Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blizzax
03.24.2012 , 03:28 AM | #501
Hi guys,

some posts earlier someone said, it would be enough to just focus on the real emperor ignore the clones, interrupt as many casts as you can and put out damage at maximum.

I did try this without using any LoS tricks and it worked in the first attempt.
My T7 is equipped with level 7-11 parts and that really does not matter at all. My sentinel is level 50 (3/7/31) with blue equipment ranging from 48 to 50. I used one medkit but no stims or other stuff.

The clones do not deal much damage to you. If you interrupt the casts of the real emperor and use all your skills to do as much damage as you can the emperor is down very fast. Afterwards you can finish the still standing clones and finish the quest.

iTotor
03.24.2012 , 05:31 PM | #502
I managed to do it in the level 40 PVP Defense Guardian set, so either you are all incredibly poorly geared or just ****.

Djspyder
03.24.2012 , 05:51 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by iTotor View Post
I managed to do it in the level 40 PVP Defense Guardian set, so either you are all incredibly poorly geared or just ****.
Yeah thats a completely accurate statement... because All the different bugs the fight has couldn't have anything to do with it...

Copman
03.24.2012 , 07:05 PM | #504
I was getting my butt handed to me in this fight, but then I listened to the advice of others on the forums.......

Spoiler

Taent
03.24.2012 , 07:13 PM | #505
Extremely frustrating fight until I learned that you just have to avoid or interrupt the Emperors Force Blast attack. Its the one that can one shot you. All other damage including the clones is workable. The chest was bugged for me, so I played as if T7 wasn't there.

If you can't withstand the damage for whatever reason, then you have to use LOS techniques. Try hiding behind a pillar at the top of the stairs, so you aren't surrounded. Some will come at you in melee range while others try and distance you. Easier to dispatch the few and interrupt the Emperor this way. You can jump down behind the pillar and run back around up the stairs when things get tough or your interrupts are on cd.

L50 Vigilance Guardian in Shien form with a might stim.

Roarack
03.25.2012 , 12:01 AM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Blizzax View Post
Hi guys,

some posts earlier someone said, it would be enough to just focus on the real emperor ignore the clones, interrupt as many casts as you can and put out damage at maximum.

I did try this without using any LoS tricks and it worked in the first attempt.
My T7 is equipped with level 7-11 parts and that really does not matter at all. My sentinel is level 50 (3/7/31) with blue equipment ranging from 48 to 50. I used one medkit but no stims or other stuff.

The clones do not deal much damage to you. If you interrupt the casts of the real emperor and use all your skills to do as much damage as you can the emperor is down very fast. Afterwards you can finish the still standing clones and finish the quest.
Definitely do this. After failing this mserably at least 6 or 7 times I just went to town on the real emp and got it done 1st try. 30/11/0 guardian with decently modded orange gear across the board.

BroderTuck
03.25.2012 , 03:26 AM | #507
All of you are talking about a fight that never happened for me. Extremely anti-climatic figthing for 1 second, then seeing the guy sitting on his throne defeated...

Did this 2 days ago

Aetou
03.27.2012 , 03:39 PM | #508
So I finally got around to finishing off the Jedi Knight class quest this evening and... I'm kind of with those who don't really see what the issue is. I deliberately didn't read any guides or tips before hand because I wanted a bit of a challenge. Here is what happened:

Spoiler

Djspyder
03.27.2012 , 06:19 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
So I finally got around to finishing off the Jedi Knight class quest this evening and... I'm kind of with those who don't really see what the issue is. I deliberately didn't read any guides or tips before hand because I wanted a bit of a challenge. Here is what happened:

Spoiler

Agreed Its a pretty standard Boss fight when its Not broken... Unfortunately It seems to be majorly bugged For A LOT of people... After Two resets it finally fixed itself for me... beat him on the "first try" once it "un-bugged" itself.

MinionOfEckerd
03.31.2012 , 01:46 PM | #510
Even after keeping him locked down with interrupts he was down to almost no health left and I was still blasted away by his Death attack. It didn't even show that he was using the ability and then it randomly happened...