Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dainter
07.24.2012 , 10:51 AM | #581
At least you guys got to fight. My fight when like this: Slash, I win.

I finished it two weeks ago. Can't believe it is still bugged.

Metalmac
08.15.2012 , 12:46 AM | #582
I see 95% of these people are Overpowered DPS spec Sentinels or Overpowered DPS spec Guardians.

I do not see one Tank say they can complete the fight as our DPS is so freaking awesome we die before done.

Step 1 fire the moron that created this fight for all Jedi Knights as he has no clue as to differences in spec.
Step 2 let us get a freaking healer as tanks need one to do any DPS at all.

I am not going to go RESPEC to DPS just to do this fight and if expected to is clearly unfair to tanks.

Jaypee
08.15.2012 , 04:46 AM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
I see 95% of these people are Overpowered DPS spec Sentinels or Overpowered DPS spec Guardians.

I do not see one Tank say they can complete the fight as our DPS is so freaking awesome we die before done.

Step 1 fire the moron that created this fight for all Jedi Knights as he has no clue as to differences in spec.

I am not going to go RESPEC to DPS just to do this fight and if expected to is clearly unfair to tanks.
Completed as a pvp tank spec (27/12/2) back in Jan on my 1st try so it is possible. I thought the fight was more difficult than it would have been on a DPS but very fun and very doable. Changing it would only diminish the epicness of fighting the mofo'in emperor!

DrewFromPhilly
08.16.2012 , 01:34 PM | #584

I did it two nights ago with my full tank spec'd gaurdian. Granted, I had been 50 since belsavis and was somewhat decently equipped with half a set of battlemaster and the rest orange/purple gear with 50 + 56 lvl mods. Came in at about 19k hp with stims and the trooper buff. I had not upgraded T7 since the low 20s but the floor puzzle in the temple solved that more or less. I turned off his tank stance and tried to reduce his aggro as much as possible by disabling some of his other abilities to let me deal with that while he took potshots. To be honest I don't think he made much of a difference.

Anyway, during the fight I hadn't read anything about it (stupid) and believed that he would keep adding clones until I was overwhelmed, so I kept trying to fight off the clones and couldn't interrupt voice of the emporer because I'd lose the actual emporer in the crowd. Then, I just decided to stick with the emporer and wail on him the entire fight while ignoring the adds. Tried to keep them close enough though that force sweep, awe, and the aoe from gaurdian slash with the 5 stacked sundering armor would deal with them somewhat, though. Took a lot more than "one slash" but once I figured out the mechanics it was pretty straightforward...and a pretty epic conclusion to the class story. I also still had most of my health left so even with 14-15k hp I think would have been doable.

abhaxus
08.24.2012 , 02:17 AM | #585
I just completed this fight at level 46 as full tank spec guardian, in mostly purple level 40ish gear. It wasn't easy, and took about 10 attempts, but once I got the hang of the mechanics (using the pillars and interrupts) it was definitely doable. At level 46 a fair percent of my interrupts and CCs didn't hit either

I've used legacy abilities as a crutch when leveling this toon (which I have only done the absolute bare minimum of quests to finish, wanted to see how low level I could be and finish the story), and it took a few failures with heroic moment/unify to make me realize that T7 didn't matter after the first wave or 2.

Key for me was to take T7's EMP ability off auto attack, and manually activate it on the first two waves after using awe to stun the mob. Took out both of the waves in one attack. He died before 3rd wave so that one I had to run around swinging with strike after stunning the real emperor.

JLazarillo
08.27.2012 , 06:08 PM | #586
So I'm just curious, in this mission, before I finished it, I took the light side path and went to save Kira. As a result, the game kept throwing lines at me about how I'd sacrificed my strength, yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyway, the fight was confusing, I kept getting "distracted" by the clones, only to find, by the time I finally turned my attention to the main boss, little ol'T7 (geared in blue droid armor thanks to Cybertech and set to DPS mode) had basically solo'd the main boss down to less than 30% health. T7's health finally gave out and I went into panic mode and dropped the guy in less than 10 seconds afterwards. So yeah, apparently I'm an overpowered Sentinel or something, but to get back to the original point/question:

Does the light side choice make any actual difference in the difficulty of the fight? Or does it just mean the mission take longer because of the added goal, and all the rest is flavor?

llesna
08.29.2012 , 05:13 PM | #587

I did the fight perfectly just a few minutes ago as a tank guardian.

All I had to do was set T7 to DPS and interrupt the force blast move. I finished on more than half health and T7 had about two thirds. The fight was easy once I started interrupting force blast. Seriously.

For the record, I have level 49/50 gear and am not a particularly good player. In fact, I play more like a casual player. I did it on the third attempt. If in doubt, get some medpacks and stims.

P.S. Ignore the clones. Go straight for the Emperor.

DrewFromPhilly
08.30.2012 , 12:28 AM | #588
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
So I'm just curious, in this mission, before I finished it, I took the light side path and went to save Kira. As a result, the game kept throwing lines at me about how I'd sacrificed my strength, yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyway, the fight was confusing, I kept getting "distracted" by the clones, only to find, by the time I finally turned my attention to the main boss, little ol'T7 (geared in blue droid armor thanks to Cybertech and set to DPS mode) had basically solo'd the main boss down to less than 30% health. T7's health finally gave out and I went into panic mode and dropped the guy in less than 10 seconds afterwards. So yeah, apparently I'm an overpowered Sentinel or something, but to get back to the original point/question:

Does the light side choice make any actual difference in the difficulty of the fight? Or does it just mean the mission take longer because of the added goal, and all the rest is flavor?
I actually wondered about that as well - especially when lord scourge said afterwards how foolish I was to let the emperor gather his strength and that we were lucky to even be alive and whatnot. I hate that guy, what a downer spoiling the party after I kill the flippin emperor. But it was Sargeant Rusk I saved tho, so maybe that depends on companion affection or is just completely random. Honestly though, if scourge had been there I'd have left him and then ran through esseles a couple times to get back to light 5 afterwards lol

counger
08.31.2012 , 03:02 PM | #589
i cannot believe you guys found this fight that hard done it on my second attempt at level 48 (second because i messed up and got 1hit by his lightning) plus my advanced class skills where all over the place before i switched for full defence tree it is really easy did not even need t7 as you said he dies in 1hit without gear anyway so its like a 99.79% solo rate on it.

Nategray
09.09.2012 , 10:35 PM | #590
Ok this is beyond ridiculous no other class has such a fracking finial fight.
I can care less its the emperor this is my 4th 50 an this fight has a one shot insta kill need to be fixed.
The fact they screw you with having you take a companion you have not geared or used in 30 levels need to be fixed as well.
Kira had resisted the emperor so why can she not assist or scourge seriously t7 .
No one should be forced to group to beat a solo mission.
37k one shot hits, the dev who thought that was ok needs to be nut punched until they never writes code for any video game again ever,
The True Mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost.
The True Heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed.
Since beginning less time, Darkness thrives in the void
but always yields to purifying Light.