Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wickedr
12.27.2011 , 10:55 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
Hey Folks!

Spoilers below, but please read if you have reached the final fight in the quest Doomsday.

Spoiler

Thanks for your help!
Even without it bugged, that's needed at the beginning of the area, not the end where all tank spec guardians will have already had to have go re-gear T7 to get to.

TheCheatz
12.27.2011 , 10:55 PM | #32
So...I was supposed to be able to loot after finishing that puzzle? Dang, that would have been pretty sweet to have (although I already had T7 mostly ready and geared before going). I tried it at least 20 times and the dang thing just wouldn't loot. There was no error message either. The cast bar for looting completed and then nothing happens.

For those of us who managed to finish the quest, are we going to be re-compensated for this reward that we now no longer have access to?

EDIT:
Spoiler

Sersly
12.27.2011 , 11:03 PM | #33
tips below:
Spoiler

Artillery
12.28.2011 , 12:41 AM | #34
The fight is a lot easier without the use of T7.
Trust us on this, as you know, we have successfully defeated him using this technique, and everything else that were discuss are just theories.

Artillery
12.28.2011 , 01:06 AM | #35
The fight is a lot easier without the use of T7.
Trust us on this, as you know, we have successfully defeated him using this technique, and everything else that were discuss are just theories.

Ancen
12.28.2011 , 02:27 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellvaan View Post
Hi there, folks!

A quick reminder to please use the available SPOILER tags when sharing something that spoils the story! You can use them like this:
[SPOILER](Information here.)[/SPOILER]
That will give you this:

Spoiler

Thank you for your understanding and help keeping this forum spoiler-free!
Spoiler

I seem unable to proceed...

russmanOR
12.28.2011 , 03:56 AM | #37
Just updating/sharing. The puzzle box was unlootable. I was unable to solo the emperor after several attempts. Ended up cheesing the fight by force pushing the old bastard down the stairs over and over till gravity finished him off. I would feel bad, but I don't because that is an insane fight to expect you to solo. Even if T7 has gear, he still dies in short order to the first spawn of clones.

Blev
12.28.2011 , 06:31 AM | #38
Hey Folks!

Spoilers below, but please read if you have reached the final fight in the quest Doomsday.

Spoiler

Thanks for your help!
I had the non-loot problem when I did it on the 17th (so not sure if still applicable). It is not an out of range issue or what not, it simply doesn't loot. When I did it, I also had an issue where there was an instance of the non-clickable chest overlapping the clickable chest. I could still click to attempt to loot the lootable version chest in which areas of the non-lootable chest that the lootable chest were clipping through.

I also ran into the one-hit kill bug in which he instantly died straight off the bat.
Blev - Jedi Guardian | Caladium - Sith Sorcerer | Ranwyn - Commando
Sarinn - Scoundrel | Serwyn - Jedi Sentinel | Varlene - Jedi Shadow

sinnes
12.28.2011 , 08:11 AM | #39
Hey Folks!

Spoiler

Thanks for your help!
so the chest finnaly worked today. inside was some green stuff for t7. didnt make 1 difference in the fight. die wait 10 min die again. used every cc and medkits bla bla. i dont feel very heroic bringing som friends in to help with MY class quest.. and it wasnt a full set either btw.
jamorro

Ancen
12.28.2011 , 08:37 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by russmanOR View Post
Just updating/sharing. The puzzle box was unlootable. .
My problem isn't even the fight yet, but rather the general mobs in the area are just tearing me apart as a Sentinel. My droid having L12-13 gear sure doesn't help, since...

Spoiler

EDIT: Heh, after logging out last night and in this morning, I'm able to.

EDIT spoiler:
Spoiler

EDIT again:
Spoiler