Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aduil
12.29.2011 , 07:56 PM | #71
When I did this quest.. the game recognized that I was pro so as soon as the fight vs the emperor began it bugged out and I auto-won the fight. No kidding.. he talked to me.. told me how much he thought I sucked.. then the cutscene ended and he warped to his chair which is what happens when you beat him. What can I say? I 1 shot the emperor.

Vegathegreat
12.29.2011 , 09:47 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragongit View Post
Thats my thing. I want to solo him. This has been my character's quest, his journey. To bring is someone at this point seems redundant. " Oh hey, i've been on this journey to prove myself, but let me bring this random person because I can't save the world suddenly without them" As I said, the fact I can't use anyone else but T7 is a bit of a pain, if I could have Doc with me, be so much better.

I'm not going to seek a second person to aid me in the quest, he will be soloed, or it won't happen. And I can hinder my choice to continue playing the game one way or the other based upon that. it's immature, it's stupid even, but they promoted it solo, and if I can't be soloed, what if the other stories arn't? I'm not gonna stick around to see the final bosses on each class, only to find out I cant' defeat them.
dude solo'd it super easy, your doing it wrong trust me

commy-
12.29.2011 , 09:54 PM | #73
Yeah, you're doing it wrong. You need to trust him! That is all it takes! Duh!

Everyone bow before Vega and his amazing help and confidence in us.

Sersly
12.29.2011 , 10:20 PM | #74
Again, hes solo-able, easily.

Line of sight him.
Example of line of site (X) = You. (E) = Emperor. (P) Pillar.
(X) - (P) - (E).
(u has graf nao).

Use the pillars up by his throne, use the side of the stairs where you drop down off of them. If he can not directly see you, he cannot hit you with his spells. When he reaches you, and tries to cast, hit him a bit, interrupt his LONG cast, and hit him some more, then run and LINE OF SIGHT him again. He will try to cast, and try to follow, and then try to cast again.

Keep line of sighting him, hitting him when hes close.

He has a ground targeted AE ability that you will see appear beneath you when you are behind the pillars. I'm not 100% sure it will go off when your behind em, but I still MOVE TO ANOTHER pillar while he casts that (hitting him along the way, its a long cast, and if it goes off it will ONLY do damage in the area he is casting it on, not on you so you dont want to interrupt it, you get free dmg with no risk).

When he spawns his clones: as SOON as he warps to spawn them (you SHOULD be fighting him up by his chair) run behind a pillar. All his adds will spawn, try to target you and cast, cant see you, and then run to you.

As they come up, hit them once or twice, and they poof. STAY BEHIND THE PILLARS.

Repeat this ad nauseum, and he will die.

Super Pro Tip: If you mess up, and take a big hit, you can just constantly hide behind pillars and running to a new pillar when he gets close, doing no damage and taking no risks, until your med packs come off cool down.

This is his super big secretz gimmick. He casts spells. You line of sight them. His melee is pathetically weak.

Hareal
12.29.2011 , 10:23 PM | #75
yeah i had a hard time too as a guardian dps but then all of a sudden t7 charges at the emperor one attempt and one shots him, lol.

commy-
12.29.2011 , 10:30 PM | #76
@Sersly

Were you a Sent, or Guardian? I've tried your strategy, and while my gear is relatively top-notch, and I can one-hit kill the clones, by the time I get rid of them, even with Ward up, I'm close to death.

Sersly
12.29.2011 , 10:41 PM | #77
Sentinel, watchman spec for a tiny bit of self healing.

I'm confused, what are you taking dmg from? If you are line of sighting everything nothing should be hitting you when he spawns his clones. Hit em once or twice to poof them, and make sure no other clones are winding up a spell to kill you (line of sight them).

I had some trouble telling which were clones occasionally, but you notice they have full health while emperor will have much less (he didnt spawn clones at 75% for me, he did it at 95%, then 85%, then a large gap until 25% and 15%).

Kaellen
12.29.2011 , 10:43 PM | #78
What I did, as a Guardian:

I taunted him to pull him, threw my lightsaber to get a fix on which one was the actual Emperor *sometimes the circle was a little hard to see amongst everything else* and waited for him to start casting force storm, to which I interrupted by leaping at him. T7 was able to clear out the first wave of clones by himself using his AOE tanking abilities and DPS stance.

At this point you have to use whatever heavy DPS abilities and cooldowns you have to get to phase two, which is when another set of clones appears.

At this point I force push the Emperor and AOE the clones, then get behind a pillar cause of the death field aoe. By this point T7 is in rough shape. Jump back out, kick the next cast and take him to phase three.

On phase three, T7 was able to hurt the next wave of clones and I finished them off with Force Sweep. He casts an ability here, its something like Force Wave or something. Something with Force in the name that isn't Force Lightning. It is a really long cast. On his first cast, Force Stasis right when the cast is about to finish, then kick the next one, also at the end of the cast.

This took me several tries and a little luck was involved.

By the way, if you are having problems with getting T7 some gear, the little puzzle on the main floor of the temple opens up a box with some greens for him. Not a full set but better than most of the items you can get. All you have to do is change the emblem on the ground to an imperial emblem using the panels on the backs of the pillars.
When Heavens Divide
I Will Dive into the Fire, Spilling the Blood of My Desire
The Very Last Time, My Name Scorched into the Sky

"When Heavens Divide"

commy-
12.29.2011 , 11:10 PM | #79
Thank you for your replies, and for writing them without contempt for my apparent sucking.

I move behind the pillars, which correctly stops them from casting on me. I let them then run to me and move into my melee range, at which point I am able to kill them in one attack. Yet by the time I one-hit kill the last clone, a good portion of my health has been taken away.

It's like they were all able to run up to me, and damage me as I wait for the global cooldown of my Strike before hitting the next clone.

For what it's worth, I'm a Combat Sentinel.

Dragongit
12.29.2011 , 11:19 PM | #80
he's targeting me with his AOE ability, despite the fact I'm behind the pillar. Maybe I've got a new brand of bug, but he's still kicking my butt.

and on top of that, the moment they can see me they can use their little lightining strike without any cooldown, which slows me and I take a bit of damage for it.
DECEMBER CREW