Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mtdruben
01.08.2012 , 12:15 PM | #181
Very poorly designed quest to say the least. Why bother with the chest when it comes AFTER all the trash?

Well, I left the area and returned to try again only to be met with respawns in the initial area. Only I'm STILL forced to use T7 in order to get to the shuttle.

If it didn't stop me from progressing on to the Belsavis and Ilum dailies I would wait until the bugs are fixed.

Bioware. You need to fire your Dev team. So far they have done a pretty ****** job.

/end rant

Aerich
01.08.2012 , 12:30 PM | #182
Finished fight without exploits / LOS

Level 50 Guardian spec'd 31/10/0 tank. I saved the companion.

I went in with my wife who is a level 50 Sage spec'd for heals and this fight still took us multiple attempts. I finally decided that trying to in any way shape or form to deal with the clones is futile. The only way we were able to win was to mark the Emperor before the fight, use T7 (who had not be upgraded in quite a while) to tank until dead as some kind of cruel temporary buff to keep me alive, while she, I, and her companion (Nadia) burned the real Emperor down as quickly as possible while my wife and I interrupted the Emperor's many many spells as often as we could. The end result was a dead T7, a dead Nadia, a nearly dead wife, and I managed to end up around half health.

This fight is ludicrously difficult. It didn't feel heroic or epic, just asinine. What's with the adds anyway? I'm a Jedi Knight supposedly a master of lightsaber combat, so why isn't the final epic conclusion of my story a one on one duel with the Emperor? Running around the room chasing the fool down doesn't have quite the same effect irregardless of the obscene difficulty level.

Oh and by the way.. the bugged chest for doing the puzzle was a nice touch. As well as the description for the Valiant which seemed to think I was there to save it from Warren once again. Oh and let's not forget the bug trapping other people on Dromund Kaas. My wife's fleet pass was down and now just because she came to help me she is locked out of her character for 14 hours. Fan-freaking-tastic. Seriously, was this quest ever played in beta? Ever? By anyone?

Between this bucket of fail and the Kira bug (yep I got that one too) and the general crappy place melee tanking is in - my pathetic aoe threat combined with every mob in the game stunning me or knocking me out or throwing me back 900 miles every 3 seconds requiring me to trudge back up in range to hopefully get one or two abilities off before the cycle starts again - I have got to say that my Jedi Knight tank has left a deeply bitter taste in my mouth and is by far the poorest experience I've had while gaming in a long time.

My advice to everyone: avoid the JK at all costs. If you want a Jedi experience then head on over to Consular land -
Spoiler
Making plans is a good way to hear god laugh

Arctex
01.08.2012 , 12:52 PM | #183
TLDR- crazy mechanics and bugged fight. More details below.

Spoiler

mtdruben
01.08.2012 , 01:11 PM | #184
This quest has finally killed the game for me. So dissapointed with the amount of bugs ruining this game.

Fnord_Prefect
01.08.2012 , 01:14 PM | #185
Maybe I'm just a bad player, but this is driving me crazy. I've got the best gear I've been able to buy/quest for. I've done all the other missions assigned to me, and I haven't needed help from other people. It kills me to say this, since forums are all full of people who are carrying pitchforks and torches over every little thing that annoys them, but this is complely Not Fun. It's making me miserable.

I've seen some people say they were able to complete this via some crazy bug; is there a good series of steps documented that will let me cheat my way through this? I just want to get it over with.

Additional notes: I did save my companion, and I'm a Guardian.

newport
01.08.2012 , 04:00 PM | #186
Obviously force leap doesn't work on the adds but also my cyclone slash seemed to not be working. Given that slash/cyclone slash are same damage type shouldn't cyclone work?

mtdruben
01.08.2012 , 04:30 PM | #187
TBH I'm guessing there is a certain strategy to this quest.

Using T7-01s EMP is probably key (otehrwise, why would the devs force you to use him?)

The main problem is the bug preventing you from opening the chest and getting T7-01 lvl 50 gear. Just off the top of my head i'm sure its possible to use his EMP as needed when the adds spawn and putting him on DPS mode so that he can deal with all 3 groups of adds would probably make the most sense.

Until the chest bug is fixed this quest is most likely impossible (Sentinels don't have Force Push) without a serios credit investment to T7.

mtdruben
01.08.2012 , 05:08 PM | #188
SUCCESS!

I had logged out right outside the emporers throne room and after logging back in everything had respawned and the chest was lootable.

No idea how long a soft reset takes

mtdruben
01.08.2012 , 06:04 PM | #189
Finished with ease with a lvl 50 sage friend. the key is absolutely using t7's EMP.

MasterKai
01.08.2012 , 06:13 PM | #190
Spoiler
Ren Kai, Kreed, Darvati, Iralia Kai, Lok, Verick, Anali, Corinthian
Sentinel, Vanguard, Gunslinger, Sage, Assassin, Juggernaut, Sniper, Powertech
SW:TOR Collectors Edition