Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tinasa
01.10.2012 , 03:37 PM | #251
To say I am mildly dissapointed is an understatement.

This fight is impossible. I've nearly gone broke equipping myself and my T7 with gear, medpacs and stims. My T7 is dropping dead before a single one of the first group of adds is defeated.

You know I understood this battle was difficult and it should be. But this is impossible. What a terribly frustrating and annoying end to a fun story.

As a Jedi Knight Sentinel who completed the entire game without need for help, often doing fights multiple times to work out how to win, or just wear them down, I find this final fight to be insulting as a player. Now I have to beg for help in order to end my story. What a let down.

That leaves the entire personal story and the most climatic part of it, a complete and utter fail.

Does anyone have a link to something that can help this? This is a bad joke.
Knight of the Old Republic 50th Sentinel - PURE
Smuggler/Sawbones 25th
Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer 15th

Bovinity
01.10.2012 , 03:49 PM | #252
Quote:
When you enter the room, you'll see two large torch-things on either side of the stairs leading up to his throne. Note these.

Engage and immediately move to one of these pillars. Ignore T7, he'll die instantly anyway, it doesn't matter. As long as you have interrupts and CC's available, continue beating on the boss while standing near one of the pillars. If you cannot stop an incoming cast, line-of-sight the cast around the pillar.

When adds spawn, continue the process, simply kill all the adds with your basic swings, they go down in one hit. They're apparently immune to all forms of area effect damage, don't bother.

Eventually the boss will cast a ground-targetted AE spell. When this happens, run to the other pillar. You'll have time to get there while he casts.

Continue rotating CC, interrupts, line-of-sight tactics and dealing damage to the boss and you'll wear him down! Good luck!

Viriathus_PT
01.10.2012 , 04:23 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
After reading through this thread I expected a horrible, impossible battle that I would never defeat...

Went there at level 49 as a guardian in level 40 PvP gear and a T7 in level 36 greens and killed him in 2 attempts. He's a caster, the designers put Line-of-sight points in the room, it's a fairly well done encounter all around I thought. It just requires you to be on the ball.
Right. How did you pass the trash? Just die and run in as fast as possible?

Bovinity
01.10.2012 , 04:40 PM | #254
Quote:
Right. How did you pass the trash? Just die and run in as fast as possible?
No, killed it. Used a full Guardian Defense spec, generally killing all the normal level mobs first while using Push, Statis, Hilt Smash or taunt-swapping with T7 (even though he'd die in 2 hits) to keep the strong level mobs busy while the normals died, then focused on the strong.

Wilford
01.10.2012 , 06:16 PM | #255
I ended up healing my lvl 50 Guardian friend on my lvl 50 commando in full champion/centurion pvp gear. I was combat medic spec and still had to go crazy on healing. I laughed at thinking about anyone trying to do that fight on their own.

jesslightwalker
01.10.2012 , 07:42 PM | #256
I've been trying for hours... Finally killed him. But what annoys me is that it's bugging out and sometimes I can no longer hit the boss even though it's in front of me. How is that even possible? I lost so much money on this!!!!!!!!!

Stncold
01.10.2012 , 09:54 PM | #257
I had experience with the whole thing from beta and geared up T7 beforehand with help from a Cybertech buddy.

Got him to 60% on my 1st try, 25% on my 2nd try.

Third try, my saber throw one-shotted him and finished the encounter.

Kind of funny, yet sad that something like that managed to make it to launch.

khsolo
01.10.2012 , 11:04 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinasa View Post
To say I am mildly dissapointed is an understatement.

This fight is impossible. I've nearly gone broke equipping myself and my T7 with gear, medpacs and stims. My T7 is dropping dead before a single one of the first group of adds is defeated.

You know I understood this battle was difficult and it should be. But this is impossible. What a terribly frustrating and annoying end to a fun story.

As a Jedi Knight Sentinel who completed the entire game without need for help, often doing fights multiple times to work out how to win, I find this final fight to be insulting as a player. Now I have to beg for help in order to end my story. What a let down.

That leaves the entire personal story and the most climatic part of it, a complete and utter fail.

The funny thing is that i dont think the fight is trully so difficult its the sentinel class that is totally outclassed, same happens in PvP as a sentinel

You dont hear complains about the difficulty of the fight from guardians and i bet 90% of all sentinels like myself couldnt make it without help

Screamenko
01.11.2012 , 02:03 AM | #259
Everyone should realize that since the Sith Emperor is the final boss of you class story, he ought to be difficult to defeat. However, many people mix up difficulty and impossibility. Playing as a Jedi Watchman, I was able to complete the fight after six or seven failures. I thought the fight was too complicated, before I understood what to do. My T7-O1 droid was decently equipped for the fight, though I never used him as a companion. I simply believe that it is wise to sometimes gear your companions up. It is strange to me that so many people ignored them completely, playing exclusively with Kira Carsen or Doc. I did almost every optional quest while leveling, and many quests rewarded me with a plenty of gear for my companion. I think I was lucky on droppable gear, too, since my Kira Carsen had received several Prototype near-end-game items, so I was able to sometimes pick gear for other companions. And even if you did not care about T7-O1 as I did, there was a puzzle in the Dark Temple that could give you all you need to equip your droid (though the puzzle chest was bugged for me, so I could not get anything from it). When I faced Emperor the last time, I forgot even to use the stim. I had enemy nameplates turned on, so I could see when the Emperor was casting Force Blast. When I attacked him, the phantoms appeared and I used T7-O1 to manually destroy them. Simple. The droid survived the initial attack, but fell shortly after. When the second wave of phantoms appeared, I destroyed them one by one, using Force Leap on the Emperor to interrupt Force Blast. Every defensive ability was on (Rebuke, Saber Ward, Call on the Force). I used the medpack to replenish health. During the third wave, I used Guarded by the Force and swiftly dealt with the phantoms. After that, I finished the Emperor off. When standing before his dead body, I realized how simple the fight was. All you need to do is to watch his Force Blast casts and carefully use your defensive abilities. Never lose faith, and may the Force be with you.

Yoink-WB
01.11.2012 , 02:10 AM | #260
I did this quest solo at lvl 49 as a guardian. You just need to utilize all your skills. heals, interrupts, taunts, awe, etc. Took me about 8 total attempts to figure it out