Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zalgred
01.24.2012 , 07:35 AM | #331
Its a shame they nerf the fight...

Everyone need to remember you are fighting THE EMPEROR. The most powerful Sith the Universe has known.

Spoiler

You are not suppose to walk in there and just beat the crap out of him.

ProfessorWalsh
01.24.2012 , 08:24 AM | #332
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalgred View Post
Its a shame they nerf the fight...

Everyone need to remember you are fighting THE EMPEROR. The most powerful Sith the Universe has known.

Spoiler

You are not suppose to walk in there and just beat the crap out of him.
Revan is a boss in a level 35 instance.

I could walk in at level 50 and just beat the crap out of him.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Cimmern
01.24.2012 , 09:01 AM | #333
Dude do like me, take a guldie! Took him down easy
"Step forward now you soldier, you've bourne you'r burdens well, Walk peacefully on heavens streets you've done you'r time in hell"

georgemattson
01.24.2012 , 09:42 AM | #334
Post deleted: never mind, half asleep from a late night last night at work, wasn't thinking.

Waiting until 50 helps.

Fiachsidhe
01.24.2012 , 12:53 PM | #335
I really wish Bioware would have gone with something like having Satele Shan use her family's famous Battle Meditation, to bolster all of your companions and had them all join you, in addition to all the jedi you redeem along the way.

Like a huge, elaborate multi-stage/objective battle with the most powerful Sith ever. Instead it's a banal, trite, bugged, lame *** fight like all the others, where you **** out and hide behind pillars, while nickle and diming a health bar down, while T7 seven gets floored in seconds due to yet another weak *** cop out decision, made by developers who phoned it in.

SolCross
01.24.2012 , 01:29 PM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiachsidhe View Post
I really wish Bioware would have gone with something like having Satele Shan use her family's famous Battle Meditation, to bolster all of your companions and had them all join you, in addition to all the jedi you redeem along the way.

Like a huge, elaborate multi-stage/objective battle with the most powerful Sith ever. Instead it's a banal, trite, bugged, lame *** fight like all the others, where you **** out and hide behind pillars, while nickle and diming a health bar down, while T7 seven gets floored in seconds due to yet another weak *** cop out decision, made by developers who phoned it in.
Hi I don't think you've played it since 1.1. Soothe your frustrations, it's not the Jedi way.

Delrusant
01.24.2012 , 01:59 PM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by BluesFZ View Post
Did the fight today, and I was surprised by how easy it turned out to be after all I had heard. Especially the trash before the Emperor was a joke. Was the fight nerfed in the latest patch? Or at least the Trash Mobs?

As for the fight with the Emperor himself, it's still kinda hard and the fact that I was extremely nervous due to all the horror stories people told me about the fight didn't help. In my first attempt he one shotted me at about 40%, I got him in my second try, without Force Might, I forgot to reapply it.
The Emperor dies really fast. Seriously, he's extremely squishy. I started the fight by sending in T7, the Emperor ported to the stairs and called the ads, they ran up to the throne where T7 was still waiting, I nuked them with his EMP. I killed the second wave one by one while T7 was tanking the Emperor. I used a Presence stim and a Companion Medpack, the latter helped a lot. T7 dies right after the second wave, the rest of the fight was really just interrupting as many casts as possible, especially the really long one. One thing I noticed is that his AoE can be kinda hard to spot, since the ground is rather bright. I killed him with about 20% of my life left. And I actually forgot to use Awe. I forgot to pop Call on the Force. And frankly, I was so nervous that I didn't really watch my rotation either. Now, I might just have gotten lucky. It might just be that 90% of the Jedi Knight Community sucks. But I actually do think that there was a nerf to the Emperor in this patch, especially since, you know, I didn't play particularly well and still killed him relatively easy. The most important part about the fight really is to interrupt his casts, they do the damage, and as a Watchman you have 4 different interrupts, it should be possible to interrupt all his most dangerous skills. And when the ads spawn, don't panic, let T7 use his EMP if he's still alive, if he isn't, pop all the defensive cds you have available and just use tab targeting and Strike to dispatch them quickly.

On an unrelated note, the chest for T7 bugged for me, couldn't loot it, and also after I beat the Emperor I couldn't pass an invisible barrier to talk to him, a relog solved that problem though, just wanted to say that there ARE still bugs with him that should be fixed. Also give Scourge some clothes :P
I totally agree, I geared up with dailies and brought T7 back to shape, and for WHAT?

all the gear in the chest was lower than what T7 had, and I had harder fight when esploring around (there is one group of four strong and one group of two elite apart from the main path).

I started the fight and was afraid from what I had read. I hardly lost any life and the fight was finished. T7 died as I dealt the final damage. I did not analysed during the fight as I thought It would be hard. I started as usual and never changed target, meaning I only focused on the emperor. The add never posed me a problem and focused on T7.

That was really a let down. I even think one of the add was left but the emperor was down so the fight had ended (not sure on this since I finished on a force sweep at 3500 damage).

Either it got nerfed or the tric is just to forget the adds and kill the emperor.

Fiachsidhe
01.24.2012 , 02:33 PM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by SolCross View Post
Hi I don't think you've played it since 1.1. Soothe your frustrations, it's not the Jedi way.
Wait so patch 1.1 made the fight interesting? It's not a banal gimmick boss fight anymore? Or did they just nerf what is already a lame boss fight by simply lowering damage output or what have you?

SolCross
01.24.2012 , 02:37 PM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiachsidhe View Post
Wait so patch 1.1 made the fight interesting? It's not a banal gimmick boss fight anymore? Or did they just nerf what is already a lame boss fight by simply lowering damage output or what have you?
As the Bioware rep said in this thread, the fight was never supposed to be that way. 1.1 fixed it, as you can see by all the posts in the past few pages proclaiming victory over the Emperor.

TaravarBane
01.24.2012 , 02:48 PM | #340
Here is the short and sweet to this thread. T7 is not needed. He will die in the first 25% no matter what. If you want the solution to finishing the last quest in act III read the spoiler.

Spoiler
"Trading in my tights for a pair of lightsabers."