Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ontos
12.29.2011 , 03:16 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by LordNestaron View Post
That's not the point. BW promoted the Class Stories as solo content, not Multi-Player content. The point is the quest is broken in it's current implementation and needs to be fixed. Having to beat the fight by using pillars, force pushing him off the stairwell or hoping he glitches is not the intended way of completing this fight.

Also Luke never fought Palpatine. He fought Vader, then refused to kill him and take his place as Palpatine's Apprentice. Palpatine then decided to kill Luke, and Vader intervened.
If life gives you lemons, don't drink radiator fluid. Every human likes to complain, except of thinking what the alternatives are to keep the blood pressure in check.

1. If the script is poorly written, wait until its fixed to solo it. Class quest isn't going anywhere, so you can wait for it to be fixed. You don't have to stomp your foot, dissappoint yourself, and get mad over it unless you choose let it bother you as several other individuals in this thread after attempting it.

2. Bring a friend as I suggested and just slug it out. Ever hear of a sandbox? It means you have choices, you don't have to be stuck with scripted story in its current broken form. You want to get it over with, then just do it and suck it up that an ally helped you kill the scourge of the darkside. Hey, its more epic with friends because you are not sticking with some script written by other people...you now made it a little bit more of your own.

3. Get mad. Stomp your foot. Waste credits on repairs and b*tch how you are wasting your time it can't be done solo. You choose to attempt it, its your fault for wasting credits/time because you know its broken. You have the two previous options, but if you know its very difficult then you really have no reason to complain. You know he is difficult, so why attempt it and waste your time? Oh, pride...then go for it.

I don't know about you, but option 1 and option 2 are the easiest in its current form (wait for it to be fixed or just bring a friend to get it over with). If you choose option 3, then don't complain because you know full well what the results will be instead of helping/waiting for BW fix the problem (like any sane person, I know my limits and massive credit repairs would cause me to not attempt it solo).

I am currently rolling mostly with a friend, I could care less about it being solo content except in the early levels (and empire inquisitors get stuck fighting an optional 7500 hp beast at level 8 with no heals but 90 second cool down med packs...you want to solo that?). If given an option to just get it done...then hell yeah I will do anything to get done and get it over with instead of complaining how hard it is and getting mad over it even if its bugged.

As for Luke/Vader/Palp fight, its how you look at it. Vader never stood against Palp until Luke got involved, Luke took a swing at Palp but was blocked by Vader. Took the both of them to tag team Palp over the railing in my opinion, by Vader willing to protect his son when his son refused to kill his father.
Waldorf: The internet is a completely different culture, isn't it?
Statler: You said it. Everything here is immediately followed by sarcastic comments and nasty responses.
Waldorf: Yup, we're finally where we belong.

peaceandpassion
12.29.2011 , 03:29 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Ontos View Post
If life gives you lemons, don't drink radiator fluid. Every human likes to complain, except of thinking what the alternatives are to keep the blood pressure in check.

1. If the script is poorly written, wait until its fixed to solo it. Class quest isn't going anywhere, so you can wait for it to be fixed. You don't have to stomp your foot, dissappoint yourself, and get mad over it unless you choose let it bother you as several other individuals in this thread after attempting it.

2. Bring a friend as I suggested and just slug it out. Ever hear of a sandbox? It means you have choices, you don't have to be stuck with scripted story in its current broken form. You want to get it over with, then just do it and suck it up that an ally helped you kill the scourge of the darkside. Hey, its more epic with friends because you are not sticking with some script written by other people...you now made it a little bit more of your own.

3. Get mad. Stomp your foot. Waste credits on repairs and b*tch how you are wasting your time it can't be done solo. You choose to attempt it, its your fault for wasting credits/time because you know its broken. You have the two previous options, but if you know its very difficult then you really have no reason to complain. You know he is difficult, so why attempt it and waste your time? Oh, pride...then go for it.

I don't know about you, but option 1 and option 2 are the easiest in its current form (wait for it to be fixed or just bring a friend to get it over with). If you choose option 3, then don't complain because you know full well what the results will be instead of helping/waiting for BW fix the problem (like any sane person, I know my limits and massive credit repairs would cause me to not attempt it solo).

I am currently rolling mostly with a friend, I could care less about it being solo content except in the early levels (and empire inquisitors get stuck fighting an optional 7500 hp beast at level 8 with no heals but 90 second cool down med packs...you want to solo that?). If given an option to just get it done...then hell yeah I will do anything to get done and get it over with instead of complaining how hard it is and getting mad over it even if its bugged.

As for Luke/Vader/Palp fight, its how you look at it. Vader never stood against Palp until Luke got involved, Luke took a swing at Palp but was blocked by Vader. Took the both of them to tag team Palp over the railing in my opinion, by Vader willing to protect his son when his son refused to kill his father.
Im alittle lost, you tell us not to solo it, yet say by soloing a solo quest we are not helping bioware, and that infact it is our own fault for attempting to solo a solo quest for our solo class instance. Instead we should wait for a fix to continue playing the game where for some finishing these quests is that important due to the fact we just spent 50 levels with the story, and now you say its the players fault for not being able to decided to group it instead. You sir are a.........^^

Yea i smell a contrabenadictarnold
◄║▒▒╠ ╣║▓╞∞╡███████████████████████████████████) - PeaceAndPassion

Tulare
12.29.2011 , 05:00 PM | #63
I'm not in a hurry to do this fight reading what all of you have said, but then again I'm only at level 17, so it will be a while.

Spoiler

Dragongit
12.29.2011 , 05:30 PM | #64
I'm sort of up in an ourtage about this fight today, the buggy chest, the fact I'm stuck with T7, the whole shabang. I got him down to about 25% of his health today before I was out of tricks to heal up and died. I'm mad at this fight, very mad. He's far too difficult to solo. and I would rather do it alone. This is my character's story, I've faced every challagne this far on his own. Granted, I had doc... you know, a useful sidekick.

I'm not sure if I screwed myself over for saving Kira, but I did. And the story punishes me regardless of my choice due to being stuck with a droid I harldy upgraded... I mean I did. I bought nearly 50-100K worth of gear, for about 5 more seconds worth of life before being killed.
DECEMBER CREW

Sleeptastic
12.29.2011 , 05:58 PM | #65
In my experience, instead of summoning clones at 25% he just one shots me no matter how much health I have.

Dragongit
12.29.2011 , 06:18 PM | #66
Are all the end story bosses this rediculous or is it just him? if it is every story, I don't know if I want to start a new toon. I want to begin and finish a story. Not get to the end and then suddenly stop because the final boss is cheap.
DECEMBER CREW

Dragongit
12.29.2011 , 06:34 PM | #67
Perhaps a video of this strategy? a spec layout? A dance routine? I've already flung myself at him 15 times and spent nearly 50K in credits for nothing thus far.
DECEMBER CREW

aka_matrix_pwner
12.29.2011 , 06:53 PM | #68
I beat him!

I had help though. I couldn't beat him alone, so i invited a random sage, and we beat him. When he was at >10% and i was at 85% of my 13K HP He released his best Kamehameha wave at me, or what ever the something is was. I died. instantly.

So this new pal of mine actually beat him for me. Pretty lame. But at least i moved on with the story mission.

i don't have a problem with getting help, but according to BioWare self, this should be Solo quests. And I don't have a problem with a challenge. however, i don't like trying to go something impossible. It's just not any fun. This is the first really bad thing i've experienced in this game. Come on BioWare, fix this please.

This is not a complaint about the difficulty of the game, for gods sake do not make the game any easier. But this one fight is just too insane. And what the hell is up with the clones being immune to Force Sweep?

Dragongit
12.29.2011 , 07:04 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by aka_matrix_pwner View Post
I beat him!

I had help though. I couldn't beat him alone, so i invited a random sage, and we beat him. When he was at >10% and i was at 85% of my 13K HP He released his best Kamehameha wave at me, or what ever the something is was. I died. instantly.

So this new pal of mine actually beat him for me. Pretty lame. But at least i moved on with the story mission.

i don't have a problem with getting help, but according to BioWare self, this should be Solo quests. And I don't have a problem with a challenge. however, i don't like trying to go something impossible. It's just not any fun. This is the first really bad thing i've experienced in this game. Come on BioWare, fix this please.

This is not a complaint about the difficulty of the game, for gods sake do not make the game any easier. But this one fight is just too insane. And what the hell is up with the clones being immune to Force Sweep?
Thats my thing. I want to solo him. This has been my character's quest, his journey. To bring is someone at this point seems redundant. " Oh hey, i've been on this journey to prove myself, but let me bring this random person because I can't save the world suddenly without them" As I said, the fact I can't use anyone else but T7 is a bit of a pain, if I could have Doc with me, be so much better.

I'm not going to seek a second person to aid me in the quest, he will be soloed, or it won't happen. And I can hinder my choice to continue playing the game one way or the other based upon that. it's immature, it's stupid even, but they promoted it solo, and if I can't be soloed, what if the other stories arn't? I'm not gonna stick around to see the final bosses on each class, only to find out I cant' defeat them.
DECEMBER CREW

Dragongit
12.29.2011 , 07:20 PM | #70
I tried anotehr 5 times just now, and...

nope. still nothing. He beats me before he gets to his third wave of clones, I dont' know what the hell I'm suppose to do.

BTW, this isn't training for raiding. Raiding involves a tank distracting a boss, while healers heal and DPS do their thing, not get cluster phoqued by a group of clones that can make your life a living hell, or get stuck with a companion that even Doc can tank better then.
DECEMBER CREW