'll lose massive hp. My first push went from 92% down to 33%. He'll teleport back and summon clones, wait and dispatch them. Depending on his hp he might summon another set of clones, dispatch as well. Repeat force push off the ledge as many times as necessary. Once he dies run back to the throne room and speak to him.
Semper Fi

Would it hurt less if I weilded a kitten?

Daedrac
12.30.2011 , 12:49 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragongit View Post
Alright, another 5 tries, and about 25K more in repairs, still nothing. Nothing says fast paced action like playing ring around the rosie with a sith emperor. Waiting for my med pack to get off cooldown. I got him past his third wave of clones, but the second he catches eye with me, he strikes me with lightning, slows me down, catches up, and continues to throw stuff at me and I die. The end.

A friend in my guild is at level 47 right now, hopefully tomorrow they will be able to help me out. I dont' even know what the best gear to get is, since nobody does flashpoints on my server, not at that level anyway. I won't see many at my level for at least another 2 weeks. So much for believing I was ahead of the game.

I know I might not know the game well, I never played beta, but this guy is just... rrrrrrrr... I've been trying all day since yesterday, I was at 1,100,000 credits or so, and now I'm down to 800k with repairs, buying stims, and upgrading my T7 unit. I swear to god I'm turning him into a trashbin when I'm done with this thing. I have never hated a companion more in any game then this little bugger.
Agreed with the T7 companion ********! Mine was wearing the lvl 9 **** from tython. I got one epic drop for him from a mob but I spend hours killing what I could, respawning and just running past mobs to get to the "checkpoints"
Semper Fi

Would it hurt less if I weilded a kitten?

commy-
12.30.2011 , 12:49 AM | #86
I don't even want to Fleet Pass out, because it's such a chore getting through the area if I come back. Between the issue of hoods, the complete awfulness of the Knight story at a few certain parts, and this fight.. man, I just don't know anymore.

I'm really enjoying my Trooper that I was playing with a buddy, but if the experience will be like the Knight's journey to 50, bleh.

commy-
12.30.2011 , 12:50 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Daedrac View Post
Ok this is a really easy and incredibly cheap way to do it. Took this strategy from someone else's post, here goes.

When first clones spawn use awe and strike each down. Push the emperor away and run down the hall to the stairwell area. Force push him off the edge, if you get the right direction he'll lose massive hp. My first push went from 92% down to 33%. He'll teleport back and summon clones, wait and dispatch them. Depending on his hp he might summon another set of clones, dispatch as well. Repeat force push off the ledge as many times as necessary. Once he dies run back to the throne room and speak to him.
It's a good plan, but not for a Sentinel without Push, or any knockback abilities.

darkbillie
12.30.2011 , 09:15 AM | #88
you can tell ppl to do hide behind the pillar..go to the stairs and everything...BUT your not supposed to do those things if the fight wasnt this hard to beat..if its even to hard with 2 ppl then how are we supposed to do it solo...the JK story up until this fight was awesome..but this thing just ruins the whole experience

and the stair thing doesnt work...he teleports back...but he gets full health again..so it seems to me they fixed the only bloody way to get this guy the easy way

ChrisSchmidt
12.31.2011 , 11:53 AM | #89 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks!

If you are unable to solo this fight, please give us a bit more information as requested below:

Spoiler

Thanks for your help!

Geryboy
12.31.2011 , 11:58 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Sersly View Post
Again, hes solo-able, easily.

Line of sight him.
Example of line of site (X) = You. (E) = Emperor. (P) Pillar.
(X) - (P) - (E).
(u has graf nao).

Use the pillars up by his throne, use the side of the stairs where you drop down off of them. If he can not directly see you, he cannot hit you with his spells. When he reaches you, and tries to cast, hit him a bit, interrupt his LONG cast, and hit him some more, then run and LINE OF SIGHT him again. He will try to cast, and try to follow, and then try to cast again.

Keep line of sighting him, hitting him when hes close.

He has a ground targeted AE ability that you will see appear beneath you when you are behind the pillars. I'm not 100% sure it will go off when your behind em, but I still MOVE TO ANOTHER pillar while he casts that (hitting him along the way, its a long cast, and if it goes off it will ONLY do damage in the area he is casting it on, not on you so you dont want to interrupt it, you get free dmg with no risk).

When he spawns his clones: as SOON as he warps to spawn them (you SHOULD be fighting him up by his chair) run behind a pillar. All his adds will spawn, try to target you and cast, cant see you, and then run to you.

As they come up, hit them once or twice, and they poof. STAY BEHIND THE PILLARS.

Repeat this ad nauseum, and he will die.

Super Pro Tip: If you mess up, and take a big hit, you can just constantly hide behind pillars and running to a new pillar when he gets close, doing no damage and taking no risks, until your med packs come off cool down.

This is his super big secretz gimmick. He casts spells. You line of sight them. His melee is pathetically weak.
I tried to tank and spank him alot with no success, usind the pillars was a good idea, also droping down the stars and hiding behind that torch then force jumping a clone to get up again. his melee is indeed really week. you help me alot with this post thank you.
Twinsnake Guardian / Payne Assassin / Cornhoolio OPerative ///// Jar'kai Sword