Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hegbork
01.09.2012 , 08:58 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonlo View Post
Or, you could just hit Awe, stun all the adds, and the boss, and you and T7 can take them out before Awe wears off letting you go back to fighting the boss.
Ok. That's the first wave of adds. What about the next two-three waves? Awe has a too long cooldown to be usable more than once. I guess I could kite the emperor around a pillar until awe comes off cooldown, but is avoiding the fight for a few minutes really the intended mechanic? This is all assuming that they spawn close enough to each other, which they don't.

I can't interrupt the boss often enough even with three different interrupts because only one of them is on a short cooldown and the boss chain casts spells that take down 20-40% of my health every 5 seconds. Even if I managed to interrupt everything his channeled spell (don't remember the name, but it's the channeled lightning that snares) takes 5-10% of my health on the first tick before I can interrupt. This means that if all the adds decide to start casting that spell at the same time they eat half of my health within a second from spawning before I could even use awe (never seen all of them do it, but I've seen 3 at the same time).

Cyclone strike does nothing to the adds. I've wiped 3 times to test this, they are immune to cyclone strike.

Using LoS behind pillars kind of works when the adds spawn just right, when they don't I can LoS three of them while the other two just snare and nuke me to death.

I will keep trying today because I have a few more strategies to try, but anyone saying that he can be taken down with normal interrupts or cyclone strike or line of sight exploits is obviously talking about a different fight than I see.

savagecarrot
01.09.2012 , 09:40 AM | #212
Quote:
Cyclone strike does nothing to the adds.
Yep, it's worthless...tested it too. Don't know why people are saying it does.

Bioware, tune the damn thing!

Novastinger
01.09.2012 , 09:43 AM | #213
Is this quest required? Like are there any more class quests beyond this? I'm not attempting it again until it's adjusted.

Saved Kira, Combat-spec'd Sentinel with T7 in lvl 24 or so gear, he dies in like literally one GCD worth of time when the first adds spawn. Puzzle was bugged so couldn't gear him.

Naroga
01.09.2012 , 10:12 AM | #214
The boss fight is ridiculous. Cyclone Strike doesn't kill the adds, kiting behind a pillar doesn't work 70% of the time, interrupting his spells only works if you manage to find him amongst the adds...

The lowest I got him was 30% hp, and this was after 10 wipes. I finally just brought a level 50 guildmate with me and facerolled my way to victory.

It was VERY anti-climatic. I wanted to feel like a bad-arse at the end of my class storyline, instead I felt like a whimp.

Babikir
01.09.2012 , 11:59 AM | #215
If you can solo this fight, then hats off to you. You are a remarkable player. I was able to complete it in 3 attempts with a level 45 healer coming along with me. It was still tough with just the two of us.

My advice, find a friend, preferably two before attempting this quest.

With two, I took the emperor along with T7, my healing friend kept us alive and used his companion to down the emperor clones. You have to keep someone on the emperor to interrupt force blast, its a one shot death. The other abilities can be healed through.

With three, we had a 45 jedi healer, a jedi sentinel and a guardian (me). T7 of course was with us. I tanked the emp, interrupting force blast, sentinel cleaned up ads and healer kept us alive. We burned him down in maybe two sets of clones, no problems.

Save yourself some frustration, take at least a healer, preferably more.

Bakarn
01.09.2012 , 12:02 PM | #216
I er. I punted him down the stairs. I then got him to 10%, he despawned, and then T7 inexplicably did around 15k damage a second to him and killed him.

Gravity killed him. I am wondering, personally, if a GM took pity on me and killed him.

A relatively easy fix for fights like this is to give the tanking companions some means of healing themselves, and in this specific case, let bloody Force Sweep kill the shadows.

Babikir
01.09.2012 , 12:20 PM | #217
If you can solo this fight, then hats off to you. You are a remarkable player. I was able to complete it in 3 attempts with a level 45 healer coming along with me. It was still tough with just the two of us.

My advice, find a friend, preferably two before attempting this quest.

With two, I took the emperor along with T7, my healing friend kept us alive and used his companion to down the emperor clones. You have to keep someone on the emperor to interrupt force blast, its a one shot death. The other abilities can be healed through.

With three, we had a 45 jedi healer, a jedi sentinel and a guardian (me). T7 of course was with us. I tanked the emp, interrupting force blast, sentinel cleaned up ads and healer kept us alive. We burned him down in maybe two sets of clones, no problems.

Save yourself some frustration, take at least a healer, preferably more.

Hegbork
01.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #218
I finally killed him by kiting him to the stairs, knocking him down, kiting him again, knocking him down, etc. While doing this, I found another possible method. It's to kill him with saber throw. It will take 15 minutes of careful kiting, but should work. Good luck to everyone who wants to do this without exploiting lousy game mechanics, you'll need it.

TheoNJ
01.09.2012 , 12:56 PM | #219
Sentinels can't knocking him down the stairs.
We have no push force. which is EXACTLY like the movies.
We CANT move anyone. nobody, none, nothing, not a dust, absolutely nothing.

newport
01.09.2012 , 01:08 PM | #220
Also killed him with force push down the stairs after 10 wipes. You could kite him around enough so that Awe is always back on timer when the adds spawn. I also was micromanaging T7 to do Awe+T7AoE to kill the adds pretty quick with minimal loss of life. You need to put T7 on passive also so he doesn't get killed by the emperor and just use him as a AoE bot. It's possible I could have gotten him all the way down with this method but I was impatient from dying 10 times so I just pushed him down the stairs twice.

So for sents it sucks, but on the upside the video of the Sentinel killing him it seemed like your dps was sufficient to down him a lot quicker than I had been, so this micromanaging T7 + kiting might work for you.